/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lessons from Hadeeth – Those you love

Abu Muslim
12-16-2011, 04:25 PM
taken from Dhikrullah Blog

Lessons from Hadeeth – Those you love

Filed under: Dhikrullah Reminder — Tags: day of judgement, messenger, sahabah | December 13, 2011

Anas bin Malik (radiAllaahu anhu) reported that a person came to Allah’s Messenger (salAllaahu alayhi wa salam) and said to Allah’s Messenger: When would be the Last Hour? Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: What preparation have you made for the Last Hour? He said: The love of Allah and of His Messenger (is my only preparation). Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: You would be along with one whom you love. Anas said: Nothing pleased us more after accepting Islam than the words of Allah’s Apostle: You would be along with one whom you love. And Anas said: I love Allah and His Messenger and Abu Bakr and Umar, and I hope that I would be along with them although I have not acted like them.

• Only Allaah knows when the day of Judgement is. “Verily, Allah! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour” [Rum 31:34]
  • The death of the Prophet (salAllaahu alayhi wa salam) is a sign of the Day of Judgement
  • The Prophet (salAllaahu alayhi wa salam) did not mention the time when he answered the question, but asked what the person had prepared for it
  • One can prepare for it by increasing in his knowledge and performing righteous actions right up until death overtakes them.
  • Allaah (subhanahu wa ta’la) says: “And make provision for yourselves; the best provision is taqwa” [Baqarah 2:197]
  • Loving Allaah comes first, then His Messenger (salAllaahu alayhi wa salam), then his companions
  • Muslims should hope to meet their beloved ones and their families in the hereafter. “And those who believed and whose descendants followed them in faith – We will join with them their descendants, and We will not deprive them of anything of their deeds. Every person, for what he earned, is retained.” [Tur 52:21]

Saheeh Muslim, Book 32, no. 6380

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!