/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving Dawah

Huzzy_786
12-16-2011, 08:33 PM
:sl:

Alright, Basic I am a student of knowledge, I am still young and learning about islam, would it be okay to give dawah? (If it helps, I am 15)

I don’t know if its jealousy or shataan in them but they are telling me not to give dawah, one of their main reasons is because 'I am to young' or 'I don’t have enough knowledge to give dawah' .

Are there any laws which say that I shouldn't be giving dawah? In today generation the youth of today are mostly used to the internet, they are stuck on it, its like there best friends, the only way to get your message across would be the internet, so is it wrong for me to give dawah on the internet?

Please mention proof from hadith if possible and quraan ayats..

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-16-2011, 09:27 PM
How about giving da3wa to other Muslims insha'Allah? Sometimes it is best to start this way, you'd be surprised how many Muslims know very little about Islam and as you grow and perfect your ways you can extend that to others. May Allah swt reward you for your excellent intentions..

:w:

ardianto
12-17-2011, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Alright, Basic I am a student of knowledge, I am still young and learning about islam, would it be okay to give dawah? (If it helps, I am 15)
Assalamualaikum, young brother.

Never too young and never too old to give da'wah.

so is it wrong for me to give dawah on the internet?
Depend on da'wah like what. If you give da'wah like da'i or shaykh in the real world, I will say, not for this time.

You can give da'wah like them on internet if you have meet these criteria:

- You have capacity as Islamic teacher.
- You are active in da'wah in the real world.
- You have capability to issue a fatwa.

If you have meet these criteria, you can give da'wah in this condition :

- You have your own website with clear information about who are you, and people know where they can find/meet you.

I give an example, IslamQA. This is an Islamic site that owned by Shaykh Salih Al-Munajid. He is a real person who has meet those criteria, of course, and people know where they can find/meet him.

I have written about "Ahlul website wal internet" in a post in another thread. This is refer to some Muslims on internet who have lack of Islamic knowledge but regard themselves have capacity as ulama. many of them give da'wah on internet. and instead guide the people, they cause confusion among Muslims who read their blogs.

Young brother, maybe your Islamic knowledge is higher than mine. But let me honest, your Islamic knowledge is not enough (at least in this time) to give da'wah like Islamic teacher.

But don't worry. There are some kinds or level of da'wah. If you tell your Muslim friends "Don't miss salah", it's also da'wah. You can start your da'wah with simple da'wah like this, and then step by step you increase your Islamic knowledge and raise your da'wah level.

The most important thing that you must always remember in da'wah is, do not talk about a matter that you are not really understand.

May Allah give you easiness in da'wah.

:)

Huzzy_786
12-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Jazakallah brother! You helped me a lot! Jazakallah...

I'll be honest, I've been studing islam for the past 2-3 years... and I when I listen to talks online/local masjids, I feel I barely know anything.

Others have also made the point, that I should give dawah because I might make a 'mistake' etc... What do you say?

Arent we all humans after all? When we pray salah, there may be errors, and thats where rulings of sajdah sawah comes in. If we were all perfect then that ruling shouldnt be in the fiqh books... however allah knows that were humans so we can make mistakes... Allah doesnt say, if you cant pray salah perfectly dont pray, does he?

I hope you understand.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
12-20-2011, 03:08 PM
salaam bro, the best advice i can give you is - TRY IT FIRST

then come back and tell us how it went - a wise man once said: (and i dont quote lol)

___sucessful people are those who try something - then if it doesnt work they try something else___

so yh, try it out on a non muslim (erm male) you may be freindly with. also remember not to force your views, treat him as an individual - but try to steer the conversation the way you want by asking the right questions.

Flame of Hope
12-20-2011, 05:28 PM
:sl:

Age is not a factor in determining whether one can give dawah or not.

But what IS a factor is REACHING the level that is required.

The following excerpt may be helpful in making this clear. It speaks about enjoining the good and forbidding the evil..... and that's what dawah is all about, isn't it?

Begin with Yourself

A man went to Ibn ‘Abbas radiAllaahu ‘anhu and said, “O Ibn ‘Abbas, I want to enjoin people to do good and forbid them from doing evil.” Ibn ‘Abbas said, “And have you reached that level?” He said, “I hope that that is so.” He said, “If you do not fear to be exposed by three verses of Allah’s Book, then do so.” The man asked, “And what are they?” He mentioned this verse:

Enjoin you Al-Birr (piety and righteousness and each and every act of obedience to Allâh) on the people and you forget (to practise it) yourselves.”(Baqarah 2:44)

And then asked, “Have you applied the implications of this verse?” He said, “No.” Ibn ‘Abbas then mentioned the second verse:

O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do? Most hateful it is with Allâh that you say that which you do not do. (As-Saff 61:2-3)

After that he asked, “Have you applied the implications of this verse?” He said, “No.” He then mentioned the third verse regarding Shu’aib alayhi salaam:

“I wish not, in contradiction to you, to do that which I forbid you.” (Hud 11:88)

And then he asked, “Have you applied the implications of this verse? He said, “No.” Ibn ‘Abbas said, “Then begin with yourself.”

Transcribed from: Gems and Jewels | Compiled by: Abdul-Malik Mujahid | DarusSalam

Insaanah
12-20-2011, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Please mention proof from hadith if possible and quraan ayats..

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and reason with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided. (Qur'an 16:25)

عن عبد الله بن عمرو رضي الله عنهما أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: بلغوا عني ولو آية

Abdullah bin 'Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet :saws: said: “Convey from me even if one ayah (verse), for it may be that the one being informed will comprehend better that the one listening (at present).” (Al-Bukhari, 3461)

So, even if you tell people what you believe, especially as it's coming up to Christmas, and say if Christmas was being discussed, you could say that you don't celebrate Christmas as you don't believe that God begot a son, and that you believe that He is One in every sense, no sons, daughters, parents, siblings, cousins, no trinity, purely One without any sharers or associates in His exclusive Divinity. That way you have conveyed the first and third ayaat of Surah al-Ikhlaas:

Say: He is Allah, the One! (112:1)

He begets not, nor is He begotten. (112:3)

You don't need to talk about other's religions to start off with, just mention what you believe in, as you don't know that someone won't get guidance from something as simple as that.

Then as you gradually become more comfortable, then you can expand.

May Allah make it easy for you and for us all to convey the message of Truth, the message of His beautiful deen, ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!