/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can DUA still be accepted in this situation?

Blooming.Flower
12-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Assalamu Alaykum.

Let's say, a guy commits sin but he repents. He keeps continuing what he does and still repents. At last, he finally realizes how much sin he has been doing so he repents SINCERELY AND tells Allah(SWT), "If I commit the sin again, don't forgive me..." (along those lines). He commits the sin again and wants to repent but feels like Allah(SWT) won't forgive him because of what he said.

Can Allah(SWT) still forgive him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
12-22-2011, 01:59 AM
:wa:
You should repent from uttering those words as well. Allah is the Most-Merciful and the Acceptor of Repentance. You can't pray for Him to be something He's not. All such words that make you hit dead end are whispers of shaytaan. I remember my days of extreme repentance and I used to do quite similar stuff but with time I've learned that Allah is indeed As-Saboor (The Patient One) and He's infinitely patient with His creation. He watches them sin then repent, sin again and repent again yet He is always ready to accept their repentance. Don't use such stuff with your prayers. They harm no one but yourself.

And consider the situation, what will you do if your prayer is accepted? (God forbid) What if Allah decides not to accept your repentance and writes you off to hell? Would you like that? Obviously, not. Basically, you're asking for hell for yourself.

Hence refrain from using such words and stay steadfast in your repentance. Sooner or later, you'll be totally be able to rid yourself of the sin, inshAllah.
:w:

Yanal
12-24-2011, 01:35 AM
:sl:

Insha'Allaah take a look at this link.

Salahudeen
12-24-2011, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blooming.Flower
Assalamu Alaykum.

Let's say, a guy commits sin but he repents. He keeps continuing what he does and still repents. At last, he finally realizes how much sin he has been doing so he repents SINCERELY AND tells Allah(SWT), "If I commit the sin again, don't forgive me..." (along those lines). He commits the sin again and wants to repent but feels like Allah(SWT) won't forgive him because of what he said.

Can Allah(SWT) still forgive him?
Yes, but it was a mistake of him to say what he did, Allah accepts the repentance providing that the repentance is sincere. The conditions for a repentance to be sincere is the following

Repentance is essential from every sin, even if it is something between a person and Allaah and has nothing to do with the rights of another person. There are three conditions of repentance:

1- You should give up the sin

2- You should regret having done it

3- You should resolve never to go back to it.

If one of these three is missing, then your repentance is not sincere. If the sin has to do with the rights of another person, then there are four conditions: the three mentioned above and restoring the rights of that person. If it is money or property, etc, it must be returned to him; if it had to do with slandering him etc, then you should allow him to insult him in return, or ask for his forgiveness; if it had to do with backbiting about him, then you have to ask for his pardon. It is essential to repent from all sins; if a person repents from some, his repentance from the sins from which he repented is valid – according to the scholars who follow the right path – but he must still repent from the rest as well.

End quote.

Based on the above, if these conditions are met by the person who is repenting, then there is the hope that his repentance will be accepted, by Allaah’s leave. After that he should not worry about waswaas (whispers) suggesting that his repentance is not accepted, because that is from the Shaytaan and is contrary to what Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) have told us, that repentance is accepted if it is sincere.

Read full link here

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/46683

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!