/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi woman executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'

User29123
12-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Salam

A Saudi woman has been executed for practising "witchcraft and sorcery", the country's interior ministry says.A statement published by the state news agency said Amina bint Abdul Halim bin Salem Nasser was beheaded on Monday in the northern province of Jawf.
The ministry gave no further details of the charges which the woman faced.
The woman was the second person to be executed for witchcraft in Saudi Arabia this year. A Sudanese man was executed in September.

this story is pretty much all over the place, I actually don't know what to say I am sure the women must have done something else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16150381

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-13-2011, 06:46 PM
I find this very odd.. very very odd.. on a personal level the logician in me refuses to believe in 'black magic' etc. on the other hand I know people in Egypt have this 'science' down to an art and it is said that they do great evil with it. That one woman used to do these 'deeds' and bury the talisman with dead bodies so that no one can undo them. And at the end of her life she wanted to repent and make pilgrimage but she could never see the kaaba.. she complained to a sheikh and he cursed her & hung up on her, she died shortly after and no one wanted to bury her upon her death.. I don't know how much of that story is true but it really does remind me of the witch trials of salem.. and it is just an odd happening in the 21c.

:w:

GuestFellow
12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Too much speculation.

Abz2000
12-14-2011, 05:00 AM
that stuff does exist, the satanists take it seriously and some powerful politicians get into it,
the Quran even mentions it,

And when there came to them a messenger from Allah, confirming what was with them, a party of the people of the Book threw away the Book of Allah behind their backs, as if (it had been something) they did not know!
They followed what the satans gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: Solomon did not disbelieve, but the evil ones, teaching men sorcery, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not disbelieve." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah.s permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (sorcery) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter.

And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!

If they had kept their Faith and guarded themselves from evil, far better had been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!

Quran Chapter 2:101-103

bear in mind that the Quran mentions babylon as the source,
this is where the jews spent their exile and where the talmud came out of,
it is also a fact that the kabbalah was written when the templars invaded al Aqsa and the excavations began
the church of satan's ensign is also inscribed in hebrew - indicating that it is a source language.
http://abz2000.com/images/joe-rogan-lavey.jpg

http://abz2000.com/images/PopeRatzin...ign2-20-09.jpg

these sickos perform sick rituals to call on satan and get his assistance, and once he's pleased enough with them, he'll help them.
notice how despots in positions of extreme power gravitate towards satanism, why do you think they do it?
aren't they busy people with really tough schedules?
well it seems satan has a use for people in positions of authority so he is most likely to bless them.

Summer, 1967 at Owls Nest Camp, Bohemian Grove. with two future U.S. presidents. Around the table, left to right:
Preston Hotchkis, Ronald Reagan, Harvey Hancock (standing), Richard M. Nixon, Glenn Seaborg, Jack Sparks, (unidentified individual), (unidentified individual), and Edwin W. Pauley. Retrieved July 15, 2009.

notice how they both laugh to lighten the mood and then change the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2E_HP97Rzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszzd...eature=related

read more here: http://abz2000.com/newworldorder.aspx

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamicRevival
12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Witchcraft is pure evil. This stuff ruins lives and if she was practicing black magic, she deserved to be punished. Whether executing her was right or wrong is up for debate, Not so sure myself

esperanza
12-14-2011, 01:27 PM

Saudi woman executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'

Continue reading the main story Related Stories

A Saudi woman has been executed for practising "witchcraft and sorcery", the country's interior ministry says.
A statement published by the state news agency said Amina bint Abdul Halim bin Salem Nasser was beheaded on Monday in the northern province of Jawf.
The woman was the second person to be executed for witchcraft in Saudi Arabia this year. A Sudanese man was executed in September.
'Threat to Islam' BBC regionalist analyst Sebastian Usher says the interior ministry stated that the verdict against Ms Nasser was upheld by Saudi Arabia's highest courts, but it did not give specific details of the charges.
The London-based newspaper, al-Hayat, quoted a member of the religious police as saying that she was in her 60s and had tricked people into giving her money, claiming that she could cure their illnesses.
Our correspondent said she was arrested in April 2009.
But the human rights group Amnesty International, which has campaigned for Saudis previously sentenced to death on sorcery charges, said it had never heard of her case until now, he adds.
A Sudanese man was executed in September on similar charges, despite calls led by Amnesty for his release.
In 2007, an Egyptian national was beheaded for allegedly casting spells to try to separate a married couple.
Last year, a Lebanese man facing the death penalty on charges of sorcery, relating to a fortune-telling television programme he presented, was freed after the Saudi Supreme Court decreed that his actions had not harmed anyone.
Amnesty says that Saudi Arabia does not actually define sorcery as a capital offence. However, some of its conservative clerics have urged the strongest possible punishments against fortune-tellers and faith healers as a threat to Islam.

