/* */

PDA

View Full Version : general shirk question

serena77
12-24-2011, 11:43 PM
salaams yall
Ive read on forums that there are some things Allah"swt" will not forgive. I was reading something tonight, that Allah (swt) will forgive shirk as long as the sinner repents before death. That if the sinner dies while still in a state of shirk - THEN - thats when the person can not be forgiven...
Is this true?

Jakazallah Khair.
Serena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
12-25-2011, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by serena77
salaams yall
Ive read on forums that there are some things Allah"swt" will not forgive. I was reading something tonight, that Allah (swt) will forgive shirk as long as the sinner repents before death. That if the sinner dies while still in a state of shirk - THEN - thats when the person can not be forgiven...
Is this true?

Jakazallah Khair.
Serena
:wa:

Allah forgives ALL sins including shirk (the association of partners with Allah). The doors of repentance are open and His mercy is extended to all human beings on earth.... until the last stage of death.

If a person does not repent from shirk, he will not be forgiven. This is the only sin at the time of death that Allah will not forgive.

All other sins pale in significance compared to shirk.

A hadith states that if a man were to go to Allah with sins reaching the skies, Allah would forgive him. But the condition is that he must not engage in shirk.

So this is the goal of every Muslim. To meet Allah without shirk (associating partners with Him).

It's a feat that cannot be accomplished without Allah's help for shirk comes in many forms. It is subtle and many people are not even aware that they are engaging in it.

May Allah save us from it! Ameen.

serena77
12-26-2011, 09:17 PM
wasalaams sister riham - i truly appreciate you taking the time to reply w/ such an indepth answer. may Allah reward your kindness and keep you safe and well.

serena

Abu.Yusuf
03-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Salaam. Yes the above answer is good alhamdulillah. Shirk is not forgiven if the person does not repent and dies in that state

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muwaahid
06-24-2012, 05:07 AM
as-salaamu alaylum wa rahmatullaahu wa barakaatuhu
The prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa alal aalihi was.sallam) left us upon baydhaw (illumination) the night of it is equal in brilliance and illumination as the day, no one abandons this path except that he is destroyed. Our beloved mania (afdaalu salaat wa atammu tasleem) taught us a dua we can say that would protect us from major and minor shirk. The dua says, "Allaahumma Inne A'udhu Bika An Ushrika Bika wa Ana A3lam wa Astaghfiruka Lee Maa A3lam. Which translates as " oh Allaah indeed I seek refuge with you from associating partners with you while I know and i seek your forgiveness in the things that i don't know. Ahmad 4/403. See also Al-Albani, Sahih ul-Jami' As-Saghir 3/233 and Sahih ut-Targhib wat-Tarhib 1/19.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!