/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asking for a lot

aadil77
12-18-2011, 06:44 AM
:sl:

Can you ever ask for too much in du'a ? When you know you're better off than many in this world, is it ungrateful to ask for more ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
12-18-2011, 07:30 AM
i believe it is not wrong to ask for more of Allah's blessings, but it becomes even more important to spend in His way and avoid evil.

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "While Job was naked, taking a bath, a swarm of gold locusts fell on him, and he started collecting them in his garment. His Lord called him: "O Job! Have I not made you too rich to need what you see?" He said: "Yes, My Lord! But I cannot shun Your Blessings." (Al Bukhari)

source:

http://www.islamawareness.net/Prophets/ayoub.html

Story of the Leper, the Bald Man and the Blind Man

http://eislaminfo.blogspot.com/2011/...blind-man.html

Insaanah
12-18-2011, 10:35 AM

One of the etiquettes of du'a, is that a person should ask everything that he desires (as long as what he is asking is permissible), for he is asking the Most Generous of all those who are generous, and the most Beneficent of all those who are beneficent.

Can anything compare with the generosity of al-Karim? For Allah is al-Mannan (the One Who gives continuously without expecting anything in return), al-Barr (The Benefactor), al- Wahhab (The Ever Bestower) and al-Akram (The most Generous); in fact all of His Names are an indication of His Perfection and Exaltedness. So when one asks such a deity, how can one not then ask abundantly?

Do you not see when a beggar goes to one who is well known for his generosity, he asks more than when he goes to one that is not known to be such? Do you not see that such a beggar will not be satisfied with a little amount from a generous person, whereas he would be satisfied with this same amount from a miser? So then why is it that you are miserly in your asking when you need your Creator far more than this beggar is in need of someone’s generosity?

This is why the Prophet :saws: said:

"When one of you wishes for something, then let him increase (his wishes) for verily he is asking His Lord, the Most Exalted and High."
(reported by ‘Abd ibn Humayd in his Mutakhab [1/193]; authenticated by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, # 1266)

And in another wording:
"When one of you asks something (from Allaah), then let him be plentiful (in what he asks for), for indeed he is asking His Lord."
(ibn Hibban 2043)

Source: Du'a: The Weapon of the Believer, by Abu Ammaar Yasir Qadhi

So your asking for a lot, is a recognition of Allah's unlimited generosity, and rather than it being ungrateful to ask for more, giving thanks for what you have and asking for more is a form of worship in itself.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Insaanah
08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Amongst the discouraged acts during du'a, is implying that one will not ask anything else.

It is all too common to hear a person say, "O Allah! Please grant me such-and-such, and I will not ask you anything else after this!"

Such thinking has two major problems with it. Firstly, it implies that Allah is not Generous, as such a condition is usually put to a person who is miserly: "I only ask this of you, and I will not ask you anything else!" Secondly, it implies that a person is self-sufficient and not in need of Allah's response to his du'as. This because he says, "I will not ask you anything else after this," as if he can live without Allah's blessings! Verily, every breath that we take is because of Allah's blessings, and no one can be free of Allah's help even for the twinkling of an eye!

So make du'a, and make plenty of du'a for Allah's Generosity is more than all that you can possibly ask for.

Source: Du'a: The Weapon of the Believer, A treatise on the stataus and etiquette of du'a in Islam, by Abu Ammaar Yasir Qadhi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
08-17-2012, 06:01 PM
We may tire asking of Allah but he will NEVER tire in accepting our Dua’s and fulfilling our needs and wants as long as it is best for us.

Those Dua's that we think we're not accepted in this world then the reward for those will be reserved in the Hereafter and when we see the immense rewards that we accumulated from our constant Dua’s that we thought were not accepted then we would wish none of our Dua’s were accepted just so that we could gain even more abundant rewards for our Dua's in the Hereafter.

Allah is free from miserliness and looks for every excuse to give to his slaves so let us seek from him and make the effort to do everything to please him. Let us not be shy to ask of him as much as we want and know that we may tire from seeking and asking but he will NEVER tire from giving out of his immense ocean of mercy and his incomprehensible majesty and generosity.

There is still time left in this blessed month so let us ask ask ask!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!