/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab

anonymous
12-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Salaam,

I am a practicing sister and really wanna now take the steps in wearing a head scarf!
I have a job currently and may have an interview next week with a leading law firm!
I wanna go to the interview wearing a headscarf but I am scared I will not get hired because of it so I'm considering wearing it after, if I get the job! However I do wanna go in the interview with my future employer Insha'Allah knowing I do wear one!

This is a real opportunity for me as my skill art match perfectly, and I been going in and out of interviews for ages so now im debating on wearing it or not.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
12-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Please the Creator, and He will make the creation pleased with you. :)

tigerkhan
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
:sl:
i know its difficult to take descions related to our career. bcz we feel such descions had a long affect on our life sometimes. but i thinks all this bcz of our weak eman. we should have more belief on Allah Swt, The Razzaq. so as suggested in above post try to please HIM, insh u will be rewarded in both worlds.
Also i blv most of time jobs r not related to our religious outlook. its just we assume. if that so all ppl with beard or hijab r jobless...so if thats job will be in ur taqdeer, ur hajib cant change it. and if not then even u go for interview without hajab, u will not get it.
:wa:

innocent
12-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I say go for it. Wear your hijab to the interview. InshaAllah you will get the job and if u dont then something better will come along inshaAllah. Trust in Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
A friend of mine who works for another company but in HR said wear it web I get he job so they can't say anything then!

But if it's in my taqdeer like stated above, does that mean I'll get it regardless of wearing a headscarf or not?

Is that the same with marriage partners then? If u r destined to be with someone no matter what you'll end up with that person somehow

Insaanah
12-14-2011, 11:06 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
Please the Creator, and He will make the creation pleased with you.
I hadn't heard this before. Is there a source for this?

History has shown that those who do strive to please their Creator do sometimes face displeasure and/or enmity from the creation, and a verse from the Qur'an hints at that too:

Pickthall
And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting guardian nor helper. (2:120)

And there are verses in the Qur'an that indicate that believers will be tested, and also ahadeeth.

Although it would be nice if the more we became closer to Allah, the easier life would become, this was not even the case for the Prophets.

Do people imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, "We believe", and will not be tested with affliction? (29:1)

You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves... (3:186 part)

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,
Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return."
Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided. (2:155-157)

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
However I do wanna go in the interview with my future employer Insha'Allah knowing I do wear one!
And most importantly Allah knowing you're wearing one. If you decide to wear it after you've got a job, what if you died before then?

A big advantage of wearing it to your interview, is that the people who accept you will be those who have no problem with hijaab, and this will make your working life easier and nicer, inshaa'Allah.

Also, it is easier to start wearing when you've never met someone before, so you're wearing it the first time they meet you, rather than them seeing your hair the first time and then all of a sudden the second time you look very different.

You may think I'll wear it afterwards, but shaytaan will try to talk you out of it, saying it's hard to come in wearing the hijaab all of a sudden, leave it for a while...

But if it's in my taqdeer like stated above, does that mean I'll get it regardless of wearing a headscarf or not?
Yes.

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

ardianto
12-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Assalamualaikum, anonymous sister.

If you must past an area that full of enemies who will kill every Muslim who they meet, you can remove your hijab and pretend as non-Muslim when you pass this area and wear again after you arrive in safe area. From what I know, majority of Ulama approve it.

But from what I have read in your post, you are not in situation which you will die if you wear hijab. So, you cannot remove your hijab only to get this job. Even I see you have a -excuse me- bad intention. You try to cheat them, you will pretend as non-hijabi in job interview, then after you get this job you will reveal your true identity as hijabi. I guess, you expect you will have enough bargaining power if you reveal your identity as hijabi after you get this job.

No, sis. Always honest. wear your hijab to make them know you wear hijab from the first time you meet them. Let them decide, accept or not accept you. If they accept you, Alhamdulillah. But if they do not accept you, don't worry, InshaAllah, you will get another job. But you must always honest. Old people in my place say, Allah will open the way for those who honest, and I believe it.

:)

tigerkhan
12-15-2011, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Its in hadith when Allah Swt love someone, He put love for that person in heart of other creatures.
2ndly difficulties and test dont mean that a person is not a respectable and beloved person. eg u see most of blessed ppl and Ambiya AS faced many difficulties but still their names are alive and ppl love and respect them.

