/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iraq war declared over..

User29123
12-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Salam,

BAGHDAD — The United States military officially declared an end to its mission in
In a fortified concrete courtyard at the airport in Baghdad, Defense SecretaryLeon E. Panetta thanked the more than one million American service members who have served in Iraq for “the remarkable progress” made over the past nine years but acknowledged the severe challenges that face the struggling democracy.“Let me be clear: Iraq will be tested in the days ahead — by terrorism, and by those who would seek to divide, by economic and social issues, by the demands of democracy itself,” Mr. Panetta said. “Challenges remain, but the U.S. will be there to stand by the Iraqi people as they navigate those challenges to build a stronger and more prosperous nation.”
They need to go to Iran now so getting out of here is a good idea.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/wo...-ceremony.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
12-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I dont believe a word these liars tell us. Its not over..They will still have troops in Iraq and military bases inside the country, my guess is they will use their bases in Iraq as a launching pad to attack Iran

If they do attack Iran, that's the end of civilization.
Cue World War

Darth Ultor
12-15-2011, 04:53 PM
... They say the war is over yet they're leaving private mercenaries there?

Abz2000
12-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Worse still those mercenaries are not bound by the already ignored rules of combat and the government isn't held responsible for their crimes, proving that they don't hold their own laws as sacred but see them as an obstacle.
May Allah curse them

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-15-2011, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
... They say the war is over yet they're leaving private mercenaries there?
Salaam,

Yes. The US government is aware that the public will not tolerate their own soldiers being killed. So they hire private mercenaries. I guess they did learn something from the Vietnam war.

islamica
12-15-2011, 07:46 PM
what war? The war lasted only first few months and it's been an occupation ever since. Seeing they have built an "embassy" with over 120 buildings, i doubt they will be leaving anytime soon.

Ramadhan
12-16-2011, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
I dont believe a word these liars tell us.
I agree.

US govt. asked Poland to send troops to Iraq (and Afghanistan) and promised poland economic benefits.
It turned out it was a lie. Poland never got any economic benefits and polish still need to obtain visa to enter USA even after their soldiers died on behalf of USA. Poland then withdrew their troops earlier than planned.

Tyrion
12-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Meh, I wish the Muslim countries would just unite and not take this bullying from other nations. (I'd even settle for just the Arab countries...)

But yeah, I'm curious to see what happens with Iran now...

ariginality
12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Where have you guys been? The war was over in 2003! when Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" lol

aadil77
12-16-2011, 12:47 PM
This war may be over, but zionists will start a war elsewhere - only way feed the american economy

truthseeker63
12-16-2011, 01:11 PM
The Iraq War was a bad thing and a mistake to began with Iraq was no threat to the United States.

Published on Saturday, July 20, 2002 in the Boston Globe
Is Iraq a
True Threat to the US?
by Scott
Ritter
http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0721-02.htm

Darth Ultor
12-16-2011, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
This war may be over, but zionists will start a war elsewhere - only way feed the american economy
Are you dumb? These wars have killed the American economy. Nobody can find work here.

Ramadhan
12-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Are you dumb? These wars have killed the American economy. Nobody can find work here.
Wars actually stimulate GDP of a country.
The US experienced growth during the wars it participated in, the highest was growth was during WWII.
The problem with US unemployment is not that its economy doesn't grow (it does), but because of inequalities and concentrated wealth, especially in the financial sector.
By securing Iraq, the US also secured the diversity of its energy sources suppliers, and hence push back inflation, stabilizing its economy.
What killed US economy is not wars, but financial crises (too much derivatives trading, too much leverage).

جوري
12-16-2011, 03:42 PM
'tis true.. wars make warmongers rich while throwing the common man into abject poverty.. of course look at what they've done to Iraq.. still they didn't gain control over the gas line running through Afghanistan nor the Iraqi oil although they've managed to nip in the bud Saddam's plan of using the Euro as the rate for exchange... they'll never quit their quest for greed & swallowing up the wealth of nations aided by despots whom they pretend to side with the people to overthrow but in reality want the exact same governance perhaps with a new fresh face.. What a snowy day in hell would it be if the Jordanians protested their british boy king as well..

we shall wait and see for they too are in waiting..

:w:

GuestFellow
12-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Salaam,

You should not call other members dumb. It's rude.

Darth Ultor
12-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Okay, I apologize. But it was not a well thought out statement. America's economy has been all but killed because of these wars.

جوري
12-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Okay, I apologize.
I like that you did that..
Warmongers aren't usually interested in the welfare of those inside or out, as evinced by the fact that they're dumping their own 'hero soldiers' in landfills ... It is disturbing that anyone would willingly consciously and freely enlist to engage in these illegal wars, but the rich have certainly gotten richer off it. The economy doesn't affect them one bit and in fact they play with the economy its troughs and peaks. I am not an economist but it is easy to see how it can be easily manipulated, the same way people are manipulated to dehumanize others overseas and kill them for thrill!

Beardo
12-16-2011, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Salam,

They need to go to Iran now so getting out of here is a good idea.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/wo...-ceremony.html
I think it was Congresswoman Bachman that suggested US to go to Iran next. Infuriated me, but the other candidate told her, "How are we going to invade another country? We're already bankrupt!"

Aprender
12-16-2011, 07:24 PM
I really do hope the US stays out of Iran...already invaded Uganda a while ago too with a small amount of "troops" to fight some Christian extremists or so they say...this is getting ridiculous.