esperanza
12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
sorcery definitely ocurs across arab ountries especially in morocco

MustafaMc
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
that stuff does exist, the satanists take it seriously and some powerful politicians get into it,
Assalamu alaikum, akhi, you made some important points here. This speech by JFK is very revealing to current events http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR5m1...layer_embedded

Ramadhan
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by esperanza
sorcery definitely ocurs across arab ountries especially in morocco
In Indonesia as well.

Indeed, it is pure evil.

User29123
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by esperanza
Advertisement

12 December 2011 Last updated at 18:03 GMT Share this page
Share this page

Saudi woman executed for 'witchcraft and sorcery'

Continue reading the main story Related Stories
A Saudi woman has been executed for practising "witchcraft and sorcery", the country's interior ministry says.
A statement published by the state news agency said Amina bint Abdul Halim bin Salem Nasser was beheaded on Monday in the northern province of Jawf.
'Threat to Islam' BBC regionalist analyst Sebastian Usher says the interior ministry stated that the verdict against Ms Nasser was upheld by Saudi Arabia's highest courts, but it did not give specific details of the charges.
The London-based newspaper, al-Hayat, quoted a member of the religious police as saying that she was in her 60s and had tricked people into giving her money, claiming that she could cure their illnesses.
Our correspondent said she was arrested in April 2009.
But the human rights group Amnesty International, which has campaigned for Saudis previously sentenced to death on sorcery charges, said it had never heard of her case until now, he adds.
A Sudanese man was executed in September on similar charges, despite calls led by Amnesty for his release.
In 2007, an Egyptian national was beheaded for allegedly casting spells to try to separate a married couple.
Last year, a Lebanese man facing the death penalty on charges of sorcery, relating to a fortune-telling television programme he presented, was freed after the Saudi Supreme Court decreed that his actions had not harmed anyone.
Amnesty says that Saudi Arabia does not actually define sorcery as a capital offence. However, some of its conservative clerics have urged the strongest possible punishments against fortune-tellers and faith healers as a threat to Islam.
Your links dont work....

esperanza
12-14-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16150381

SFatima
12-14-2011, 02:11 PM
@ bluebell, Magic is true, the Prophet saww was under spell for some time by a Jewish magician, after which the Sura Falak and Naas were revealed and he recited them . Then the effect of magic vanished from him, I'm sure most people know about this. And that was said to be one of the most powerful magic spells that was done on the Prophet, if the anti dote of that has been revealed, muslims need not be so scared of being spell bound as long as they practise Islam correctly and read sura's and duas for protection from it. The Prophet saww used to read these suras and shoof on his hands, and touch them from head to to toe.

There still are magic spells on people, and there are Jinns who bother people who are strong in eeman and are going ahead in deen, we all need to remind ourselves to read these duas and suras 3 times a day atleast!

Pygoscelis
12-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Is it common for muslims to believe in witchcraft? Or is this an extreme view I'm hearing? This is the first I've heard of it.

إحسان
12-14-2011, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Is it common for muslims to believe in witchcraft? Or is this an extreme view I'm hearing? This is the first I've heard of it.
Yes we do. The Qu'ran (from the top of my head, Suratal Falaq) mentions witchcraft/black magic and other suras in the Quran mention it several times. Of course it's forbidden and is seen as a serious crime. Unfortunately, sihr (magic) is quite common in Muslim countries... For more detail I'd suggest looking here

Muhammad
12-14-2011, 09:29 PM
:sl:

As mentioned above, some of the evidences that magic is real:

The evidence of Ahl al-Sunnah concerning that is as follows:

1. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Haaroot and Maaroot, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, “We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).” And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allaah’s Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not”
[al-Baqarah 2:102]

This verse clearly indicates what we are trying to say, which is that sihr (witchcraft) is real, and that the practitioner of witchcraft may create a division between a man and his wife thereby, and that he may harm people by means of his witchcraft, but he cannot do any harm except by Allaah’s leave.

2. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And from the evil of those who practise witchcraft when they blow in the knots”
[al-Falaq 113:4]

“those who practise witchcraft when they blow in the knots” refers to female witches whose witchcraft involved tying knots then blowing into them. If witchcraft were not something real, Allaah would not have commanded us to seek refuge from it.

3. Further evidence is provided by the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was bewitched by the Jew Labeed ibn al-A’sam. This is a saheeh hadeeth that was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

Ibn al-Qayyim said: The witchcraft which can cause sickness, lethargy, mental sickness, love, hatred and delusions is something that does exist and is known by the masses. Many people know it from experience.

Al-Tafseer al-Qayyim, p. 571
Furthermore, there does exist a severe ruling in Islam against practitioners of magic, but I don't know the the exact conditions and further details for this. For example, see: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13941/magic

Also:
Since both the practice and learning of magic is classified in Islam as kufr (disbelief), the Shariah (Islamic law) has set aside a very stiff sentence for anyone caught practising it. The penalty for anyone caught practising it, who does not repent and give it up, is death.
[...]
The severity of the ruling on magicians is primarily to protect the weaker elements of society from falling into shirk in Tawheed al-Asma was-Sifat by attributing to magicians divine qualities belonging only to Allah. In addition to the sacrilege committed by those who practice witchcraft in earnest, magicians often claim for themselves supernatural powers and divine attributes, in order to attract a following and earn undue fame.

Dr Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips, The Fundamentals of Tawheed

If some find this to be a difficult concept, the following may be helpful:

...When dealing with the concepts of "right" and "wrong", we, as Muslims, turn to the guidance handed down to us through revelation. When God tells us in the Quran, "It may be that you dislike something that is good for you, and it may be that you love something that is bad for you," (2:216) we take this advice to heart and have complete conviction that every single divine injunction handed down to us through our Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) is for our own benefit. Sometimes, we are able to discern the benefit; at other times, we are unable to discern it. Our inability to discern the benefit in divine injunctions stems from our inherent human incapacity: our limitary knowledge prevents us from being able to come to judgments that take all possibilities into account. We may think something is good for us, but only because we are unable to understand how it would harm us. We may think something is bad for us, but only because we are unable to understand how it would benefit us. We believe that "Allah knows and you do not know." (2:216)

In this context, when the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) warned us against magic, we understand his warning as a loving and sincere indication towards what is best for us.

Imam Bukhari relates via Abu Hurayra that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, "Shun the Destructive Seven," to which the Companions responded, "O Messenger of Allah, what are they?" The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) replied, "Associating partners with Allah, magic, killing a human soul without right, consuming usury, consuming the wealth of an orphan, fleeing from the battlefield, and charging innocent, chaste, believing women with adultery."

In the light of this hadith, we understand that all of the seven acts mentioned by the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) are extremely harmful--destructive, in fact--to us. If someone objects by saying that they can weave a magical spell that brings benefit to their subject, we--as Muslims--believe that there are certain harmful aspects of magic that have escaped the knowledge of this person, and that our Lord, in His perfect knowledge and out of his loving concern for us, warned us against magic on the tongue of His messenger to apprise us of this.

Someone who does not believe in God or in the veracity of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace), however, will not be able to understand this...
And Allaah (swt) knows best.

Abz2000
12-14-2011, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
This speech by JFK is very revealing to current events http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR5m1...layer_embedded
thanks for that reminder brother, i made a video about this a couple of years back, these videos are for educational purposes only and are relevant to the topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5AAEX2eoms

second one is someone else's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDM7D1teDco

جوري
12-15-2011, 12:48 AM
bear in mind that the Quran mentions babylon as the source,
Allah yer7amo al'3wlaqi.. I miss him.. I have never cried over the death of any scholar as much as I did him... he had such charisma I remember listening to his lectures on a long drive at night, he'd take the fright out of the lonely road and keep me co. with his beautiful stories.. just transported me to a different time and place... may Allah swt yantaqam ashaad intiqaam from his enemies.. Allahouma i7sihim 3addada wa'qtolhoum madadda wla toghadir minhoum a7ada..

ameen

جوري
12-15-2011, 01:39 AM
what's even more disgusting than implicating prophet Solomon save to say that Asmodeus the 'king of the devils' was the son of David as a result of mating with a succubus .. sometimes when I further read into Jewish literature, I can truly understand why they're 'maghdoob 3lyhim' while the other half are truly dhaleen...

