/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Data Privacy Issues!!

User29123
12-22-2011, 08:10 PM
:sl:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/facebook-to-overhaul-service-in-europe-following-investigation-into-data-privacy-issues/2011/12/21/gIQATtsTBP_story.html

Dec. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Facebook Inc., the world’s biggest social networking site, will overhaul its service in Europe over the next six months as a result of an investigation into how the social network handles personal data.Facebook “has agreed to a wide range of best practice improvements” to its service that will get a formal review in July, the Irish data-protection agency said today, after concluding a three-month audit. Facebook’s Ireland operation is responsible for all the Palo Alto, California-based company’s users outside the U.S. and Canada, the agency said.
I
rish Watchdog also gave FB a warning!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
12-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Facebook = CIA
Nothing new

Beardo
12-24-2011, 12:08 AM
For those of you who DO have Facebook, please "Like" the Jannah Network page here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jannah...24063574322291

Only 6 likes away from 100!!! :)

GuestFellow
12-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I'll be honest. I don't really care. If the government or in the intelligence service wanted information about me, Facebook is not their only source of information. I know I should care...but I don't lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
12-28-2011, 06:01 AM
i think facebook, googe applications and blackberry are all the same thing. though i'm not using bb and i just deactivate fb temporary because i think mostly fb make you feel misreable and sad.

Just use wisely do not upload unnecessary photos don't put locations, phone nos, your real bdates. (remembering the time my gmail was been blocked and had to sent them my id then only they unblocked mine :hmm: talking about trying to hide your real identity :heated:)

islamica
12-28-2011, 06:43 AM
already got a thread going on this - Problem with Facebook

Roasted Cashew
12-28-2011, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Facebook = CIA
Nothing new
Wow, I didn't know that. Well CIA can have fun going through my timeline all they want. Only those who do wrong are afraid of surveillance. I use facebook to socialize with my family and friends abroad and I find it fun. Anyone who sees this as another conspiracy should seriously take a chill pill and relax.

Marina-Aisha
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
on my facebook i only allow my friends to see my posts...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!