And then of course we have now lost some our constitutional rights, the 5th and 6th amendment...with the approval of that new National Defense Authorization Act. That's really unfortunate...

Nate
12-16-2011, 07:32 PM
every American war or action this century has been about money, Im glad I got out of the army 8-8-11, I see it as we are seen as a bully in the world, if there is something out side the country our gov will interfere, but as far in country the Gov is doing everything to to drop the classes and bankrupt the states, so everyone is dependent off the Gov, people here are getting in trouble for collecting rain water LOL

as far as Iraq, yea its all hype there was no war its a invasion, troops started leaving but there will alway be a base there, once we go into a country were like VD you cant get rid of us. ;D

are time is coming, but it will be by our own hands

I always found it strange how everyone thinks 9/11 gave us the right to go into the Iraq.

Abz2000
12-17-2011, 12:39 AM
^ that's the exact mentality in real life:

alpharius
12-17-2011, 06:27 AM
The Iraq war will continue, if only because it is the Iran Iraq war moved West 200 kilometers

ariginality
12-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Okay, I apologize. But it was not a well thought out statement. America's economy has been all but killed because of these wars.
I will refrain from name calling. But it's funny to think that there are people so naive to believe that the rich don't get richer off of wars. This has been a long, well-known fact. The economy fell off because of 9/11. Not because of the Iraqi war or the Afghani war. Those wars sell weapons, create jobs for Americans and more than open the door for overseas American contractors to pull in the dollars. Republicans = "small goverment"(low taxes so the rich can stay richer)+ war+Hardcore Christian right. Democrats= diplomatic resolutions+big government (distributing the wealth)+ Minorities (Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, etc)I've known that since I was 5, before I knew which side I was on. Alhomduleh I know enough to not support either.

So let's evalutate. Bush= Republican... oh ya that's why we got in way over our head and the rich got richer... Rich got richer? *check mark*, war? *check mark*, Hardcore Christian right? *checkmark*
No, seriously though... who's the dumb one?

Abz2000
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
^ i respectfully disagree, it creates money for the rich, but the poor have to pay for it.
the "jobs" they create aren't real productivity, they get to borrow more from the bankers on interest to fund them, then the people pay back the capital + interest.
most of those weapons, reconstruction and oil companies are multi-national and have offshore accounts. and on top of that, the oil prices shot up as a result of the wars.

ariginality
12-21-2011, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
^ i respectfully disagree, it creates money for the rich, but the poor have to pay for it.
the "jobs" they create aren't real productivity, they get to borrow more from the bankers on interest to fund them, then the people pay back the capital + interest.
most of those weapons, reconstruction and oil companies are multi-national and have offshore accounts. and on top of that, the oil prices shot up as a result of the wars.
So now the banks don't qualify as being part of the "rich getting richer", the reconstruction and oil companies? just because you don't see the income doesn't mean the top 1% aren't licking their chops. Who cares about the poor anyways? half of them vote republican;D

جوري
12-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Let me tell you about how un-over this war is. America has played a very dirty game as usual and I only hope the Iraqis are on to them. The 'president' is shiites. and so shiites are dispersed in the midst, the kurds now divided, they're not 'Arabs' they feel very nationalistic save those whom God has shown the way and America has been killing those to make sure that the differences are front and center even though they're Sunnis. The vice president now a man 'accused' the minute America leaves oh how terrible as if they're not behind the game played, a sectarian war is soon to break out, of course Iran will come help their shiite buddies, it will be sunnis against Shiites, the gulf league want an already wounded Egypt to join in so when the time comes for the war they'll be the first casualties as always and America will have taken care of all its problems all at once, specifically the alleged problem with Iran, the Arab nations will have at it with each other, any attempt for an Islamic state, forget it now, while of course America loots as it always does..

Google fascism in the U.S and look at the major financial gains they make during wars. So it is a win win situation for them.. loss of people they want to kill or imprison one way or the other, looting, bases, oil ruining the infrastructure, getting rid of the Iran problem for the colonial settler cockroach state, nipping an already fatigued movement in the bud to ensure no Islamic state comes out of that region..

I am not a strategist by any means but I would like to know where our strategists are in the Muslim world? our shyookhs are busy discussing women car driving and women's dress code and have left the one thing that actually matters to save this ummah.. Seems futile to me to discuss a dress code or who to drive whom where when our sisters are either begging or prostituting themselves to feed their orphaned kids.. Won't this ummah wake up? Kaffirs are working for the taghut why are we following them in their liege? We can't have an independent thought? no because we're peaceful and Islam means peace or else?
Already Allah swt told us in the noble book:

l

And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper.

Sahih International
O you who have believed, do not take as intimates those other than yourselves, for they will not spare you [any] ruin. They wish you would have hardship. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater. We have certainly made clear to you the signs, if you will use reason.

3:119 to top

Sahih International
Here you are loving them but they are not loving you, while you believe in the Scripture - all of it. And when they meet you, they say, "We believe." But when they are alone, they bite their fingertips at you in rage. Say, "Die in your rage. Indeed, Allah is Knowing of that within the breasts."

3:120 to top

Sahih International
If good touches you, it distresses them; but if harm strikes you, they rejoice at it. And if you are patient and fear Allah , their plot will not harm you at all. Indeed, Allah is encompassing of what they do.

Do these so-called leaders not read the book of God anymore or at all?

sob7an Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!