CosmicPathos
12-15-2011, 02:04 AM
I think the more important issue here is how do you decide if someone is involved in sihr and magic? What proof is there that this woman was doing sihr on public? Just some hair, knots, ropes, matches and her looks?

I believe magic exists. But it is very rare as opposed to how common it is made out to be. Yes many in Arab world and Pakistan practice what can called "witchcraft" but I doubt they are for real in touch with Jinns and shayateen, probably lying or delusional.

There are videos on youtube of an Indian rationalist challenging Hindu tantrics to kill him through magic, no one is able to kill him. Magic is really rare.

جوري
12-15-2011, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
What proof is there that this woman was doing sihr
This is a judicial matter.. what proof have we that someone committed theft or murder etc etc.
we don't have all the fact so we can't judge one way or the other.. However, whether there's an outcome to their 'magic' or not I'd rather rid of such individuals especially in Egypt would really curb on the hatred, ignorance and people ripping others off with false promises.

CosmicPathos
12-15-2011, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
This is a judicial matter.. what proof have we that someone committed theft or murder etc etc.
we don't have all the fact so we can't judge one way or the other.. However, whether there's an outcome to their 'magic' or not I'd rather rid of such individuals especially in Egypt would really curb on the hatred, ignorance and people ripping others off with false promises.
To rid of them, you'd have to identify them. How'd you identify? Just because they make lofty promises to public?

Yea but even in court, how would someone prove that magic was done on him/her? One can argue that everything bad happening in their life was done by sihr of fulan and fulan person.

Just curious, are there any islamic guidelines on proving the witchcraft crime?

Seems to be an arbitrary thing, anyone who hates me can go to court and say I did magic on him/her, hide some knots in my house and send the mutaween, lo and behold, I am punished as a magician.

جوري
12-15-2011, 02:46 AM
To rid of them, you'd have to identify them. How'd you identify?
Like I said before this is a judicial matter.. but believe me it isn't difficult to find such people and have them do stuff.

CosmicPathos
12-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Like I said before this is a judicial matter.. but believe me it isn't difficult to find such people and have them do stuff.
I'll take your word. But you are aware of this in context of psychiatric diseases as well. Many times we come across a patient who is labeled as possessed, by family members. If you deny that there is no jinn but a psychiatric illness then you are called a heretic. On the other side, we can never know if a person's psychiatric illness was really due to jinns or not.

جوري
12-15-2011, 02:58 AM
I'll take your word. But you are aware of this in context of psychiatric diseases as well. Many times we come across a patient who is labeled as possessed, by family members. If you deny that there is no jinn but a psychiatric illness then you are called a heretic. On the other side, we can never know if a person's psychiatric illness was due to jinns or not.
When you first enter medical school everything is a potential medical dx including self of course.. I promise this too will come to pass. Also it isn't a question of whether their 'magic' works or not just the fact that they do it. Someone wanted to break my aunt's marriage once and it happened, everything that happens only happens by the will of Allah swt but my aunt did find in her house while cleaning once a 'talisman' with her wedding picture torn along with some freaky things like blood, hair and other yucks, some people bury such things with the dead so they can't be 'undone' So people do such things of sound mind & body with one purpose & gain financially from it!

CosmicPathos
12-15-2011, 03:10 AM
When you first enter medical school everything is a potential medical dx including self of course.. I promise this too will come to pass. Also it isn't a question of whether their 'magic' works or not just the fact that they do it. Someone wanted to break my aunt's marriage once and it happened, everything that happens only happens by the will of Allah swt but my aunt did find in her house while cleaning once a 'talisman' with her wedding picture torn along with some freaky things like blood, hair and other yucks, some people bury such things with the dead so they can't be 'undone' So people do such things of sound mind & body with one purpose & gain financially from it!

You are right about the financial gains.

Is your signature any authentic saying of Ali (ra)? I like it.

