/* */

PDA

View Full Version : India's Deadly Secret - 40 million girls killed

islamica
12-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Disappearing Daughters: Women Pregnant With Girls Pressured Into Abortions

By ALAN B. GOLDBERG and SEAN DOOLEY - Dec. 9, 2011

It is a country with a female president and where men revere female goddesses. And yet, India is far from a haven for women.

According to current estimates, Indian men outnumber women by nearly 40 million. That startling gender gap, activists say, is the result of gendercide. Nearly 50,000 female fetuses are aborted every month and untold numbers of baby girls are abandoned or murdered.

"It's the obliteration of a whole class, race, of human beings. It's half the population of India ," said women's rights activist Ruchira Gupta of Apne Aap Women Worldwide.

Why is there such deadly discrimination against girls? Part of the answer is money. Girls are a financial burden to their parents, who must pay expensive dowries to marry them off. The dowry is a cultural tradition and the single biggest reason Indians prefer boys.

When an Indian woman gives birth to a baby boy, it is an occasion for jubilation, said women's rights activist Gita Aravamudan, author of the book, "Disappearing Daughters."

A boy's birth is greeted "with great joy because he's going to bring in the moolah," Aravamudan said. "He's going to be the person who gets married to a girl who's bringing in the money."

The reaction can be far different when a baby girl is born, especially when a family has more than one daughter and must face a future of having to pay more than one dowry.

"Amounts of dowry have become higher and higher, and families can get into huge debt bondage just to be able to pay the dowry to get a daughter married," Gupta said.

If a woman's family fails to pay a dowry, she might be beaten, tortured or even burned to death.

"We put very little value to girls and to women," Gupta said. "So they're always in danger from birth to death."

The high rate of female fetus abortions can be traced partly to the proliferation of clinics offering ultrasounds. It is a crime in India to use an ultrasound to determine the sex of a child and it is also illegal to perform an abortion based on gender, but the laws are rarely enforced.

Aravamudan said that the Indian issue of gendercide is unrelated to the American debate on abortion.

"This is not about pro-life or pro-choice," Aravamudan said. "This is about pro-women, anti-women. I'm not against abortion. This is a crime against women and I am against that."

Last July, in a effort to expose doctors breaking the laws, two activists with a hidden camera, posing as a husband and his five-months-pregnant wife, walked into an ultrasound clinic to hear their test results. The doctor didn't mince words, immediately breaking the law to tell the couple the gender of the fetus.

"It is not a good report as it is a girl child," he said.

He recommended the fetus be aborted and offered the woman an illegal injection to induce a miscarriage for 60,000 to 70,000 rupees -- between $1,100 and $1,300.

After activists submitted the sting video to authorities, the clinic was shut down, the equipment was sealed and two doctors there face possible charges. But stings like that one rarely lead to convictions.

"The very people who have to implement the law -- the police and the judiciary -- also believe that having too many girls is a burden on the family," Gupta said. "They never implement the laws because they believe in the same thing, and sometimes actually do the same thing."

In an interview with "20/20" this summer, India's then-secretary of health and family welfare, Dr. K. Chandramaouli, admitted that more needs to be done to enforce the laws intended to prevent gendercide. "Probably, we've not been aggressive enough," Chandramaouli said.

Allah says: "...kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them..." Quran [6:151]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
12-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Al Qur'an is as relevant now as it was 1,400 years ago:

And do not kill your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Indeed, their killing is ever a great sin.
(QS. 17:31)

جوري
12-17-2011, 04:03 AM
I read this thread and I cried.. cried for friends who have paid all their life savings on fertility treatments to have one child & weren't blessed, those who have no companions and no children and those who lose their children to cancer or other diseases.. Sob7an Allah, this is what they do to their gift from Allah..
I feel sick and disgusted and I see sickening & disgusting things on daily basis that I should be desensitized yet I never am.

جوري
12-17-2011, 04:04 AM
P.S why are the girls paying the dowry? is this reverse role play?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
12-17-2011, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
P.S why are the girls paying the dowry? is this reverse role play?
In India, it's always a dowry system, not bridewealth. This is because to have your daughter married is considered a privilege compared to a man.

جوري
12-17-2011, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

In India, it's always a dowry system, not bridewealth. This is because to have your daughter married is considered a privilege compared to a man.
with 40 mil more men than women how exactly is it a privilege?

Ramadhan
12-17-2011, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
with 40 mil more men than women how exactly is it a privilege?
I think it's because of the hindu culture.

جوري
12-17-2011, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

I think it's because of the hindu culture.
what an odd ideology and what beliefs .. sob7an Allah they remind me of the days of jahylya exactly.. taking female god, despising females and burying them alive..

