/* */

PDA

View Full Version : rosetta stone arabic version

Marina-Aisha
12-24-2011, 06:17 PM
okay so i was shopping the other day there was some stand where someone was selling rosetta stone they had the arabic one on display, i was just wondering if anyone had tried it, if there knew if it was any good..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
12-24-2011, 07:39 PM
I tried it a while back. I only did a bit. Wasn't great tbh since they don't tell you in English what the words mean, you just get photo's. I guess I'm ok if I want to tell someone I saw a man or group of women :D
Btw you can download it by illegal means to give it a go. I think it's quite expensive so isn't something you should buy without trying.
Maybe if more people on here do it, it will inspire me to continue. I can start a thread where we can all tell each other we saw a group of women... oh no wait... wouldn't that just be a duplicate of the Brothers section ;)

Salahudeen
12-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Do you want to learn Arabic to understand Qur'an or because you want to live in arab country and wanna learn the language? The reason I ask is because the arabic that people speak today is different to the arabic of the Qur'an. I'm not sure which arabic rosetta stone teaches but I think its modern arabic not classical fus-ha arabic that is used in the Qur'an..

Crystal
12-24-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't like rosetta because its way too expensive considering there are lots of interactive language learning websites online

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crimsontide06
12-25-2011, 02:24 AM
Arabic speaking friends, family..should help. Also try Books A Million or Barnes and Nobel for translation books, some may be for travel purposes but its still good.

Marina-Aisha
12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
If I download illegally that's stealing right? That's sin! I don't think I could do that. I guess I wanted to use it for both really, learning the Quran and if one day I go to Arab country. So I guess it's only best to use I'd I go travelling. Rosetta stone to suppose to help u learn like when ur baby through pictures and stuff. Thought Sounded kinda cool but I guess I'll try something else. Hw to u guys learn it? Any suggestions?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!