/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Need source of story of lady who threw garbage at muhammad(saw),or is it fake?

abdullah_7
12-16-2011, 04:44 PM
I was debating a non muslim when i mentioned to him the character of the prophet (saw) through the story of the lady who used to throw garbage at the prophet (saw) everyday, until the lady fell in, after which the prophet asked about why she isnt throwing garbage any more. When he found she was ill , hervisited her.

He asked for the source saying its fake an am lying, but i can not find source. I only can find the full story on ahamadiyyah website, which also does not give source !!!

I also asked my huzur/imam, who first told me the story during jamaat, he told me his teacher told him the story and he read it in seerah book, but did not tell me hadith or seerah book. please help !!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
12-16-2011, 11:36 PM
i've heard it before too, been looking for a source but everyone seems to post it with no source given, seems dodgy at first glance.

i found this:
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?250768-Fake-story-about-the-prophet-Muhammad-that-has-become-famous-(bahai-faith-exposed)

http://muslimvillage.com/forums/topic/58467-old-woman-throwing-rubbish/

i
read in Sahih Muslim that the Prophet pbuh said:
whoever invents a lie about me, let him reserve his seat in hell.

making up nice stories about the Prophet pbuh only works to discredit him.
i myself have been guilty in the past of repeating baseless stories which i read in story books,
astaghfirullah, may Allah make us firm on the truth even if it is only one word.

Seest thou not how Allah sets forth a parable? - A goodly word like a goodly tree, whose root is firmly fixed, and its branches (reach) to the heavens,
It brings forth its fruit at all times, by the leave of its Lord. So Allah sets forth parables for men, in order that they may receive admonition.
And the parable of an evil Word is that of an evil tree: It is torn up by the root from the surface of the earth: it has no stability.
Allah will establish in strength those who believe, with the word that stands firm, in this world and in the Hereafter;
but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth.

Hast thou not turned thy vision to those who have changed the favour of Allah into blasphemy and caused their people to descend to the House of Perdition?-
Into Hell? They will burn therein,- an evil place to stay in!
And they set up (idols) as equal to Allah, to mislead (men) from the Path!
Say: "Enjoy (your brief power)! But verily ye are making straightway for Hell!"

Quran 14:24-30

Hamza Asadullah
12-19-2011, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdullah_7
I was debating a non muslim when i mentioned to him the character of the prophet (saw) through the story of the lady who used to throw garbage at the prophet (saw) everyday, until the lady fell in, after which the prophet asked about why she isnt throwing garbage any more. When he found she was ill , hervisited her.

He asked for the source saying its fake an am lying, but i can not find source. I only can find the full story on ahamadiyyah website, which also does not give source !!!

I also asked my huzur/imam, who first told me the story during jamaat, he told me his teacher told him the story and he read it in seerah book, but did not tell me hadith or seerah book. please help !!!
Asalaamu Alaikum, yes a lot of us have heard of such a story in the life of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). I will try to look into it more but i think it is found in the seerah of the Prophet(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and not in hadith.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Predator
12-19-2011, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdullah_7

You shouldnt go to Ahmediyya sites. Ahmediyya is a deviant Cult and they beleive that the last Prophet is Mirza Ghulam Ahmed and that Jesus(PBUH) died and will not be coming back.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!