Abz2000
12-17-2011, 04:30 AM
they do their best to kill them, and if they do happen to come out alive, they reluctantly try to save them, or just leave them to die.
how many 9/11s are taking place every day in just Amerika alone?

Stanek has been working to institute such provisions since, as a nurse, she discovered an abortion-surviving infant alive,
but relegated to a closet shelf where the child was left to die......
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=72511

When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned - For what crime she was killed;
Quran 81:8-9

جوري
12-17-2011, 04:53 AM
^^ there are a few verses against female infanticide but that's the one that one often thinks of first..I really just cant imagine anyone doing that.. yet people kill infants all the time, why not just give them up to people who have no children? I don't get why they've to resort to murder? I fear walhi worst things like them being used for body parts before left for dead or something my mind just plays all sort of horrible scenarios..

Abz2000
12-17-2011, 05:39 AM
even worse, the clinics chase away people waiting outside offering to adopt,

only watch this one if you don't feel sick to easily, this is the type of pic it contains:

Ramadhan
12-17-2011, 06:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
even worse, the clinics chase away people waiting outside offering to adopt,
That is the craziest thing I've heard!

Abz2000
12-17-2011, 06:04 AM
harms "business"

also check this: some of them are "charities" supported by people like bill gates, who believes:
“You know I thought it was.before I learned about it, I thought it was paradoxical. Well if you improve health, aren’t you just dooming people to deal with such a lack of resources where they won’t be educated or they won’t have enough food?.....

maybe he had pc's on his mind too, as you would normally have food in your stomach before you bough a pc.
his dad was head of planned parenthood,
Planned Parenthood is the largest provider of abortions in the U.S. In 2009, Planned Parenthood performed 332278 abortions.

apple is no better, the co-founder was a staunch mason who sold his first apple for $666.

ardianto
12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
One day I and my wife came to an event. There, we saw some cute little girls. My wife whispered on my ear "If we have a daughter ...".

I knew, what was in her heart. Yes, she wants to have daughter since before she was in her first pregnancy. But Allah give us two sons. We accept what Allah has given to us and we love our sons so much. But sometime my wife look sad when she saw a little girl. I understand her feeling, I understand.

In a place, there are people who want to have daughter. In another place they kill their daughters because they never want to have female kids.

Yaaahh, that's a sad reality in life.

Riana17
12-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah I knew this one I've seen it in BBC year ago, and we should not forget it was the same thing in Arab country then our Holy Prophet came, alhamdollellah

India and China are changing now, they realize what shortage of women they have now and that women are their mothers, sisters, and future wives, without women no more natural generations to come.

Abz2000
12-18-2011, 03:40 AM

Check this out:

The one-child policy is challenged in principle and in practice for violating a human right to determine the size of one's own family.
A 2001 report exposed that a quota of 20,000 abortions and sterilizations was set for Huaiji County in Guangdong Province in one year due to reported disregard of the one-child policy.
The effort included using portable ultrasound devices to identify abortion candidates in remote villages.
Earlier reports also show that women as far along as 8.5 months pregnant were forced to abort by injection of saline solution.
There have also been reports of women, in their 9th month of pregnancy or already in labour, having their children killed whilst in the birth canal or immediately after birth.
In 2002, China outlawed the use of physical force to make a woman submit to an abortion or sterilization, but it is not entirely enforced.
In the execution of the policy, many local governments still demand abortions if the pregnancy violates local regulations.
(If the central government is giving quotas and punishing the local governments via funding cuts, i can't be the central government's fault.......can it???)
Although China has had a reputation for heavy-handed eugenics policies as part of its population planning policies, the government has backed away from such policies recently, as evidenced by China's ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which compels the nation to significantly reform its genetic testing laws.
Recent scholarship has also emphasized the necessity of understanding a myriad of complex social relations that affect the meaning of informed consent in China.
Furthermore, in 2003, China revised its marriage registration regulations and couples no longer have to submit to a pre-marital physical or genetic examination before being granted a marriage license.
The United Nations Population Fund's (UNFPA) funding for this policy led the United States Congress to pull out of the UNFPA during the Reagan years, (and who controls the u.n?)
and again under George W. Bush's presidency, citing human rights abuses and stating that the right to "found a family" was protected under the Preamble in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
President Obama resumed U.S. government financial support for the UNFPA shortly after taking office in 2009, intending to "work[ing] collaboratively to reduce poverty, improve the health of women and children, prevent HIV/AIDS and provide family planning assistance to women in 154 countries".

Abz2000
12-18-2011, 03:56 AM
here's another:

imagine the same person going fishing and bitten by 100 of these mosquitos................

think i'm making this up:

this conclusion can be portrayed as misconstrued,
however the documentary "endgame" available free on youtube documents how all this is happening, and should leave you with no doubt.

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation,"
Philip told Deutsche Press Agentur in August 1988.
(that's the queen's husband).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!