/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this a sign of fluctuating Eeman? Can someone please help and advice me?

dornakash
12-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Salaam all,i need advice on something regarding Eeman.The thing is,the past month,i often listened to Qur'an,even memorized a Surah,practised my writing,did dhikr,made quite alot of duas,and everything else.I felt really calm and nice and at ease for that period of time....and then suddenly i feel like i lost it all.I only do my obligatory prayers and that's it.I've been feeling very uneasy and not at peace and i just wish i can go back to how i was.Is this the whole increasing/decreasing of Eeman thing which i see people talk about?I know it's possible to go back to the way i was.I think it's just the shaytaan keeping me away.How do i get back to that way that i was? This is really bothering me.I want to be closer to Allah(swt) again..it really gives me a good feeling.I was always happy with everything and i was a nicer and better person.Also,when i see people with knowledge of Islam and the Qur'an more than i do,i feel very insecure about myself.I feel like i'll never measure up and i'm not good enough and i can't ever be that pious.I always feel like i haven't done "enough".I really want to make my way to Jannah.However,another thought overwhelms me,that Allah(SWT) puts us through this test and that he gives us things that we can handle and that with Him everything is possible. :)

Thank you in advance and May Allah (SWT) bless all of you :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
12-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Yes this is normal, even the companions would suffer from it, when they were with the prophet (saw) their emaan would go really high but when they returned to their lifes it would go lower.

Every believer suffers from weak or low emaan once in a while; as the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said, “Emaan wears out in one’s heart, just as the dress wears out (becomes thin). Therefore, ask Allah to renew emaan in your hearts.” [Mustadrak Al Hakim, Authentic]

Low emaan can easily plunge one into sorrow and despair, as emaan is a safeguard from this. When one suffers from low emaan, it paralyzes one from doing good deeds and removes the productivity in one’s life and worship. One of the beautiful aspects in our deen is that Allah and His Messenger have prescribed actions for us when we are suffering from weak emaan and sorrow, and one of the most potent cures is duaa.

This week’s supplications include two duaas that everyone should memorize to help you during these times of low emaan, sadness, and times of distress.

First Supplication

The first duaa was narrated by the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) in Saheeh Bukhari. It is narrated in many ahadeeth that the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) would consistently make this duaa, and many of the Companions heard him repeat it over and over.

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْهَمِّ وَالْحُزْنِ وَالْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَضَلَعِ الدَّيْنِ وَغَلَبَةِ الرِّجَالِ

Allahumma inni a’udhu bika minal-hammi wal-Ḥuzni wal-’ajazi wal-kasli wal-bukhli wal-jubni wa ḍala’id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijal.

O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being overpowered by men.

http://muslimmatters.org/2010/02/10/...and-anxiety-2/

Abz2000
12-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Hanzala Usayyidi, who was amongst the scribes of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). reported:
I met Abu Bakr. He asked: Who are you? He (Hanzala) said: Hanzala has turned to be a hypocrite. He (Abu Bakr) said: Hallowed be Allah, what are you saying?
Thereupon he said: I say that when we are in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) we ponder over Hell-Fire and Paradise as if we are seeing them with our very eyes
and when we are away from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) we attend to our wives, our children, our business; most of these things (pertaining to After-life) slip out of our minds.
Abu Bakr said: By Allah, I also experience the same.
So I and Abu Bakr went to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said to him: Allah's Messenger, Hanzala has turned to be a hypocrite.
Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: What has happened to you?
I said: Allah's Messenger, when we are in your company, we are reminded of Hell-Fire and Paradise as if we are seeing them with our own eyes,
but whenever we go away from you and attend to our wives, children and business, much of these things go out of our minds.
Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:
By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if your state of mind remains the same as it is in my presence and you are always busy in remembrance (of Allah), the Angels will shake hands with you in your beds and in your paths
but, Hanzala, time should be devoted (to the worldly affairs) and time (should be devoted to prayer and meditation). He (the Holy Prophet) said this thrice.

Sahih Muslim 6623

Flame of Hope
12-18-2011, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dornakash
Also,when i see people with knowledge of Islam and the Qur'an more than i do,i feel very insecure about myself.I feel like i'll never measure up and i'm not good enough and i can't ever be that pious.I always feel like i haven't done "enough".
:sl:

To feel insecure....

That you will never measure up....

Feeling that you are not good enough.... or pious...

That you haven't done enough....

I would say: ALHAMDULILLAHIR RABBIL AL AMEEN!!

It is better for you to be this way than to have much knowledge, be punctual and devoted in performing all your religious acts of worship... and then growing complacent, self-satisfied and proud of your achievements.

The one who feels secure is doomed.

"The sin which makes you sad and repentant is more liked by Allah than the good deed which turns you arrogant". - Ali ibn Abi Talib

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
12-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Salam

Actually I have the same problem, I feel I'm just praying and doing nothing.
Now I also got lazy waking up for fajr with winter temperature of 5deg. Celcius

Really bad :( :( :(

tigerkhan
12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
:sl:
keep striving. bcz sometime we are worshiping God bcz we got pleasure in it. in that case our worship in not for god but for that pleasure. so Momeneen should worship god in every situation whether they got pleasure in it or not. this will pull u out of ur nafs and its purify ur intention and u will get ikhlas in ur worship.
:wa:

tango92
12-20-2011, 02:59 PM
dont resign yourself to accepting your iman will just yo yo overtime. fight to hold on to it, this life is a test after all. it wouldnt be much of a test if our iman was on a high with no effort on our part.

i recommend you read some books like the 'book of iman' by ibn taymiyyah. sorry i couldnt find a link for you.

the best advice you can seek is from the quran itself. - who better an adviser than Allah? make the intention that you wish Allah to guide you to the right pathways, and be prepared to follow them when guidance comes. and be patient... perhaps Allah swt chooses to guide you after he tests your patience.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!