/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Hanafi the largest fiqh?

anonymous
12-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Salam Alaikum,

I was wondering, is Hanafi the largest fiqh in the Sunni sect?

I have researched that Hanafis don't raise their hand when going into ruku and after. Having to hear that putting one into sect is haram, then should Muslims go with the strongest hadith that states that one should raise hands after ruku?

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا افتتح الصلاة رفع يديه حذو منكبيه وإذا كبر للركوع رفع يديه وإذا رفع رأسه من الركوع رفع يديه ثم قال سمع الله لمن حمده
Ibn Umar.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-28-2011, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salam Alaikum,
Wa' Alaikum Salam
The right word is the largest madhab, "fiqh" means "thought'. Yes, Hanafi is the madhab that has the largest number of followers from The Four madhab.
I have researched that Hanafis don't raise their hand when going into ruku and after. Having to hear that putting one into sect is haram, then should Muslims go with the strongest hadith that states that one should raise hands after ruku?
Brother and/or sister who have enough knowledge in fiqh can answer this question. Brother Hamza Asadullah maybe?

Hamza Asadullah
12-28-2011, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salam Alaikum,

كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا افتتح الصلاة رفع يديه حذو منكبيه وإذا كبر للركوع رفع يديه وإذا رفع رأسه من الركوع رفع يديه ثم قال سمع الله لمن حمده
Ibn Umar.
:wa:

Yes it is the largest sect. The four Imaams agreed on the fundamentals of Islam but went with the opinion on a certain matter in fiqh with what they thought had the strongest backing from the Quran and Sunnah and they were all correct. Allah had blessed them with such a superior level of understanding and knowledge that there will never be anyone who matches their level of knowledge and understanding.

All four imaams were correct in their opinions and perspectives as they had differences of opinion on certain rulings but differences of opinion is a blessing for the Ummah as it gives us more than one angle and perspective on a certain matter.

Madhabs are methodologies, they are not sects. A sect are Shias. If we follow a particular madhab then we are in fact following the Quran and Sunnah from the understanding and knowledge of the most superiour of Muslims -The four Mujtahid Imaams.

So anyone who follows a particular madhab will be on the correct path but to believe that there is only one right way is wrong as the imaams had the different perspectives and approaches which were all correct. They and their vast level of knowledge, understanding and rulings are such a blessing for the Ummah and a mercy from Allah who has made this deen easy to follow but unfortunately we make things difficult for ourselves due to a lack of knowledge.

So we must respect the differences of opinion of the four imaams and not be intolerant and ignorant so as to think there is only one right way.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!