Tyrion
12-15-2011, 05:51 AM
If any workplace refuses to hire someone because of a headscarf, then you probably shouldn't want to work for them.

ardianto
12-15-2011, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
If any workplace refuses to hire someone because of a headscarf, then you probably shouldn't want to work for them.
In the past there were many companies in Indonesia that refused female job seeker who wear hijab. Now if you visit Indonesia you can find female who where hijab in many companies, even I found some companies prefer to accept female who wear hijab.

Okay, okay, that's in Indonesia, not in western countries.

But I still wonder, why can those companies refuse Muslim female job seeker who wear hijab. In Indonesia you can find many Christians who work in companies that owned by Muslims. Those Christians can wear cross necklace in the offices and no one forbid it.

Riana17
12-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Salam Ukhteeee!!!
Yay im excited for you, and really nice intention, you dont wanna pretend you are something else and really good to see your real color beforehand.

It's been 1.5yrs since conversion and how sweeeet that I'm still terrible in Hijab.

Alhamdollellah I have the solution for you, I found the "Sewist" last week and I just fall inlove with her -pls do check all her video, i just google her, youtube is blocked in office

Indeed very pretty & funny Muslimah and very simple ways to wear hijab, a tutorial exclusively from her. She is the best for beginner and simple hijabi like me, and also to add to your outfit, i feel simple clothes like this is good

Tips: a clothes must be plain bright color and not sad ones must be coordinating with Hijab, simple ones and comfortable are best option, make sure you practise hijab alot and wont tighten your head

In top of all, pray to Allah to guide you and ease your feelings, if you are not ready to wear hijab dont force yourself, maybe you can wear hijab after weeks or months at your duty, but make sure to put your religion in your CV.

Goodluck ukkhteee and dont push too hard!!!!
INSHALLAH you'll get a job that will satisfy you financially and emotionally :*

I love ISLAM coz no one force me into it, its purely Allah's love that I am a Muslimah, alhamdollellah

Asiyah3
12-15-2011, 10:50 AM

I will write you a reply tomorrow, inshaAllah.

:w:

anonymous
12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
My intention is to wear it!
This is why I want to go in not wearing it, so if I get it I can wear it!

Problem ATM is I dont wear it to work an doubt I'll ever have the courage to wear it here! ... So if I get a new job I'll wear it however me wearin it for the interview might jeapodise my chances...

anonymous
12-15-2011, 11:45 AM

Problem ATM is I dont wear it to work an doubt I'll ever have the courage to wear it here! ... So if I get a new job I'll wear it however me wearin it for the interview might jeapodise my chances...

Muslim Woman
12-15-2011, 12:21 PM

sis , if u get the job , then on your joining day , devil will whisper that hey , u did not wear veil on interview , now they will not allow u to join .

Then u may think , ok , I will wear it tomorrow . Then devil will say , u did not wear it here the other days , now what will they say ? U cheated them and u may lose job etc etc .

So , try to please Allah instead of members of Interview board.

When asked about her Hijab by Journalists & how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education, she replied:

•••►“Man in the early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is regressive back to ancient times!!”

- Tawakel Karman
(The second Muslim woman to win a Nobel Prize & the youngest Nobel Peace Laureate to date)

ILoveAllaah.com

ardianto
12-15-2011, 12:25 PM
My sister,

You will try to not show them you wear hijab because you are afraid, if they know you wear hijab they will not accept you. And you have a plan you will tell them that you actually wear hijab after you get that job.

Now imagine. You are a company owner who are looking for an employee with spesific degree. Then someone comes and show a diploma from a favorite university. You accept her because you believe she has graduated from that university.

But after you accept her, she tell you, that diploma is false and she never studied in university. What you feel? I guess you will angry.

Now we regard, you already get this job. If the company has no objection with employee who wear hijab, no problem. But if the company object their employee wear hijab, they will ask you "why didn't you tell us you wear hijab?" and maybe you will get fired.

Wear your hijab in job interview and try to convince them, nothing wrong with female employee who wear hijab. And don't give up if they refuse you. Always believe, Allah will open a way for you.

Sister, I know, in western countries, hijab and long beard are regarded as symbol of extremism. I also know, some or maybe many brothers here have long beard. But did they shave their long beard only to get a job?

Muslim Woman
12-15-2011, 12:30 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan

Its in hadith when Allah Swt love someone, He put love for that person in heart of other creatures.

