/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What will be the consequences of starting a war with Iran?

User29123
12-20-2011, 12:22 PM
:sl:

I personally think it could provoke WW3, I think Iran do have a little chance of retaliating but not much, NATO is pretty big it involves a lot of countries. USA/Israel/UK and some EU countries. Unless China and Russia back Iran up then it would be something good.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
esperanza
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
yes iagree would provoke a major war which could destabilize the whole regionm

attica
12-21-2011, 06:58 PM
I think Adminijad already said that if America attacks them, they will block the Persian gulf. This would means no oil would come to the West from Iran (obviously), Iraq, Kuwait, parts of Saudi, Bahrein, Qatar, the UAE or Oman.
I think that would cause global economic meltdown, even if the Iranians could just keep the blockade going a couple of weeks. The blockade would not need to be complete. Simply lots of attacks by small torpedo craft on oil tankers would be enough to stop oil freight companies sending their tankers there.
Result: Oil prices go skyhigh. Total global economic meltdown (and the world economy is already doing pretty badly).
Secondly, I could see Iran attacking Israel to try draw Arab countries into the mix. Israel might hold off retaliating if the attacks were minor (as in the 1991 Gulf war), however if the Iranians got a chemical, biological or (if they have any), nuclear weapon through, then Israel would basically nuke Iran and possibly the rest of the Middle East with its 300 or so nuclear missiles, with the result that not only would the Middle East be devastated forever, but the world in general would be as nobody would like to go extract oil from the nuclear fallout zone that the Middle East would become. As a result, without oil, which industrial society is completely dependent on, we would all be heading for a crazy "everyone for himself" Mad Max style dark future. The only good point about this is that it would lead to some very exciting desert car chases.

Perseveranze
12-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Kinda sad that Iranians are the only one's who stand up to the west, whilst Sunni leaders are their puppets.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
serena77
12-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Inshallah there will be no war. Yes, I agree some of the US foreign policies need to change, and change in a major way. However, i can see this attack as being bad for the entire world. No good would come of it and a lot of bad, a lot of innocent deaths, and yes.. prices going so sky high on even necessities that those of us who are working still wouldn't be able to afford the needed things and those throughout the world who are unemployed would be in even worse shape.
Serena

GuestFellow
12-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Ugh I don't want to know. It's so scary. :skeleton:

جوري
12-21-2011, 09:14 PM
The U.S is setting it up or has set it up with their leave from Iraq and placing a shiite puppet president to Iraq who is already accusing his Sunni VP of numerous nameless crimes to be at war with Iran which is successful in its shaitana will leave the entire region in ruins for it will be Sunnis against Shiites and the shiites (mainly Iran) are very well equipped for battle and have ambitions for the region obviously to come under their rule and it will distract the entire area from the colonial settler state and will ruin their own so-called 'Arab spring' from accomplishing its goals..
Americans are dumb but persistent.. we're smart but emotional ..

:w:

FS123
12-21-2011, 09:39 PM
War with Iran good mean collapse of US economy as long war did for USSR, US has big debt, and war with Iran will make it much worse. USSR didn't saw its collapse until it was too late, US is on that path too. China is already the second biggest super-power, while US is spending on wars. Roman Empire collapsed, USSR collapse, all because the wars they got entangled in. Except Ron Paul no other politician sees this.

IslamicRevival
12-21-2011, 10:14 PM
The end of 'United States' and Israhell. Both will be destroyed and humiliated InshAllah

The Taliban have crushed the most powerful army in the world single handedly, The Warriors in Palestine and Lebanon, who have no F16's, tanks and high tech weaponry defeated the Israhelli devils convincingly not so long ago....If they could do it, imagine what Iran could do? Its just unthinkable!

