/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do I get sins for saying bad things in my head?

Moneeb
12-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Assalam Walaycum, brothers and sisters. I was really stressed out from school and schoolwork. I was mad easily at small things. I yell stuff in my head, some are bad stuff. Not cussing but yelling things at people or others but not Allah(swt). I am worried that I get bad deeds for it. So do I get bad deeds for saying bad things in my head and thinking bad thoughts? I didnt say those words or do those thoughts. I am just afraid if I get sins for it. Thank you and may Allah(swt) help you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Assalamualaikum, young brother.

I am not competent to say is sin or not sin if you are saying bad things, in your mind or with your mouth. But you should stop your habit to say bad words or bad things.

When I was young in early of my teen age, sometime I said bad words, in my mind and through my mouth. I 'learned' those words from people who I meet on the streets. Later, Hollywood movies made me able to say some simple English words. Unfortunately, not good words. In example, when I got shocked I said English word "Oh ... s**t !!".

But I realized, that's not good. Then I started to train myself to say Islamic words like Astagfirullah, Alhamdulillah, etc. I 'implant' those words in my brain, and trained myself with simple method, when talked with someone I said "Alhamdulillah" to show I am happy, when I saw something wrong that made me got little shocked, I said 'Astaghfirullah". Now, when I got shocked I always say "Astaghfirullah !!", not "Oh ... s**t !".

You can remove bad words from your mind if you try to 'implant' Islamic words into your brain, and you train yourself to say those Islamic words. You can do it if you have an intention.

About yelling things at people. Frankly, I do not really understand what you mean. But if you talk about praise other people ...... nothing wrong with praise other people as long as not 'over praise'. In example, if you find someone has good idea, you can say "He is really clever", or normal praise like "He is handsome'. But do not ever over praise like "You are the greatest" or "She has all the world's beauty".

Abz2000
12-19-2011, 04:05 AM
i get that too, where raps i used to listen to just float around in the brain without my thinking about them, and i still do tend to say s**t when i drop something or forget something, or mess up.
still, the astaghfirullah is coming immediately after more and more frequently.

Samiun
12-19-2011, 04:28 AM
:sl: I think this hadeeth explains well, Allah knows best.

On the authority of Ibn 'Abbaas, radiAllaahu anhu, from the Messenger of Allaah, sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam, from what he has related from his Lord, tabaaraka wa ta'aalaa, that He said :

Verily Allaah ta'aalaa has written down the Good deeds and the Evil deeds, and then explained it [by saying] : Whosoever intended to perform a Good deed, but did not do it, then Allaah writes it down with Himself as a complete Good deed. And if he intended to perform it and then did perform it, then Allaah writes it down with Himself as from ten Good deeds upto seven hundred times, upto many times multiplied. And if he intended to perform an Evil deed, but did not do it, then Allaah writes it down with Him as a complete Good deed. And if he intended it [ie. the evil deed] and then performed it, then Allaah writes it down as one Evil deed.
It was related by al-Bukhaaree and Muslim in their two Saheehs in these words.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
i get that too, where raps i used to listen to just float around in the brain without my thinking about them, and i still do tend to say s**t when i drop something or forget something, or mess up.
still, the astaghfirullah is coming immediately after more and more frequently.
Stop listening to Eminem, nasheed ftw!1

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!