/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bloodspots in eggs

Insaanah
12-29-2011, 10:41 PM
:sl:

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on something similar before, but can't find it.

Do any knowledgeable members know, with appropriate evidences, what the situation is with regards to the halaalness of eggs that have bloodspots in them?

Sometimes there are small clots floating in the white, mainly brown in colour, which can be easily removed with a spoon, and sometimes the bloodspot or streak is actually stuck on the yolk, such that it is almost part of the yolk. These tend to be red and cannot be removed and will not budge at all (unless you break the yolk in the process and fish that part out).

I cannot find much information on this. At the moment we have been removing the bloodspot if it can be removed, and consuming the egg, but if it is bright red and unremoveable, then we've been discarding it.

One time I had to discard a whole box of eggs, as one after the other, they all had bloodspots. Normally it's just one or two in a box, but today I had four eggs at home, and they all turned out to have bloodspots.

I want to make sure that I'm not eating something I shouldn't be, in eating those that have the removeable blood, and that I'm not unnecessarily wasting in discarding those with stuck on blood (of which there are many), and that I'm doing the right thing.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Jazaakumullah khayr.

EDIT: Also, to mention, that we no longer eat boiled eggs, to avoid this problem, as your egg could turn out to be one with a bloodspot.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-29-2011, 10:51 PM
I found this but it is rabbinical (Kosher) and not sure if it applies to Halal

http://www.kashrut.com/articles/eggs/

~Raindrop~
12-29-2011, 11:25 PM

According to Mufti Ebrahim Desai:
You may eat those eggs, but you must remove the blood dot.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Source

Doesn't say anything about it being attached though.

syilla
12-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Jazakallah khayr for sharing ukhti aisha this is very new to me :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
12-30-2011, 12:52 PM
I never found an egg with bloodspot. But if in the future I find an egg like this, I have know what to do.

Jazakillah Khayr.

MuslimahBarb
12-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Thank you for bring up this subject, Sister. We raise chickens and though I haven't come across the blooddots on any of the eggs, I will know what to do if we do.

JazakAllah Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!