User29123
12-21-2011, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by attica
I think Adminijad already said that if America attacks them, they will block the Persian gulf. This would means no oil would come to the West from Iran (obviously), Iraq, Kuwait, parts of Saudi, Bahrein, Qatar, the UAE or Oman.
I think that would cause global economic meltdown, even if the Iranians could just keep the blockade going a couple of weeks. The blockade would not need to be complete. Simply lots of attacks by small torpedo craft on oil tankers would be enough to stop oil freight companies sending their tankers there.
Result: Oil prices go skyhigh. Total global economic meltdown (and the world economy is already doing pretty badly).
Secondly, I could see Iran attacking Israel to try draw Arab countries into the mix. Israel might hold off retaliating if the attacks were minor (as in the 1991 Gulf war), however if the Iranians got a chemical, biological or (if they have any), nuclear weapon through, then Israel would basically nuke Iran and possibly the rest of the Middle East with its 300 or so nuclear missiles, with the result that not only would the Middle East be devastated forever, but the world in general would be as nobody would like to go extract oil from the nuclear fallout zone that the Middle East would become. As a result, without oil, which industrial society is completely dependent on, we would all be heading for a crazy "everyone for himself" Mad Max style dark future. The only good point about this is that it would lead to some very exciting desert car chases.

I doubt Israel would nuke them Russia and China would get pissed of and possibly retaliate..it could damage their country too. Also Israel has nukes but has not signed NPT and does not allow inspections would does that tell us?

Ramadhan
12-21-2011, 10:53 PM
I cannot see this scenario ever happening.

جوري
12-21-2011, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

I cannot see this scenario ever happening.
Indeed I second that for multitudes of reasons.. but will raise you the two most imposing reasons.
1- Iran houses the largest number of Jews outside Israel
2- Israel nuking the region would greatly undermine their own safety radioactive substances would surely afflict them too since they're right smack in the middle of it all.. perhaps they should have chosen a different spot to be their 'promised land' They are less in population than the sikhs in the world and I can't imagine them getting any freakier.. anyhow that being said and on a complete tangent when I'd apply for my state board exams they list your region and of course there's Europe, Asia, Canada etc. then Israel was a special case, they say if in Israel put under 'Europe' lololol...

:w:

Galaxy
12-22-2011, 12:28 AM
​Probably try to blow each other off the map?^o)

attica
12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Sorry, I disagree with those who say that nuclear warfare could never happen in the Middle East.
Have you never heard of the "Masada complex"?
Basically, Israel has been able to defeat its enemies through superior conventional warfare in short but deadly bliltzkrieg style campaigns.
However, if it gets involved in a war which it cannot blitzkrieg its way to victory and ends up in some kind of attritional warfare situation it is bound to lose against the superior numbers of, for example, an Iranian enemy.
Israel could accept losing such a war if its territory is not threatened (as for example in Lebanon a couple of years ago), but if its territory was under threat and there was nothing Israel could do in conventional military terms to stop that threat, it knows that it is doomed. In such a case, because of what happened to the Jews in WW2, I believe they will not accept such a defeat but will decide "If we're going down, we're taking you with us" and start firing off nukes. Firstly, they would do a couple of nukes to places where they do not risk so much getting radioactive fallout themselves (eg Tehran) but if the enemy keep coming, I think they will go all out to take down the whole Middle East with them and, with 300 nukes, they are capable of taking out every major city. So actually, unless Iran is prepared to accept complete annihilation for itself and the whole region, it had better hope that Israel beats them in a conventional war. If they do go to war against Israel, it will just be a pretense, in my opinion, intended to discourage America from attacking Iran, rather than seriously trying to defeat Israel, because if it does defeat Israel, it knows the nukes will fly.
Of course, I am not a mind reader of the Iranian leadership, but that is the way I would look at it if I were them.

User29123
12-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry, I disagree with those who say that nuclear warfare could never happen in the Middle East.
Basically, Israel has been able to defeat its enemies through superior conventional warfare in short but deadly bliltzkrieg style campaigns.
However, if it gets involved in a war which it cannot blitzkrieg its way to victory and ends up in some kind of attritional warfare situation it is bound to lose against the superior numbers of, for example, an Iranian enemy.
Israel could accept losing such a war if its territory is not threatened (as for example in Lebanon a couple of years ago), but if its territory was under threat and there was nothing Israel could do in conventional military terms to stop that threat, it knows that it is doomed. In such a case, because of what happened to the Jews in WW2, I believe they will not accept such a defeat but will decide "If we're going down, we're taking you with us" and start firing off nukes. Firstly, they would do a couple of nukes to places where they do not risk so much getting radioactive fallout themselves (eg Tehran) but if the enemy keep coming, I think they will go all out to take down the whole Middle East with them and, with 300 nukes, they are capable of taking out every major city. So actually, unless Iran is prepared to accept complete annihilation for itself and the whole region, it had better hope that Israel beats them in a conventional war. If they do go to war against Israel, it will just be a pretense, in my opinion, intended to discourage America from attacking Iran, rather than seriously trying to defeat Israel, because if it does defeat Israel, it knows the nukes will fly.
Of course, I am not a mind reader of the Iranian leadership, but that is the way I would look at it if I were them.
Israel can't fight for s*** that's why the make other countries do their dirty work. If Israel did use a Nuclear Weapon that would then start WW3...

