/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Accident prone children

syilla
12-30-2011, 05:29 AM
Assallamualaikumwarahmatullahiwabarakatuh,

Anyone has experienced with accident prone children.

I have a son who is accident prone since 1 year old. countless time falling from bed, countless time bumping his head with noticeable bumps, crashing with others falling on his back and etc, scarring near his eyes accident at the swimming pool (when i asked just a few minutes the accident i saw the blood trickling he said ooo this an old wound :/), a few times been pushed by friends had bleeding lips, hit by stones accident or not causing his head to bleed, falling on his back in the pool and had muscle injury and the latest one advertisement promotions on the restaurant table prick into his eyes and causing eye injury :heated: Alhamdulillah didn't got to his black eye. Now he is 8 years old.

I was wondering how do you handle this type of child. Did you go and meet the expert to manage this? will it go away?

Just like to hear some experiences so that i can decide what are his/ my ways that action need to be taken or improve.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
12-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

Make plenty Dua and teach him Verses like Ayat Ul Kursi (2:255) and 3 Quls and inform him to keep reciting them in the morning and evening and you also do it for him, InshA'Allah it should go away.

ardianto
12-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Assalamualaikum, sister Syilla.

Okay, I'll reveal a secret. If everyone on the forum can see my face, they surely will be surprised to see the bandages and plaster on the forehead. Yes, I got eight stitches in my forehead, and it will leave scars for life.

I got it in Sunday 18 December, in a fun off-road travel by land rover car. Of course, since only a fun off-road I did not wear helmets and seat belts. This is an activity that actually quite safe, even my child to participate as well. But beyond expectations, my head hit the sharp iron. Well, eight stitches.

My wife asked if I was a deterrent? I replied "No. but I would be more careful next time" She shook his head and said "I can not understand, someone else must have a deterrent, but you do not". Well, it is difficult to understand people like me.

In contrast to other teens who spent their adolescence with chasing the girls. I spent my teenage years as a motocross racer who competed in many races without won any race. Of course, the injury was something that familiar to me.

Since childhood I was often injured, either when I run, played roller skate, in skateboarding, in bicycling, kicked when playing football, hit by the ball when playing softball. Also nearly drowned because practicing too hard prior to a swimming competition, vomiting for hours after practice (jump) diving, and many more, and many more.

That's me when I was young. :)

Frankly, your son reminded me of myself when I was young. Active, love to try something, and dare to take risks.

Actually a child like this has its advantages, he's tough. Indeed, there is no guarantee a child like this will be succeed in the future. However, as difficult as any of his life, he will never give up. No matter how hard he fell, he would always get up and running again.

That's why he did not want you know that he was injured in a swimming pool. He was not a deterrent, but he's worried that you would forbid him to swim again.

Of course, there are disadvantages in children like this. They tends to careless and underestimate the situation. That is why they are often injured. Just as I was injured when I was in fun off-road because I underestimated the situation.

So, what should you do?.

Do not forbid him to do his activities, because if you forbid him, he will do it by stealth which is even more dangerous. But always remind him to do his activities safely, and also remind him to always be careful.

It would be better if you put him into a sports club where he would practice something under the supervision of the trainers.

esperanza
12-30-2011, 10:17 AM
dear sister this will passt,,my son between two and four years old cut his head open twice cut his foot badly...and broke his arm seriously and needed operation,,,but it passed..hamdullilah hes is now a tall strong 17 year old
some children are just morec areless and adventurous,,
just make sure you always say mashallah when you or others praise him
mAY ALLAH KEEP HIM SAFE

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
01-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Thank you all so much for the reply it helps alot :)

Abz2000
01-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Sis, my son is like that too, i think it is a small symptom of attention deficiency,
he'll just railroad through things and through people, not look where he's walking, very hyperactive, yet very intelligent Masha Allah,
those kids usually turn out to be the most careless and brave in life.
they evaluate less and do more when it is a time for action
but some will also evaluate later on in life.

I just stick with the prayer for Allah to make him of the rightly guided
and hope for the best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!