/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani girl sets new world record in O levels

islamica
12-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Pakistani girl sets new world record in O levels

Suhail Yusuf - December 13, 2011

KARACHI: A Pakistani girl has become the youngest student in the world to have passed the British Ordinary Level (O’Level) examination.

Sitara Brooj Akbar, at the age of 11, passed six O’level subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

In addition to this honour, Sitara also holds the title of being the youngest Pakistani candidate of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and successfully attained seven bands out of nine, scoring 7.5 in the testing system.

The little genius from Chiniot (Punjab) has been making headlines across local media but is yet to receive any recognition from the Government of Pakistan.

“We don’t need any sort of monetary aid from the government, we just want the government to recognise that Sitara has made a shining example for Pakistan on the international stage and she is the daughter of Pakistan,” Sitara’s father Ali Akbar told Dawn.com.

Ali Akbar added that the British Council has declared and recognised Sitara’s feat as the world’s youngest student to have passed O’level exams. However, she has only been declared the youngest IELTS candidate in Pakistan, and not across the world, as the British Council is yet to confirm her feat globally.

Speaking to Dawn.com, Sitara’s mother mentioned that her daughter is a great fan of Dr Abdus Salam, Pakistan’s sole Nobel laurete and aims to become a top researcher in the field of biochemistry.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/12/13/pakis...-o-levels.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
12-17-2011, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
In addition to this honour, Sitara also holds the title of being the youngest Pakistani candidate of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and successfully attained seven bands out of nine, scoring 7.5 in the testing system.
Oh wow.
I only got 6.5 in IELTS when I was 17 :D

Galaxy
12-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Masha Allah, smart little girl:statisfie

GuestFellow
12-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Congratulations.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
إحسان
12-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh WOW Masha Allahh! What a clever girl. And here I am struggling with my Mathematics, Economics, History and English Lit A levels. LOL. And I've heard O Levels are much harder. Her parents must feel so proud of her!!! :statisfie

But she's SO young. I'd understand if she were 14/15 but 11?! At 11 I was busy playing with my dolls! Oh well, if she's got the intelligence there's no point wasting time I guess. :statisfie wish her the best of luck!!

islamica
12-17-2011, 11:39 PM
I recall last time it was a teen pakistani boy who had topped on these scores. It seems the british can't even top their own tests while 11 year old from "third world countries" whose first language isn't even English breaking records like it's child's play.

As for the thread hijacking trolls, please take your third rate arguments about useless things else where.

Muezzin
12-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Please stay on topic and avoid feeding trolls.

tigerkhan
12-23-2011, 08:04 AM
she is so cute and innocent girl. i had seen her interview. mashallah so smart that many school refuse to admit her in higher classes bcz of young age. they dont let her give local exam so she gave IELTS and O level and got wonderfull results.

Al-Mufarridun
12-23-2011, 09:28 AM
:sl: Masha'Allah

ardianto
12-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Dil dil Pakistaaan ..... Jaa'n jaa'n Pakistaaan ..... Dil dil Pakistaaan ..... Jaa'n jaa'n Pakistaaan

Without offend, I hope she would always have the heart and soul of Pakistan. I mean, in the future she does not move to UK, but stay in Pakistan and use her intelligence and knowledge to build Pakistan.

:)

tigerkhan
12-25-2011, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Dil dil Pakistaaan ..... Jaa'n jaa'n Pakistaaan ..... Dil dil Pakistaaan ..... Jaa'n jaa'n Pakistaaan
LOL

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Without offend, I hope she would always have the heart and soul of Pakistan. I mean, in the future she does not move to UK, but stay in Pakistan and use her intelligence and knowledge to build Pakistan.
i wish so but......

ardianto
12-25-2011, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
LOL
Let me out of topic for a moment.

I found Dil Dil Pakistan video when I surfed on youtube. There's something that attracted my attention, the vocalist. He's handsome.

Then I tried to find more information about Vital Signs, and I was so surprised when I knew, that vocalist was young Junaid Jamshed.

tigerkhan
12-25-2011, 03:18 PM
:sl:
yes.. Junaid Jamsheed was a popular singer with many hit songs...alhumdulaih he left singing when introduced to dawat tableegh.
i hope u also like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3LvdwOJuU8.
it v.touching and related to diffrence in his past and present lifestyle.

ardianto
12-25-2011, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
yes.. Junaid Jamsheed was a popular singer with many hit songs...alhumdulaih he left singing when introduced to dawat tableegh.
i hope u also like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3LvdwOJuU8.
it v.touching and related to diffrence in his past and present lifestyle.
Assalamualaikum.

Jazak Allah Khayr for the video, I like his nasheed. I have know Junaid Jamsheed before I found Dil Dil Pakistan video. That's why I was so surprised when I knew, that's him. SubhaAllah, how could he got a hidayah like this ?.

I found Dil Dil Pakistan video several months ago not because I was looking for music videos. I am not a music listener. But discuss with people here made me have an interest to learn about Pakistani people. I have seen many videos about Pakistani, like wedding tradition, Pakistani funny videos, politic, life in Pakistani cities, and many more, before I found that Vital Signs videos.

Honestly, there are many things about Pakistan and its people which I want to ask. But not in this thread of course.

Okay, it's better if we back to the topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!