/* */

PDA

View Full Version : missing salah...

anonymous
12-13-2011, 12:39 AM
What is one to do?

I had an exam today at 12 PM till 2PM ....

Zuhur time starts at approx. 12:09 here and Asr starts around 3:00 pm

Going in to the exam I knew that I would miss the zuhur salat since the exam was in the city and a distance away from the mosque....

If you really think about it I Intentionally missed the prayer since I could of done the following:

1) skipped the exam to make the salat - which is obligatory and more important than any other worldy thing
2) went to the exam, left early to make the salat in which case I would only have completed part of the exam.
3) after the exam, immediately make way toward the masjid which at best, I would have arrived roughly 10 minutes before ASR.

Instead I decided after the exam to go home first as the exam was in the city and I could pray at home...

I knew that as a result I would miss zuhur and make it for Asr and read zuhur Qazaa..

I knew this would happen, so it was intentional as in I deliberately missed zuhur even thought I did not Want to..

what is a person to do in such a circumstance? Should one abandon his exam, or other immediate duties to attend to the obligatory prayer? after all It is FARD and it should take priority over all other things...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
12-13-2011, 09:35 AM
:sl:

you don't have to got to mosque to perform shalah.
You can do your dhuhr shalah right after you finishes exam.

I have performed shalah in corridor, in a corner of empty room, in a plane, in a car, in train, in a bus, on a beach, etc etc etc.

Remember what Rasulullah SAW said:

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "I was given five that were not given to anyone before me." Among these five, he mentioned the earth. He said, "The earth has been made for me [and for my Ummah] as a masjid [place for worship] and a pureness [place for tayammum (dry ablution)]; therefore, anyone of my Ummah can pray whenever the time of Prayer is due." (Al-Bukhari)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!