/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Prophet - the best example?

Emm87
12-27-2011, 02:48 AM
I think he did and said many great things but best example? No disrespect but he was 50 when he married a 9 yr old little girl. People these days go to jail for that. Every prophet came with great messages but "the best" no such thing as perfect human being.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-27-2011, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emm87
I think he did and said many great things but best example? No disrespect but he was 50 when he married a 9 yr old little girl. People these days go to jail for that. Every prophet came with great messages but "the best" no such thing as perfect human being.
I'm sure someone else will be able to shed some more light than I, but I'd like to point it out from the historical perspective.

As you had mentioned, "people THESE DAYS go to jail for that..." The time frame we are looking at is when people matured much quicker. The daughters were homegrown individuals and were trained from a young age. My own great-grandmother and grandmother got married when they were 13 or 14. But in the previous generation, times changed and people began to marry much later. You'd be surprised by your own family history, I'm sure. :)

Meanwhile, whereas they did marry, but they did not consummate until later.

Also, if you even read into the Middle Ages or even the story of Romeo and Juliet, you will see that women were married at young ages. Even in some cultures around the world today, women and men are married at young ages. It's all about cultural relativism. Just because it is not normal in our society, doesn't mean we can put down other cultures and societies today. In Tibet, brothers marry the same wife (which isn't at all Islamic), but it's cultural relativism. One may be normal in one society isn't normal in another. Does that mean they're wrong? No. In Korea, they eat dogs. Illegal here, right? It's just this stigma we add to everything that is not normal to us in the Western world.

Compassion despite disagreement.

There is no such thing as a perfect human being, you are correct. But the Prophet was as perfect as one can be. He had never sinned. And to put it in perspective, when faced with a situation, perhaps he chose a lesser of two goods, but it was never a sin.

I hope that answers your question. It's definitely a common question nowadays, and I appreciate the respect you had even while seeking an answer to such a sensitive issue.

Muhammad
12-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Greetings,

There are many threads discussing this issue - here is one you can browse: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...phet-pbuh.html

Predator
12-31-2011, 06:28 AM
http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/attachments/quran-hadith-prophet-muhammad/41d1228382076-book-refuting-islamaphobes-claim-prophet-muhammad-pedophile-the_islamaphobes_glass_house.pdf

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
12-31-2011, 07:37 AM
Greetings,

Yes, Mohammed (sallahu alaihi wasalam) is the best example, and created to be a perfect human-being.

Why?
Because Allah, our Creator and Lord says so.

We can go into this and that - trying to find flaws in his nature/ actions/ decisions made.

But, at the end of the day - the conclusion remains the same.....EVEN IF, you can not fully comprehend certain aspects of our beloved prophets (sallahu alaihi wasalam) life.

This is called FAITH.
This is called SUBMISSION to the will of your Creator.

I am not saying that we can not question.
But do realise, that there are some things in life that we, mortals may never be able to FULLY comprehend.
Including the way of life and conditions that prevailed, over 1400 years ago.

And so this is were faith and belief comes in.

Salaam

IslamicRevival
12-31-2011, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emm87
Every prophet came with great messages but "the best" no such thing as perfect human being.
Our Nabi, Peace Be Upon Him is the greatest Man to have ever set foot on this Planet.

Innocent Soul
12-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Do you know that Prophet Muhammad married Khatija (R.A) when he was 25 and Khatija (R.A) was 40 years and a divorcee.

Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much. (Surah Ahzab 33:21)

"We sent you not but as a mercy for all creatures ..." (21:107)

He Who raised among the unlettered ones a Messenger from them, reciting to them His signs, purifies them and instructs them in the Book and the Wisdom. (al-Jumu‘a, 62.2)

You can read these threads for better understanding.

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...e-mankind.html

http://www.huda.tv/articles/prophet-...or-youth-today

aadil77
12-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes he married a 9 year old, but you don't have to follow every example of the prophet, some things are unique to prophets and I think this is one them. Of course the other arguments presented above also apply.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!