/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to Pray Nafl Prayers?

Blooming.Flower
12-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Assalomu ALAYKUM,

I was wondering, how do you pray nafl prayers? Is it prayed just like a fard prayer of do you have to say something in it to make it nafl prayer? Like in witr, you have to say dua qunoot.

Jazakhallah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afifa
12-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Asalaam-u-Alaikum

Nafl prayer is prayed just like fardh prayers in 2's or 4's. The only difference is in your intention at the start. You make intention of praying nafl namaaz. You don't need to pray anything extra. If you are praying 4 rakaats nafl together then you will need to pray a surat in each 4 of the rakaats unlike 4 fardh where you only pray a surat in the first 2 rakaats. :)

Hamza Asadullah
01-17-2012, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blooming.Flower
Assalomu ALAYKUM,

I was wondering, how do you pray nafl prayers? Is it prayed just like a fard prayer of do you have to say something in it to make it nafl prayer? Like in witr, you have to say dua qunoot.

Jazakhallah Khair.
:sl:

Nafil prayers are voluntary prayers as in they are not emhpasised for us to pray like Fard or wajib prayers. But they are very rewarding and will also help in filling in any gaps or mistakes made during fard prayers. Intention does not have to be said by the tongue. I is done by the heart so just by intentding to pray a nafil prayer is enough but if you want to say it by the tongue then that is also fine.

Nafil prayers enable one to get closer to Allah as Allah says in Hadith Qudsi:

Allah says in Hadith Qudsi:

….and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (voluntary deeds) until I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My Protection, I will protect him..." [Bukhari]

It will also enable us to do many more prostrations which is the best and most closest position a Muslim can be towards Allah as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) taught us:

“Prostrate much because there is no Muslim that prostrates to God except that God raises him one degree in Paradise by it and forgives for him a sin.” (Ahmad)

So the more we prostrate, the more our ranks will be raised in Jannah insha’Allah until we reach the highest level, Jannat Al-Firdaus, and this is where the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) will be. So praying many voluntary prayers will enable us to be closer to our Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) who is in the highest ranks of Jannah:

A Source of Elevation for you

The Prophet (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Ask (anything)." Rabi'ah said: "I ask of you to be your companion in paradise." The Prophet said: “Anything else?" Rabi'ah said: "That is it." The Prophet (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) said to him: "Then help me by making many prostrations (i.e., supererogatory prayers)." [Muslim]

Praying Tahajjud to get closer to Allah

The best of the voluntary prayers is Tahajjud prayer:

Allah Most High said, “Establish worship at the going down of the sun until the dark of the night, and (the recital of) the Qur’an at dawn. Lo! (the recital of) the Qur’an at dawn is ever witnessed. And some part of the night awake for its recital, as voluntary worship for you. It may be that your Lord will raise you to a praised estate.” [Qur’an, 17: 78-79]

Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said, “The best prayer after the obligatory prayers is the night prayer.” [Muslim]

Abu Umama al-Bahili (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said, “Hold fast to night prayer, for it was the way of the righteous before you, a way of drawing closer to your Lord, an expiation for wrong deeds, and a shield from sin.” [Tirmidhi, and others] In some narrations, there is an addition, “And it repels sickness from the body.”

And because night vigil time is the best of times for voluntary worship and prayer, and the closest a servant is to his Lord. The following link includes many other nafil prayers we can pray throughout the day and night:

Very rewarding Nafil prayers to pray everyday:

http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...-everyday.html

So let us make the habit of reading as many voluntary prayers as we can for more prayers we pray then the more prostrations will will do and one is truly the closest to Allah in prostration.

….bow down in prostration and bring yourself the closer (to Allah)." (96:19)

May Allah enable us to prostrate to him as much as possible so that we may be the closest to him in this world and the next. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!