User29123
12-22-2011, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy
​Probably try to blow each other off the map?^o)
Wow, you do know Iranian presedient never even said that? It was bullsh** from the start just fox news made it up and it became something big...

جوري
12-22-2011, 05:13 PM
The Iranian fellow put his so-called nuclear plants near Isfahan where the largest number of Jews outside of Israel preside, so in fact if they go for Iran first trying to destroy the parts of interest they'll destroy their own. Of course that has not mattered before I understand and anyone can attest to that inquiring the fate of Arab Jews that were terrorized and taken against their will or killed by members of the Hagana, Irgun and the stern gang, yes Israel is a terrorist state and was so established on terrorism. But all of that doesn't matter since with Iran and even the entire middle east gone through Israeli ambitions, it would only affect 20% of the Muslim population so when Israel goes to hell insha'Allah and soon they'll have perished themselves out of existence whereas it wouldn't have made a tiny dent in the Muslim world. Of course that won't be the scenario that plays out.. and it is precisely why they don't have you as a strategist for the IDF :D

best,

IslamicRevival
12-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Sorry but who has Israhell defeated? They got their backside handed to them by the might Warriors of Lebanon, Hezbollah not once..but twice! And then theres Hamas, the brave resolute Palestinian faction who also kicked their behinds not so long ago! Both groups not only caused maximum damage, they also managed to drive the Israhelli Devil Forces out of their turf, they ran like scared chickens!

I ask the question again, who have they managed to defeat?

Abz2000
12-23-2011, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
I ask the question again, who have they managed to defeat?
themselves, their souls, and their people

FS123
12-23-2011, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Israel can't fight for s*** that's why the make other countries do their dirty work. If Israel did use a Nuclear Weapon that would then start WW3...
That's what probably he is wishing for. He is probably those endtimes/rapture evangelical christian

samin62
12-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Price of oil will skyrocket. Iran can take out US supply lines of Afghanistan and Iraq very easily and also trap any ship around persian gulf. Things will go beserk

GuestFellow
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
I think this needs to be put into context. Following 9/11, the Bush administration adopted the neoconservative plan to overthrow regimes that were threatening Israel and US interests. This did not work, especially in the case of Iraq. Iran seemed to have gained influence within Iraq. There was fighting between Sunni and Shia and Kurdish wanted to develop their own state. The Iraq war was expensive and a mess.

Once Obama was elected, this plan to overthrow these regimes was put side. Obama's foreign policy adviser Brzenki was far more concerned with Russia and China. Both Russia and China are more powerful and are a significant threat to the US. Brzenski is aware that a war with Russia and China is not practicable. So he advocates bringing Russia and China into some sort of conflict, probably over resources. This is why Obama attacked Pakistan which George Bush, John McCain and Hillary Clinton were against. Pakistan and China are allies and to weaken Pakistan will limit China's strategic position.

I heard that China relies on Sudan for its resources. If the US is able to prevent Sudan allowing China to gain its resources, China will have to rely on Siberia to gain its resources. This will bring Russia and China into some sort of conflict.

Not sure if this is true, but speculation.

FS123
12-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Read this

For Blumenthal, the alliance between the US right-wing and Jewish extremists is forged on a theological convergence.

"Christians who are sympathetic to the JDL mentality are Christian-Zionists", he explained. "They are waiting for 'the Rapture', and part of the fulfillment is the gathering of all Jews into Biblical Israel, which means the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians."

Ironically, part of the Rapture mythology is that all non-Christians will perish on that day, including Jews.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...638252910.html

GodIsAll
03-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Those rapture folk are something...
And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!