The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When Allah loves a slave, calls out Jibril and says: `I love so-and-so; so love him'.

Then Jibril loves him. After that he (Jibril) announces to the inhabitants of heavens that Allah loves so-and-so; so love him; and the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him and then make people on earth love him".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Another narration of Muslim is: Messenger of Allah, (PBUH) said:

"When Allah loves a slave, He calls Jibril (Gabriel) and says: `I love so-and-so; so love him.' And then Jibril loves him.

Then he (Jibril) announces in the heavens saying: Allah loves so-and-so; so love him; then the inhabitants of the heavens (the angels) also love him; and then people on earth love him. And when Allah hates a slave, He calls Jibril and says: `I hate so-and-so, so hate him.' Then Jibril also hates him.

He (Jibril) then announces amongst the inhabitants of heavens: `Verily, Allah hates so-and-so, so you also hate him.'

Thus they also start to hate him. Then he becomes the object of hatred on the earth also".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...00/chap047.htm

Asiyah3
12-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Who gave you the interview? Who blessed you with the knowledge and skills you have? Who gave you health and nutrition in your mother's womb?

Are you sure you want to get this job by displeasing and disobeying Allah? Or you want to have His barakah in your work and salary?

Sis, you are our Muslim sister and we only wish for your happiness. May Allah help you follow His guidance.

A man came to the great scholar Ibrahim ibn Adham, may Allah be pleased with him, and said, “Abu Ishaq, I am unable to control myself. Please give me something to help me with it”

“If you accept five conditions,” said Ibrahim, “and are able to put them into practice, your disobedience will not cause you any problem.”
“Just tell me what they are, Abu Ishaq!” the man said. “The first is that when you want to disobey Allah you do not eat anything He provides.” “Then how will I get anything to eat? Everything on the earth is from Him!” “So is it right to eat His provision and disobey Him at the same time?” replied Ibrahim.
“No, it is not. What is the second condition?”

“When you want to disobey him, move off His land.”
“That is even more difficult! Exclaimed the man. “In that case where will I live?”
“Is it right to eat his provision and live on His land and then to disobey Him?” asked Ibrahim. “No, it is not.”
“What is the third condition?”

“When you want to disobey Him in spite of eating His provision and living on His land, find a place where He will not see you and disobey Him there.”
“What do you mean, Ibrahim? He knows everything that happens even in the most hidden places!” “So is it right to disobey Him when you eat His provision and live on His land and when you know that He can see everything you do?” “It certainly is not!” the man replied.
“Tell me the fourth condition.”

“That when the Angel of Death arrives to take your soul, you say to him, ‘Give me a reprieve so that I can repent and act righteously for Allah.’”
“But he won’t listen to me!” “Then if you cannot ward off death long enough to give yourself time to repent, and you know that when it comes there will be no reprieve, how can you hope to be saved?”
“What is the fifth?”

“That when the angels of the Fire come to you to take you to the Fire, you do not go with them.” “They will take me whether I like it or not!” exclaimed the man.
“So how can you hope to be saved?”
“Enough, enough, Ibrahim! I ask Allah’s forgiveness and I turn to Him!”

The man’s repentance was sincere and from that time on he was assiduous in his worship and avoided acts of disobedience until the day he died.

source/

anonymous
12-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Insha'Allah I'll wear it. Interview is Tuesday so please make dua for me*

ardianto
12-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Insha'Allah, I will make dua for you.

Now it's better if you take a rest and prepare yourself for interview in Tuesday.

anonymous
12-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Oh no it's now Been delayed due to christmas, so interview will be in jan!
I'll keep you updated

Asiyah3
12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Al-hamdulillah. May Allah bless you, reward you for your decision, protect you from sins and grant you the job.

anonymous
12-16-2011, 11:13 AM
The company had withdrawn the interview as other candidates are more suitable. Allah is punishing me

Muslim Woman
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM

how do u know it's a punishment ? May be , Allah saved u from an environment that could be harmful for you .

InshaAllah u will get a better job . Make dua so that Allah grants what is best for u.

anonymous
12-16-2011, 11:50 AM

Omg my current manager just called me in saying my job must change, I didn't want to, but she goes I could be made redundant

Muslim Woman
12-16-2011, 05:18 PM

Omg my current manager just called me in saying my job must change, I didn't want to, but she goes I could be made redundant
don't worry . Rizk comes from Allah . Make dua and have faith & patience.

