/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mercy killing

Darth Ultor
12-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Is mercy killing allowed in Islam? Like if you are a doctor and you have a patient dying of an incurable disease. If the patient asks you to let them die, can the doctor assist the patient?

Another situation, say you're in war and a friend gets fatally wounded in battle. Would you be allowed to shoot him to take away his pain?

I'd like an Islamic perspective so please use Islamic sources.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-16-2011, 02:20 AM
No it isn't allowed.
the situation with animals is different though (I can't give fatwa on that one since I don't know) but Euthanasia is an absolute NO! in terms of humans..
also your job as a physician is to alleviate pain, fix what you can, not kill.. when God wants them he takes them it isn't your job.. Euthanasia is only legal in Oregon as far as I last checked.. may change in the near future but I want no part of that!

Marina-Aisha
12-16-2011, 01:18 PM
i dont think thats allowed in any religion, think bout it ur still killing them they maybe in pain...but its still wrong. only god has the power to take life.

sister herb
12-16-2011, 03:03 PM
No, absolutely no for killing by islam. I think also abortion is forbid by same reason.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
12-17-2011, 04:11 AM
sadly history has a way of repeating and we again see people choosing to abort baby girls mainly:

When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned - For what crime she was killed;

Quran 81:7-9

even if you're in the middle of a battle and your intestines are torn out, you cannot commit suicide unless it's by trying to chop the legs off the enemy and getting killed in the process.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!