PDA

View Full Version : Mum in hospital..



Salahudeen
12-27-2011, 11:09 PM
I'd like to request all the brothers and sisters to remember my mum in their dua's please, she's had a turn for the worse and been admitted to hospital. Please say a du'a for her after your salah, that she recovers from this and likes her medication so that she doesn't ever stop it again. jazakAllah khair.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-27-2011, 11:15 PM
I feel your pain. Inshallah, your mom will recover quickly.
Reply

Dagless
12-27-2011, 11:18 PM
I pray she will recover and be home very soon Insha'Allah. Please keep us updated.
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-27-2011, 11:21 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for informing us. Your mother is in my du'aa.

may Allaah SWT grant your mother a speedy recovery, Aameen.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
~Raindrop~
12-27-2011, 11:24 PM
May Allah swt grant her a speedy and lasting recovery.. Ameen thumma Ameen.

I can understand, sometimes all those meds just appear too much and it's easier to ignore it :(

I pray that your mother comes home soonest inshaAllah, in the best of health.
Reply

syilla
12-28-2011, 01:44 AM
May Allah make it easy for you and your family and grant your mother shifa' fast. and may everyone of you cherish and enjoy each other company. aminnn
Reply

Ghazalah
12-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Ameen to all the adiyah.^^

Akhi, try and do dua at the times when they are most likely to be accepted. (last third of the night, when it rains, in prostration etc) Visit her everyday too, she'll be in my duas. imsad

Be sure to keep us updated on her condition inshAllah.
Reply

Salahudeen
12-28-2011, 02:16 AM
JazakAllah khair everyone, I need to gain access over her finances and property cos she's not fit to look after it herself she might do something stupid like sign her property over to a stranger or just give out money, how do I gain control over all her finances so she can't do anything without my permission? She's been sectioned under mental health act, I need to do it now before she gets better so she can't stop me.
Reply

جوري
12-28-2011, 02:18 AM
oh akhi.. I know how stressful & frightening this must be for you. Insha'Allah she'll make a quick speedy recovery and I am keeping you both in my du3a.

:w:
Reply

syilla
12-28-2011, 02:45 AM
i think you need to talk to the lawyer maybe to get court order to freeze her account until she gets better
Reply

aadil77
12-28-2011, 09:05 AM
May Allah give her shifa'a
Reply

Riana17
12-28-2011, 09:12 AM
I understand Brother...

Inshallah your mother will recover soon, Amen.

Perhaps you need to hold all the official documents.
Reply

ardianto
12-28-2011, 10:08 AM
May Allah grant her shifa.

Originally Posted by Salahudeen
JazakAllah khair everyone, I need to gain access over her finances and property cos she's not fit to look after it herself she might do something stupid like sign her property over to a stranger or just give out money, how do I gain control over all her finances so she can't do anything without my permission? She's been sectioned under mental health act, I need to do it now before she gets better so she can't stop me.
Is there an uncle from your mom family? I mean your mom brother who can stand behind you.
Reply

Haya emaan
12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
May Allah grant your mom shifa kamila o ajila.. and may she come back home soon.
Reply

GuestFellow
12-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by syilla
i think you need to talk to the lawyer maybe to get court order to freeze her account until she gets better
Salaam,

That will take too long and it could be expensive.
Reply

Insaanah
12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
:sl:

This must be a very worrying time for you. I will keep your mum in my du'as. May Allah give her a speedy and complete cure, that leaves no trace of illness, ameen, and may He ease all of your affairs, ameen.



‘I ask Allaah The Supreme, Lord of the magnificent throne to cure you’.

Read the above du'a seven times every time you go to visit your mum.

To gain control of your mums finances, would you need a power of attorney (from a solicitor)? If your mum's been sectioned, then would social services or a doctor or police have been involved? If so, then that might be able to speed up getting a power of attorney as they can verify to the solicitor that it is indeed required...

I hope you're not facing this on your own. Do let us know if we (all of your IB brothers and sisters) can be of any help at all.

May Allah help you.

