/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A New Start......

~Zaria~
12-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Assalamu-alaikum all,

Im looking forward to being part of such an interesting and inspiring group of muslims, insha Allah.
I am familiar with a few other members here from another forum (that i have chosen to leave as a result of a rather confused take on Islam that often ensued there.....:(.)

Theres much to tell and share.....but time will reveal that soon, insha Allah.

JazakAllah to all the admin and mods here that manage to hold together a well-grounded and respectable forum.....this is no easy task.....

Well, thats my intro.....chat soon, insha Allah :)

Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jedi_Mindset
12-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Wa alaikum Salaam Sister :)

Glad that you joined this forum, it's very good :) Mash'Allah, brothers and sisters are united for real here

Haya emaan
12-26-2011, 07:09 PM
walaikum assalam

welcome to the IB family sister zaria

hope you will have a beneficial stay here

Ramadhan
12-26-2011, 11:02 PM
:sl:

Welcome to IB!

May you have beneficial and enjoyable stay
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy yourself here and also benefit yourself insha'Allaah.

.. peace ..

Mikayeel
12-26-2011, 11:38 PM

and welcome :)

Yanal
12-27-2011, 01:07 AM

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you enjoy yourself and gain/spread immense knowledge throughout this forum.

Any questions then please don't hesitate to ask:).

~Zaria~
12-27-2011, 07:56 AM
JazakAllah everyone for these kind welcomes.....Im feeling at home already :statisfie

To be honest, coming from another forum.....its been difficult for me to place myself into a new 'community' - that has been so well established.
I see there are members with 5000 - 20000 posts! MASHA-ALLAH!

So, feels strange being such a newbie :hiding:.....

But, Alhamdulillah, Im loving it here already..... :sunny:

Signor
12-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Welcome Sister

There is always difference between things when we switch from one to another for betterment.But after being a member of different forums,I feel the same problems going on regarding an Islamic issues.Yet to find it on IB:heated:
The situation we are facing as a Ummah is what depicting on forums.Though,I am still hopeful and will always be for Allah's help.(its a depressing welcoming post but i prefer to adopt an honest way,forgive me for this)

Regards

Assalamo Alaykum Wr Wb

peace_maker
12-27-2011, 08:12 PM
:welcome: aboard, sis. You'll surely find this place beneficial and enjoyable, inshaallah. :)

Scimitar
12-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Salaam sister Zaria... you made it here too masha-Allah

e-hijra for the WIN lol...

See you around,

Bro Scimi

~Zaria~
12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
JazakAllah for the above/

^bro InsaneIcon - I think the problems occurs when we are prepared not to just 'unite' with our brothers and sisters from different 'sects' and man-made divisions in this ummah (and this is fine), but to tolerate whatever fabrications and half-truths that are promoted by these groups.

I dont mind discussions on what affects this ummah.
But I do mind being fed a version of Islam that is not reflected on Quraan and sunnah.

None of us here has that level of imaan that we are so secure from falling into this web of innovations and lies (esp those that have been occuring of late)......and neither should we encourage such types of debates - its a form of fitnah, if only we knew.....

Just remember:

The great Imaam of Ahlus-Sunnah, Sufyaan al-Thawree [d.167H] said:

"Whoever sits with a person of innovation (bid'ah) cannot escape one of three [3] things:
1. He is a trial and tribulation for others,
2. Something may fall into his heart that remains with him and causes him to enter the Hellfire or he will say,
3. 'By Allaah,I do not care about what they say and I have full confidence in myself.'

Whoever feels that they are not in need of Allaah to safeguard his religion even for the blinking of an eye then He will take it from him."

Before this becomes a thread in its own right, :embarrass .......

Can I PLEASE ask a few things here about this forum (rather than create a new thread)......

- can i change the format of the forum (colour scheme, etc)
- how do i view my posts (without having to go through all the new posts for the day).....i have limited membership, so at the moment i cant access my profile either.....
- do the notifications only reflect new 'likes' ?
- and where do the 'auto-saved' copies of messages go.....i cant find a drafts bin? :?

Maaf, still trying to figure things out here.....:hmm:

JazakAllah in advance.

Salaam :)

Ramadhan
12-29-2011, 11:26 PM
^ wow great post in the introduction thread! masha Allah

welcome to IB!

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
- can i change the format of the forum (colour scheme, etc)
Unfortuntaley no. We used to be able to do that, but the system was upgraded, and it seemed it was not too stable with few options.

- how do i view my posts (without having to go through all the new posts for the day).....i have limited membership, so at the moment i cant access my profile either.....
I am not sure what you are asking here, but yes, when your posts hit 50, you'll be a full member with some perks materialize.
please see this: http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...imited_mem_ber

- do the notifications only reflect new 'likes' ?
You can set notifications for any thread you subscribe, any private message (PM) you receive, any reply to your posts.
But not sure if you can do it as a limited member.

- and where do the 'auto-saved' copies of messages go.....i cant find a drafts bin?
That's a mystery for me too :)
My advice: if you plan to write a long post, write and save it in the word processor first. I have lost a few long posts in the past because of problem with unstable system. That drive me crazy.

Maaf, still trying to figure things out here.....
For a moment there I thought you were speaking bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language) as we use "ma'af" for "sorry", but then I realized that was originated from arabic :)

~Zaria~
12-30-2011, 07:13 AM
^ JazakAllah brother,

That made me smile :)

Thats too bad about the formatting :( .....but im working my mind around this forum....insha Allah, soon it will grow on me :)

Will try the 'subscriptions' feature....else it becomes very difficult to navigate along the topics (i had thought that this would occur automatically....)

Salaam

sis muslimah
01-03-2012, 11:21 PM
:wa:

welcome hope you enjoy it here :)

alhamdulilaah
01-04-2012, 09:38 AM
walaikum as salam,
Welcome to the forum,
Hope you will have great time here.
May Allah give you His love, and love of those who love Him, and deed that would get His love, ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!