/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Add hometown field in the "basic information-about me" section of the profile

Roasted Cashew
12-28-2011, 02:50 AM
I would like to kindly suggest that the administrators consider adding a hometown field in the "basic information-about me" section of the profile. I would also suggest that it also appears on the left side column of our posts. I am suggesting this because many of us are living abroad but would like to show our affiliation to our native countries and sometimes it becomes tricky to choose between our current location or hometown to be filled in the "location" bar which is currently the only option available. My assumption would be the location bar is suppose to mention your current location as oppose to your hometown..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
12-28-2011, 07:41 PM

Roasted Cashew
12-28-2011, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

:unhappy: But why??

IslamicRevival
12-28-2011, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Roasted Cashew
:unhappy: But why??
Nationalism is a disease.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
12-28-2011, 08:03 PM
:sl:

The location field is very big and has lots of space. Just look at mine. Anyone that particularly wants to state what their hometown is, can do it in the space that currently already exists in that field, after mentioning their current location.

Roasted Cashew
12-28-2011, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Nationalism is a disease.
I am sure it is but stating one's hometown in one's profile doesn't equal to nationalism..:hmm: You have never filled out forms stating your place of birth?? And did you feel that you were being nationalistic while doing it?? Please, let's not make an issue of a non-issue..Sometimes we tend to look too deep into things and read too much into them...:mmokay:

Roasted Cashew
12-28-2011, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:sl:

The location field is very big and has lots of space. Just look at mine. Anyone that particularly wants to state what their hometown is, can do it in the space that currently already exists in that field, after mentioning their current location.
Hmmm, that is a good alternative..

syilla
12-29-2011, 05:41 AM
i have enough of internet wanted to know so much about me...first the google, then the facebook then the yahoo then then then...LI...i feel like someone breathing at the back of my neck. :heated:

Roasted Cashew
12-29-2011, 09:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i have enough of internet wanted to know so much about me...first the google, then the facebook then the yahoo then then then...LI...i feel like someone breathing at the back of my neck. :heated:
you can always leave it empty if u don't want to share certain details...:heated:

~Raindrop~
12-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Sister Insaanah's suggestion is a good one.

Personally, I don't see the need to include location details but for those that want to, the location field is big enough.

marwen
12-29-2011, 03:10 PM
I also suggest to add another field for your credit card code.
I think it will be very beneficial. :nervous:

Roasted Cashew
12-29-2011, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I also suggest to add another field for your credit card code.
I think it will be very beneficial. :nervous:
Now you are just plain blabbering. Care to explain how something so confidential equals to something so common like once hometown?

marwen
12-29-2011, 03:24 PM
^ I dunno, but I think your credit card code is more beneficial information for others than your home town :p (you don't have a sense of humor)
relax bro, and use the location field, your hometown is your location, no?

Roasted Cashew
12-29-2011, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
^ I dunno, but I think your credit card code is more beneficial information for others than your home town :p (you don't have a sense of humor)
relax bro, and use the location field, your hometown is your location, no?
:hiding: I thought you were trying to make fun of my simple request and making an issue of it..Therefore, I missed the humor in it...Haha...ya that would certainly be more benificial:nervous:

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-29-2011, 03:40 PM
What's wrong with the 'Location' field?

Roasted Cashew
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
What's wrong with the 'Location' field?
Nothing is wrong with it..It's just that those of us who are not residing in our hometowns...We might need an extra field. The location field can be used for filling in one's current location whereas the hometown field for one's hometown...

serena77
01-16-2012, 06:21 PM
salaams
I think it would be really cool to have both. I'm only a few hours drive from my hometown, but it would be really cool to know if anyone is close to that area.. and a lot of people are really far from their hometowns and it might be nice for them to know the same..
Serena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!