/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Armed gang steals millions from Dubai royal family

islamica
12-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Armed gang steals millions from Dubai royal family

By Eric Pfeiffer - 12/14/2011

Members of an armed gang are on trial after they've been charged with stealing millions from the Dubai royal family. The £2million heist ($3,099,000) was the royal family's "holiday spending money" set aside for its visit to London on June 24.

Royal aide Abdullah Shakeri, who testified from behind a protective screen, said he thought members of the gang were only joking when they first approached him outside the Emirates Bank in Knightsbridge, West London with the demand to "put the cases down or I'll shoot you in the face." The Daily Mail reports that the robbers then repeated their threat and told Shakeri he would be shot if he did not flee the scene.

Prosecutor Alexandra Felix said the money was divided into £50 notes, held in two suitcases. "The royal family were in the UK and required money for their stay here," Felix said. "Mr Shakeri had made arrangements to collect the money. He and the manager went into a room to count the money. The cash was in £50 note bundles which was placed in suitcases."

Shakeri described the man who held him at gunpoint as a young Middle Eastern man with short dark gelled hair and a leather jacket. "He had a gun. I think it was a black automatic handgun. He pointed it at me," Shakeri said. The man then shouted for an accomplice, whom Shakeri described as a black man wearing a white hard hat and a "high visibility jacket." The accomplice reportedly told Shakeri and the other royal family staff to run into a nearby shop. "We did as we were asked so we went into a H&M just next to the bank," Shakeri said.

After the robbers fled, the royal family staff radioed the diplomatic protection group, who pursued the suspects. A man fitting the description of the first suspect was spotted just 300 feet from the crime scene but escaped and has yet to be found.

An officer spotted the suspect throwing a metallic object under a car, which he thought was a gun but turned out to be two mobile phones.

However, police were able to apprehend getaway driver Johnathon Haynes, 36, along with the royal family's stolen cash. They also found the hard hat, the high-visibility jacket and a passport for Trevor Mair, 46, inside the car.

When Haynes was handcuffed, he reportedly told the arresting officers, "Yes, OK, fair enough. Are you going to take me to the police station now because I'm a bit cold."

The trial comes on the heels of another high-profile heist targeting a Dubai royal. Princess Arwa Bint Faisal Bin Sultan Al Qassimi of the royal family of Sharjah and Ras Al-Khaimah was robbed on October 30 of approximately $230,000 in cash and personal items, including three Chanel and Prada handbags, an iPad, and a Nokia International smartphone.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...143315536.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
12-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Stealing in every sense is not correct :)

Perhaps they are earning so much, Business can be booming, there's nothing wrong if they spend the hard earn money as long as they pay zakat :)

GuestFellow
12-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Salaam,

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17

Perhaps they are earning so much, Business can be booming, there's nothing wrong if they spend the hard earn money as long as they pay zakat :)
It's not that. They torture people, mistreat migrants, support US foreign policy and are not implementing the Sharia.

format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
if they don't spend it on the poor, indigent, war torn and destitute they shouldn't complain at all. I don't even want to hear about it. This is God's earth, it doesn't belong to a family.. and when some are blessed it doesn't mean they should squander it on wh*res which they do and needless status items, least of which their next door neighbors are literally torn apart, their bodies are minced meat and the children are searching in the garbage .. I have nothing against being well off and it is good to show thankfulness.. but being rich is also a test and they failed miserably!
Best post!

Riana17
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

It's not that. They torture people, mistreat migrants, support US foreign policy and are not implementing the Sharia.

Best post!
Asalam

I understand the post, but I dont see Dubai like that, there is no need for hatred. I'd tell you, the buildings of labor's accommodation in Dubai is better than my house :)

Perhaps there are unfair cases while majority are fair.

I know that wasters are evil's Brothers. But I cant be against the amount because their lifestyle is different than most of us, I can live with 1000$/month, and others can live for 15-30$ :)

and as I know there is no poor emirati.

As for Qatar, the living standard there is unimaginable. You need min 6000$/a month to live comfortably

My point is that some people are just wealthy, I dont want to suspect whether they steal or not, we know majorities are.

And I am all with you, I wish they could spend to poor people but I dont see harram spending when they pay their obligatory zakat :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
12-25-2011, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
£2million heist ($3,099,000) was the royal family's "holiday spending money"
Go on vacation is not wrong. But 2 million pounds as holiday spending money ?. It's too much, even for rich people.

That's money was enough to help many poor people, but they planned to use that money only to having fun. Then they lost the money after someone robbed it.

I hope they could see "the hidden sign" in this experience.

GuestFellow
12-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Asalam

I understand the post, but I dont see Dubai like that, there is no need for hatred. I'd tell you, the buildings of labor's accommodation in Dubai is better than my house :)
Salaam,

I don't hate Dubai. I hate the royal family.

Perhaps there are unfair cases while majority are fair.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12246979

^

I would never visit Dubai.

I know that wasters are evil's Brothers. But I cant be against the amount because their lifestyle is different than most of us, I can live with 1000$/month, and others can live for 15-30$ :)
It has nothing to do with living standards or what they earn. The monarchy should not even exist in the first place. Like I said before, they have been involved in torture, supporting US foreign policy, mistreating migrant workers and using the nation's money for their own amusement.

These people are sick, deserve to be imprisoned and then executed. It's not rich people that I have a problem with. I really dislike the monarchy.

I don't care if they got robbed. I don't even see them as human beings.

aadil77
12-25-2011, 01:48 PM

Hard earned money? lol I bet most of them have not worked a day in their lives, just throw a couple of million petrodollars at foreign businesses and get their work done for them.

The whole of UAE was built by migrant workers and foreign companies. I bet not a single emirati has had to bend their backs and a lay brick into building those huge pointless skyscrapers they build

IslamicRevival
12-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right..but in this case ill make it an exception

introspective
06-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Anyone assigned with the title of 'royal' or have any association with royalty leaves me a bad taste in my mouth.

Muhaba
06-30-2012, 08:39 PM
we really need date next to title so i won't read old news thinkin it's new. i wouldn't have wasted 5 min on this had i known it was old.

bt why they need so much money for visit in UK? and why carry it around?

Txyib
07-01-2012, 01:41 AM
salaam
brothers and sisters although you may hate the royal family in what they do ,we mist think about the signs of qiyamah,dont you think this is one ,arab countrys will go corrupt and will fight one another,
we must also bear in mind that we should treat each other like the the way we would want to be treated
lastly allah will not accept supplication to harm a muslim for a reason or other
wasalam

Abz2000
07-01-2012, 02:39 AM
lololol
United Arab Emirates
Or short: Al 'Imaraat

One of the signs of the day of judgement is 'Imaraat us sufaha-
The leadership of the fools.

SyrianFellow
07-01-2012, 06:52 AM
$3,000,000 for holiday spending.. really? This is honestly a joke when the whole middle east is in need of a major fix.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!