/* */

PDA

View Full Version : French government 'to order 30,000 women to remove defective breast implants'

Riana17
12-22-2011, 08:28 AM
French government 'to order 30,000 women to remove defective breast implants: 40,000 in UK & more around the globe'

French paper says state will order removal of industrial silicone implants, but UK authority says no evidence of cancer link
Alexandra Blachere, who heads an association of women with faulty breast implants. Photograph: Charles Platiau/Reuters

The plastic surgery scandal gripping France could soon become a medical emergency, with reports saying the government is to order 30,000 women to remove defective breast implants made from industrial silicone.

Senior officials told the Libération newspaper that the state would this week order the removal of implants from all French women given prosthetics supplied by the company Poly Implant Prothese, or PIP.

One of the world's biggest suppliers of breast implants, the southern French company was shut down last year after it was found to be cutting corners by making breast prosthetics from cheaper industrial silicone normally used for electronics and computer parts.

As well as containing non-medical silicone filler, the implants were found to have a high chance of bursting.
Around 30,000 women in France had already been implanted with the potentially faulty implants made from industrial silicone. Even more were affected in Britain, where 40,000 women had the implants.

In France, 2,000 women have filed police complaints and a criminal investigation has opened. But the scandal deepened this week after health officials reported eight cases of cancer in women who had received the implants, including one of a rare cancer affecting cells from the immune system.

The state has not established a link between cancer and the implants. But surgeons have advised the government to step up its handling of the scandal.

Valérie Pécresse, budget minister and government spokeswoman, said an action plan would be launched this week.

"All women who have PIP implants should return to see their surgeons urgently," she said, adding that these women could "potentially be in danger".
Libération said the government would this week take the unprecedented step of ordering the removal of every PIP implant. "We're facing a health crisis, linked to a fraud," said Laurent Lantieri, a leading French plastic surgeon on the state's advisory committee.

"There's no urgency, but we have no choice. All these implants have to be removed." He said it was about "prevention" not just "precaution".

Until now, women were advised to be scanned and remove the implants only if they had ruptured or burst.
In France, where at least 20% of the women with PIP implants received them during reconstruction surgery after breast cancer, some 523 women have already had their implants removed.

In the UK, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency maintained its view that there was "insufficient evidence to indicate any association with cancer". It said women worried about rupture should see their surgeon, but there was "no evidence to support" routine removal of PIP implants.

Many women with PIP implants staged a demonstration outside the French health ministry last week, saying they felt they had been poisoned, insisting the state pay for removals and demanding more information on possible health risks. Alexandra Blachere, founder of an association to support the women, described a "wave of panic".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Breast cancer is disease which women have double fear on it. First, this is a dangerous disease that can kill them. Second, if they survive, usually they would lose their breast, maybe one maybe both.

Loss the breast is a nightmare for women. They are afraid, if they lose their breast, they will lose their attraction too. Many of married women who survive from breast cancer but lost their breast, lose their confidence. They are afraid their husband would not love them anymore.

My wife is a breast cancer survivor. She lost her confidence after she lost her breast. But not for a long time. She immediately realized, her husband still and always love her. It raised her confidence again. And her meeting with other breast cancer survivors had open her eyes, lost the breast does not means will lose the love from the husbands. There are many husbands who always love their wives whatever happened to their wives.

But unfortunately, there are women in the West who still believe, breast is the determinant that will make men love or not love them. They tried to make their breast more attractive with silicone implant.

Maybe it can make men come to them, but only men who come with lust, not men who come with true love. Men who love women with true love will not like the falsehoods that have been made by the women. Implant silicone in the breast is a falsehood that made by some women in the West.

The poor women. If they know about it, they would not take a risk and spend much money only to make them lose their chances to get true love.

GuestFellow
12-24-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm just glad I'm a guy lol.

Beardo
12-24-2011, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Seriously speaking, I've seen men with breasts. Big breasts. Ever been to a public pool? I used to take swimming lessons.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
12-24-2011, 12:23 AM
^ LOL... :skeleton:

I used to swim but not anymore. For reasons that I would not like to expand on...

Beardo
12-24-2011, 12:38 AM
^ LOL... :skeleton:

I used to swim but not anymore. For reasons that I would not like to expand on...
Well, just go to private pools or go to your friend's pool or something. there's plenty of alternatives. Overflow your bathtub. Dig a hole in your backyard. Thin BIG.

And then remember how angry your mother will be and return to reality.

ardianto
12-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Oh no, I misread again !

I just realize, the title is "to remove defective", not "detective".

I was in a little confusion, what's the connection between breast implant and police investigator.

Riana17
12-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Haha, I still like your post Brother Ardianto.

very inspiring, may Allah swt grant you peace and happiness within.

syilla
12-27-2011, 09:38 AM
it seems they want the government to replace the defective ones ^o) very true but at the same time very disturbing

Riana17
12-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Now I have read that the counting reached 300,000

Sad..

CosmicPathos
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Sire that is why you could be worse off.

Men can also have breast cancer, its not a "women's disease." Albeit rare, but deadly in men as well who get it.

Moreover, as a man, you can get testicular cancer at an earlier age compared to the age at which most breast cancer occurs in women. It is common in young age group >20. If malignant type then deadly as well and you will loose your testicle, probably both testicles depend on the stage. How about loosing your balls as confidence destroyer? And also becoming impotent? If you loose your testicles and are young, probably no fertile woman would want to marry you as well. So lots of depression in these men.

Breast tissue in men is due to relatively high amount of estrogen relative to testosterone.

GuestFellow
12-28-2011, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos

Men can also have breast cancer, its not a "women's disease."
Salaam,

I know.

How about loosing your balls for as confidence destroyer?
Your scary. :skeleton:

ardianto
12-29-2011, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
Men can also have breast cancer, its not a "women's disease." Albeit rare, but deadly in men as well who get it.
My wife is still in recovery treatment, she visit hospital regularly and meet other people who also got breast cancer. And one of them is male.

جوري
12-29-2011, 12:41 AM
men who get breast cancer usually have klinefelter' syndrome.. in fact most men with breasts have some sort of problem or are taking meds to cause gynecomastia so I wouldn't make fun.

:w:

yas2010
12-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Salaam/Peace

Having read the OP, its such a sad indictement of 'liberal' western society which encourages women to enlarge the breasts with poison in the name of vanity. Just my humble opinion.

Sothis Girl
02-06-2012, 06:52 AM
sorry I don't mean to say anything inapproriate here.
why going to risky implants when you can actually enlarge boobs by much safer way i.e. self-massage and fenugreek? I actually do them both, and they work ;D.

ardianto
02-06-2012, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arachnide
sorry I don't mean to say anything inapproriate here.
why going to risky implants when you can actually enlarge boobs by much safer way i.e. self-massage and fenugreek? I actually do them both, and they work ;D.
For a husband who really love his wife, size does not matter.

My wife lost her left breast, but I still love her. Even I love her more than before she's attacked and survive from breast cancer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!