:sl:
Reply

Ansariyah
12-28-2011, 08:18 PM
May Allah grant your mother a quick recovery and bestow upon her good health ameen.
Reply

GuestFellow
12-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Insaanah

To gain control of your mums finances, would you need a power of attorney (from a solicitor)? If your mum's been sectioned, then would social services or a doctor or police have been involved? If so, then that might be able to speed up getting a power of attorney as they can verify to the solicitor that it is indeed required...
:sl:

That is the only solution that I can think of.
Reply

Huzzy_786
12-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Inshallah your mom will be fine, Remember everything is from allah so maybe allah has put her through this difficultly to remove a more tragic one... Inshallah just have hope.
Reply

peace_maker
12-28-2011, 08:44 PM
May Allah give your mum a speedy recovery, Aameen. I'll be sure to keep her in my duas, inshaallah. Brother, try to keep an intention(niah) for your mum to get better. Like certain number of fasts or sacrificing an animal or so on? My dad gives that kinda advice to everyone. Aameen to all the above duas.
Reply

Muhammad
12-28-2011, 08:47 PM
:sl:

I am really sad to hear this akhee, may Allaah (swt) grant your mother a complete and speedy shifaa' that leaves no trace of illness, Aameen.

Remember to do ruqya for her if possible - recite surah Fatihah and the last 3 surahs over her and blow on her each time. Qur'an is a cure for all ilness, whether spiritual, psychological or physical.

Regarding managing financial issues, I am not sure about the exact process you have to undertake. There is something called a 'Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)' which an ill person can appoint when they still have the capacity (i.e. when they can still make decisions for themself). The LPA can then make decisions on their behalf when they no longer have capacity. But if an LPA has not been appointed beforehand, there seems to be some kind of application process to the court enabling you to make decisions for someone else.

Here are some websites with more info:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...meone_else.htm

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...elaw/index.htm

http://www.justice.gov.uk/global/forms/opg/index.htm

There could be other options also - maybe others can shed more light or if you get in touch with someone they can give you accurate advice.

May Allaah (swt) make things easy for you and give you strength and patience in this time of difficulty, Aameen.
Reply

Asiyah3
12-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear that.

May Allah cure her and return her healthy and safe to her family, expiate her sins, and may Allah grant you all and her sabr.
Reply

Beardo
12-28-2011, 09:55 PM
May Allah Ta'ala grant her a full and quick recovery, insha-Allah!
Reply

Ramadhan
12-28-2011, 10:46 PM
May Allah SWT grant your mother speedy syifa and ease your affairs. ameen
Reply

Salahudeen
12-29-2011, 04:45 AM
JazakAllah khair everyone, I need to make an application to the court of protection, will fill it in and send it off, I should be exempt from the fee's cos I'm a student etc thx for all your advice.

very helpful, may Allah reward you all.

Originally Posted by Insaanah
:sl:

This must be a very worrying time for you. I will keep your mum in my du'as. May Allah give her a speedy and complete cure, that leaves no trace of illness, ameen, and may He ease all of your affairs, ameen.



‘I ask Allaah The Supreme, Lord of the magnificent throne to cure you’.

Read the above du'a seven times every time you go to visit your mum.

To gain control of your mums finances, would you need a power of attorney (from a solicitor)? If your mum's been sectioned, then would social services or a doctor or police have been involved? If so, then that might be able to speed up getting a power of attorney as they can verify to the solicitor that it is indeed required...

I hope you're not facing this on your own. Do let us know if we (all of your IB brothers and sisters) can be of any help at all.

May Allah help you.

:sl:
Yes social services and psychiatrists were involved, when I go to the hospital tomorrow I will tell them I need to speak with someone about taking control of my mother's finances etc. I'm surprised they have not talked about this with me all ready.
Reply

Tilmeez
12-29-2011, 06:41 AM
May Allah SWT give her speedy and lasting Shifaa, Inshallah and bring her home soon.
Reply

Endymion
12-29-2011, 03:06 PM
May Allah SWT bless her with speedy recovery and she will be able to spend thousands of happy moments with her family.Aameeen.

Reply

Muslim Woman
12-29-2011, 03:43 PM
:sl:

Ameen to all duas.
Reply

Jedi_Mindset
12-30-2011, 02:08 PM
May Allah(SWT) grant you and your family patience and may HE also cure your mum and grant her a fast recovery Ameen.

There is a good side on it: Maybe Allah(SWT) is forgiving and expiating her sins ;) Insha'Allah
Reply

Galaxy
12-30-2011, 02:51 PM
insha Allah I'll keep your mom in my duas for her recovery
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!