Riana17
12-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Salam Ukhtee

I understand how you feel, I am working in the company for almost decade now but guess what, I will still be very sad to loose my job when Allah wills, I love working, its big part of my life, i spend more time in job more than my husband, I need job to be able to meet my needs

But to overcome and understand all this we must have strong faith, so whatever storms comes to us, we will pass them with the help of Allah (swt).

May Allah reward you with all the good including best career, Amen

Asiyah3
02-11-2012, 08:25 AM

History has shown that those who do strive to please their Creator do sometimes face displeasure and/or enmity from the creation, and a verse from the Qur'an hints at that too:

Pickthall
And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting guardian nor helper. (2:120)

And there are verses in the Qur'an that indicate that believers will be tested, and also ahadeeth.

Although it would be nice if the more we became closer to Allah, the easier life would become, this was not even the case for the Prophets.

Do people imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, "We believe", and will not be tested with affliction? (29:1)

You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves... (3:186 part)

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,
Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return."
Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided. (2:155-157)

:sl: warahmatullah,

Firstly, could you please forgive me for being so late in responding and not following my words?

Secondly, So I told the sister "Please the Creator and He will make the creation pleased with you." Disagreeing with me you said that the best people, the Prophets (peace be upon them) were opposed by people.

As for the source of my saying, here it is:

On the authority of `A`ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) it is reported that Allah's Messenger said:

"Whoever seeks Allah's Pleasure at the expense of men's displeasure, will win Allah's Pleasure and Allah will cause men to be pleased with him. And whoever seeks to please men at the expense of Allah's Displeasure, will win the Displeasure of Allah and Allah will cause men to be displeased with him." (Narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Saheeh)

"The Prophet informs us in this Hadith that whoever sought Allah's Pleasure by obeying His Commands and abstaining from all of that which He has prohibited, without caring whether or not he pleased others and without paying heed to their insults and oppression, will achieve Allah's Pleasure and He will place love for that person in the hearts of mankind; but as for him who tried to please the people at the expense of his Religion, he will incur the Wrath of Allah , Most Glorified, Most High, and He will place hate of that person in the hearts of the people as a punishment for him because of his bad intentions - one only has to look at the present situation in the Muslim world to see the truth of this.
Benefits Derived From This Hadith
1. Confirmation of Allah's Divine Attribute of Pleasure.
2. That adhering strictly to the tenets of the Religion will result in Allah's Pleasure.
3. The forbiddance of hypocrisy in religious matters.
4. Confirmation of Allah's Divine Attribute of Anger.
5. That hypocrisy in religious matters results in Allah's Anger.
6. That the love or hate in the heart is in Allah's Hands.
Relevance of This Hadith to the Subject of the Chapter
That it proves the forbiddance of abandoning obedience to Allah due to fear of others or seeking to please them.
Relevance of This Hadith to the Subject of Tawheed
That the Hadith proves the obligation to fear Allah , Alone; this proves that fear is a form of worship and directing worship to other than Allah is shirk."

Taken from Kitab at-Tawheed.

Each human is tested differently, according to his capacities. Person A can stand hunger, but couldn't stand bad treatment from their spouses. Person B can stand loneliness, but could never stand being sick, and so on. Allah azzawjal doesn't burden a soul more than it can take. If we would make a certain sized and shaped ball out of people's different trials and each of us had to pick one ball, trial for ourselves, we would end up picking our own. And Allah knows us best.

The Prophets, peace be upon them had high emaan, were the example for their nations, and chosen by Allah swt to call to His worship and righteousness. Thus they were the most severely tested. But our emaan is far from theirs, Allah swt wouldn't burden us with what we can't handle.

Some of us, unfortunately, love the world, and would be sadden by what we here face. This was not the case with Prophets, who were more concerned with the Afterlife. They didn't care what people thought of them. Noah (AS) kept calling people for how long, despite them blocking their sight and ears. Yet, he was patient, praise be to Allah.

anonymous
02-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Salaam,

I haven't replied in a while. Basically they made a mistake and did want to see me and I had to face to face interviews. I didn't wear hijab and now I actually been offered te job. As other bothers and sisters have said I regret by wearing it to interview but I want to wear it in first day I just need to pluck up the courage Insha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!