/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Post Islamic inspirational quotes

bamboozled
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Post Islamic inspirational quotes from the Quran or authentic hadith.

(My idea for the thread is copied from: http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...t=30826&page=2)

I will start, with one I read in the above link:

On the authority of Umm Darda (May Allah be pleased with her) it is reported that Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:

“…the dua of a muslim for his brother (in Islam) in his absence is readily accepted, and an angel is appointed to his side, whenever he makes a beneficial dua for his brother the appointed angel says “Ameen and may you also be blessed with the same”

[Muslim]

If anyone can post the exact hadith book for the above quote that would be great.

So get posting people!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sis muslimah
01-07-2012, 01:01 AM
"None of you is a believer until he loves for his brother (his fellow Muslims) what he loves for himself" (Sahih Muslim)

sis muslimah
01-07-2012, 01:02 AM
ALQURAN: And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment, etc.)? Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression,And repulse not the beggar;And proclaim the Grace of your Lord.

Surah 93.Adh Dhuhaa (93:8 - 11)

sis muslimah
01-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Those who eat Riba (usury) will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaitan (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: "Trading is only like Riba (usury)," whereas Allah has permitted trading and forbidden Riba (usury). So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops eating Riba (usury) shall not be punished for the past; his case is for Allah (to judge); but whoever returns (to Riba (usury)), such are the dwellers of the Fire - they will abide therein.

Surah 2. Al Baqarah (2:275)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
01-07-2012, 02:57 AM
:sl: would it be possible if I translate a quote from another language?

Tawangar
01-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Adherence to the Sunnah is the yardstick for recognizing a friend of Allah. (Haji Imdadullah Muhajir al Makki)

sis muslimah
01-07-2012, 04:41 PM
A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: in time of need, behind your back, and after your death.

(Ali ibn abi Talib)

sis muslimah
01-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Abu Huraira (Ra) reported Allah's Messenger (Pbuh) as saying:

..."The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it Adam (Pbuh) was created, on it he was made to enter Paradise, on it he was expelled from it. And the Last Hour will take place on no day other than Friday."...

Sahih Muslim, Vol 4, Hadith 1856, 1857
Abu Dawud, Book 2 - Hadith 1041, 1042
Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Vol 2 - Fiqh 2.125, 2.126

sis muslimah
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
“And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;”

[Al Qur’an 3:103]

Ghazalah
01-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Salaam Alaykum.

There's already a thread like this...

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134305114-beautiful-quotes-proverbs-sayings-51.html

Abu Taj al Deen
01-12-2012, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah
A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: in time of need, behind your back, and after your death.

(Ali ibn abi Talib)
Masha'Allah!
JazakiAllahu kheyr sis muslimah.

I love that! :D

sis muslimah
01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Allah the Exalted loves him who forgoes worldly life, the Angels love him who rejects the vices, and the Muslims love him who gives up greediness in respect of the Muslims.

(Uthman ibn Affan)

sis muslimah
01-12-2012, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Taj al Deen
Masha'Allah!
JazakiAllahu kheyr sis muslimah.

I love that!
wa iyyaki akhi :)

Innocent Soul
01-14-2012, 08:52 AM
”Allah never throws you deeper than you can go. He throws you from such a height were He knows yes you may fall, gain a few scratches, and open wounds, but He also knows how much sabr, tolerance and will power you have to stand back up. Yes we all complain, moan and cry saying ‘Why Me!’ but why do we forget this life is a test; Allah is making you, not breaking you. He is by your side, He is your shadow and your guiding light..."

sis muslimah
01-14-2012, 06:44 PM
What does freedom' mean?
Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
but death for the fish,
The sea is wide for the fish
but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
freedom from slavery to other than the One,
Who offers a shoreless ocean of love to swim in
and a horizon that extends to the next life,
Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

sis muslimah
01-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Anas said: The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said: 'None of you Truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his father, his child and all the people.' Some other reports add: 'his life, his wealth and his family.'

(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

sis muslimah
01-17-2012, 01:26 AM
And be moderate (or show no arrogance) in your walking, and lower your voice.

(The Quran Luqmaan 31:19)

Innocent Soul
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
The heart, in its journey to Allah, Majestic is He, is like that of a bird: love is its head, and fear and hope on its two wings. When the head and two wings are sound, the bird flies gracefully; if the head is severed, the bird dies; if the bird loses one of its wings, it then becomes a target for every hunter or predator.
—Ibn al-Qayyim

Innocent Soul
02-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Ease and Hardship are the feathers that give strength to the wings of your faith, So that your heart and your innermost being, Can use them to fly to the door of your creator ALLAH, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful!

Innocent Soul
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Facing life with very little faith and facing life with little "BETTER" faith is so different...

It definitely wont guarantee solution to every problem but it definitely guarantees a certain STRENGTH to face those problems....Subhan Allah...

bamboozled
02-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Can someone please find me a Quranic quote to the effect

-reward will come to those who are steadfast-

Shorter the ayah the better

JZK

bamboozled
02-14-2012, 09:59 PM
"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allah is Ever Well-Acquainted with what you do. "
[CH4:V135]
http://quran.com/4/135

Amazing. Amazing Verse. SubhanAllah.

Innocent Soul
02-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Let's remember circumstances can always change and the tables usually turn over a period of time.

Let's not oppress, hate, hurt, cheat, steal from anyone in our life.
You may be powerful today but remember Allah sees everything. Everything.

Just like that one tree that makes a million match sticks, it just takes 1 single match stick to burn a million trees.

I pray Allah gives us the ability to always be humble and good to each other. Not just to our Muslim brothers and sisters but to everyone. All of Allah's creations.
Ameen.

Azraq
03-09-2012, 02:48 PM
"The one who seeks the life of this world is like the one who drinks seawater; the more he drinks, the thirstier he becomes, until it kills him."

sis muslimah
03-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Every drop of sweat and every breath we take in life, if not taken for the sake of Allah, will lead to regret and sorrow on the Day of Judgment

(Ibn Al-Qayyim)

Sumaiya54
03-18-2012, 10:10 PM
‎"He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms, To Him belong the Best Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (60:24)

Salaam :) Hope you enjoyed the quote.

Innocent Soul
04-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh Allah...♥

I told you: I'm in pain
You said: 'Do not despair of the mercy of Allaah' (39:53)

I told you: Many people hurt me
You said: 'So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them' (3:159)

I told you: I feel I'm alone
You said: 'We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein' (50:16)

I told you: My sins are so many
You said: 'And who can forgive sins except Allah?' (3:135)

I told you: Do not leave me
You said: 'So remember Me; I will remember you...' (2:152)

I told you: I'm facing a lot of difficulties in life
You said: 'And whoever fears Allah – He will make for him a way out' (65:2)

I told you: I have many dreams that I want to come true
You said: 'Call upon Me; I will respond to you.' (40:60)

Subhan'Allah -♥

sis muslimah
04-07-2012, 03:51 AM
If you are dependable, honest, virtuous, and content in Allah's will, no harm shall come your way.

(Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam))

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!