/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is lying our information in online registration forms bad?

Samiun
12-19-2011, 02:43 AM
:sl: ever since I make online accounts I always lie about my personal information such as date of birth, addresses, full name and etc2..I did this because I don't want anyone out there to know my name or address because I never believe that they would protect our privacy. Question is, is it permissible to do that? am I a wee bit paranoid?1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamica
12-19-2011, 03:13 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

I consider it legit seeing how they don't ask our permission when they turn around and sell that data to other companies. Whether you lie or not doesn't make a difference either because you are not committing ID fraud or anything and whether that information is true or not has no relevance to you or others in any way possible.

syed1
12-19-2011, 03:14 AM
please these are such trivial matters -

Abz2000
12-19-2011, 03:31 AM
it is recorded that when the bedouin asked the Prophet (pbuh) where he was from, in order to avoid disclosing his army's identity, he replied: nahnu minal ma- "we are from water",
referring to the creation of all living things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed1
12-19-2011, 03:34 AM
very interesting ^^

ardianto
12-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Assalamualaikum.

Depend on relevancy between your personal information and their service. If not relevant you can give false information. But if give true personal information is relevant with their service and you will get a problem if you give false information, you should give your true information. Don't worry, the trustable sites will not 'sell' your personal information.

I give you example. I bought a software trough a website. They asked my personal information but I thought it not relevant with their service. So, I gave them false name, false addres, email addres with false name, and paid with anonymous VCC. They sent a link to that email address. I downloaded it, done, and bussines over.

But when I registered as afiliate marketer, I gave them my true personal information. I got money from this job, Alhamdulillah. They sent me a cheque with my name written on it trough postal service to my address. Imagine if I gave them false personal information? I would never receive that money.

Snowflake
12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
I never give out my real details unless purchasing something. I don't mean to disrespect our admins/staff, but the way I see it in general is that forum admins/staff everywhere are only human, so I wouldn't give my personal details on any forum anymore than I would to a man who knocked on my door and asked for them. I wish I didn't have to give false info. But I have the right to feel safe and protect myself, and I don't feel bad about it.

User29123
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: ever since I make online accounts I always lie about my personal information such as date of birth, addresses, full name and etc2..I did this because I don't want anyone out there to know my name or address because I never believe that they would protect our privacy. Question is, is it permissible to do that? am I a wee bit paranoid?1
I do the same, it's a good thing to do..:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!