جوري
12-15-2011, 03:12 AM
Is your signature any authentic saying of Ali (ra)? I like it.
Yup.. he was as they all were wise and brilliant..

Abz2000
12-15-2011, 03:26 AM
Was just about to say that,
These people advertise themselves and word spreads,
it's not too difficult to send a cop with a microphone or spy cam,
Or to find a bunch of books etc,

The spirit community is probably just as vast as ours, but I tend to try and ignore it and never fear it,
The trust in Allah has to overcome all fear of evil or falling into it is easy,

I remember going to this goth guy's house once to pick up a computer and found his whole house filled with model coffins and skulls and death worship, his phone number had 666 in it and his car was a hearse,
So decided to go back another day with a Quran translation and some booklets, and he just grinned, so you want me to read it? Yep. Ok then.

My sister in law asked me if I wasn't afraid, I just said that we are on earth for a purpose and not to fear evil because Allah is with us,

A few days later I opened the bible and found the verses of what remains of the psalms of Dawud (pbuh):
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for Thou art with me.

I thought WOW,

I had also read in sahih Muslim that the prophet pbuh said that the seventy thousand who would go to jannah without reckoning were those who didn't trust in evil omen, didn't charm themselves or others, and put their trust in Allah.

Allah yer7amo al'3wlaqi.. I miss him.. I have never cried over the death of any scholar as much as I did him...
I've got tears welling up in my eyes again, wallahi I felt he same, I have never cried over the death of anyone as I did him (ra) hope Allah makes him among those who have the highest status in paradise and that I be joined with him there.

My phone has his complete works saved and I listen every day, when travelling or at work, I sometimes wake up to hear him as I fall asleep listening, ya shaheed, may Allah give your family consolation and make your remaining children to be of the virtuous leaders inshaAllah.

جوري
12-15-2011, 03:34 AM
I remember going to this goth guy's house once to pick up a computer and found his whole house filled with model coffins and skulls and death worship, his phone number had 666 in it and his car was a hearse,
So decided to go back another day with a Quran translation and some booklets, and he just grinned, so you want me to read it? Yep. Ok then.
I had a few friends in school and under-grad unfortunately who were pagans and some openly into 'witchcraft', tarots and talismans may Allah swt forgive me for those days.. I wasn't a practicing Muslim and I have such regret over that and for the company I kept as well. One of them was openly a devil worshiper astghfor Allah.. I never took it seriously, I generally just thought they were idiots and laughed it off.. Imagine entering into your 30's and not leaving behind the crap you did as a teenager.. I just kind of feel sorry for them now.. their lives have never improved in spite of their devil worship which leads me to believe that they're probably doing something wrong ;D shouldn't they gain something by doing this? why commit to this misery for so long to live in a state of privation amongst other things?

GuestFellow
12-15-2011, 06:23 PM
How did they manage to prove it before a court? I mean it would be pretty difficult.

Pygoscelis
12-15-2011, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *dua
Yes we do. The Qu'ran (from the top of my head, Suratal Falaq) mentions witchcraft/black magic and other suras in the Quran mention it several times. Of course it's forbidden and is seen as a serious crime. Unfortunately, sihr (magic) is quite common in Muslim countries... For more detail I'd suggest looking here
Thank you for the link!

Ramadhan
12-15-2011, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
How did they manage to prove it before a court? I mean it would be pretty difficult.
I would think so.

For every serious crimes with serious punishments (eg. death penalty) in Islam, the requirement for proof is very difficult (such as in adultery).
My guess is that it involves self confession on top of others' witnesses.
Also remember that there should be da'wah and chance to repent first.

GuestFellow
12-16-2011, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

I would think so.

For every serious crimes with serious punishments (eg. death penalty) in Islam, the requirement for proof is very difficult (such as in adultery).
My guess is that it involves self confession on top of others' witnesses.
Also remember that there should be da'wah and chance to repent first.
Salaam,

Also, I would like to add, Saudi Monarchy keeps a very tight control over the media. We are not aware what really happened.

- Qatada -
12-16-2011, 06:29 PM
:salamext:

http://JinnDemons.com

Abz2000
12-16-2011, 11:20 PM

Galaxy
12-17-2011, 02:54 AM
Witchcraft is very real and evil indeed. There must be something wrong with you if associate yourself with shaytaan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!