PDA

View Full Version : What is your new year resolution?



syed1
12-30-2011, 09:58 PM
2011 has now passed and I am sure we have all had our fair share of ups and downs...

In the masjids and friday prayers it seems all the imams seem to be stressing on one key point: Create a better resolution than the standard "lose weight" or "eat healthy" goals. Instead make a resolution, for example, to pray 5 times a day and not miss a prayer.

Brothers and sisters, this is a time to reflect upon the last year and all our short coming and how we can improve on them. The new year is not a time to celebrate, it is a time to reflect and ponder and face the reality that we are one year closer to our death...

please, I ask you, take a moment and reflect over this verse:

[Taubah 9:126] Do they not observe that they are tested once or twice every year? Yet they do not repent, nor do they heed advice!observe that they are tested once or twice every year? Yet they do not repent, nor do they heed advice!

Brothers and sister, I am not suggesting that you not enjoy your new years but please, enjoy it within limits and be heedful to the reality we are living in. Repent for the mistakes made in the last year and say to your selves you will try your best not to commit them again. Surely, the coming year will have its own long lists of trials and tribulations so prepare well for them and be patient throughout them.

So what is your new year's resolution (it better be a good one)..

For my self: I plan to become a better person in all facets of my life, particularly in regards to my parents and obeying their command without hesitation. Surely, I have not been the most loving or obedient towards them and I wish this will change this year, Inshallah.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-31-2011, 03:06 AM
The common but unrealized mistake that committed by many people in the world is, they made promise "In the next year, I want to be a better person"

My question. If they wanted to be a better person, why did they wait until January 1 ? why didn't they make themselves become a better person since they said that promise ?

:)
Reply

Tyrion
12-31-2011, 03:13 AM
The key to new years resolutions is to make them specific, not vague. My goal is to get back on my old gym schedule, and to start doing some cardio every day. :p:
Reply

syed1
12-31-2011, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by ardianto
My question. If they wanted to be a better person, why did they wait until January 1 ?
its not that people necessarily wait till January 1 to start on there goals, but rather they feel that on this day, its a 'new beginning' if you will and a new start. This day has some sort of motivational affect on an individual and makes them really get started and realize there goals.



Originally Posted by Tyrion
My goal is to get back on my old gym schedule, and to start doing some cardio every day

So much for making "better goals".. so typical "oh I want to work out or get bigger or get in better shape" ...all I hear is blah blah blah
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Did anyone make a new years "resolution" when Muharram approached?
Reply

syed1
12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
I doubt it. Did you ?

probably a rhetorical question...:hmm:
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Yes it was lol! Just wondering what's the big deal with this. I seem to be more and more bothered by it each time I see it, reason being that I see a lot of Muslims practically missing when Muharram comes around but to ecstatic for the gregorian new year. So all in all, I hate it more lol.
Reply

ardianto
12-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Did anyone make a new years "resolution" when Muharram approached?
That's what the khatib said in a juma'ah khutbah.
Reply

syed1
12-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I see a lot of Muslims practically missing when Muharram comes around but to ecstatic for the gregorian new year.
its simple, you are a product of your environment. We live in the North Americas (many of us) or even in other parts of the world like UK and we tend to share experiences that the masses are enjoying.

I don't know why your bothered sister, if muhurrum got as much publicity as the Gregorian calendar does then I am sure people would make adhere to that and make a resolution...
Reply

CosmicPathos
12-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by syed1
its simple, you are a product of your environment. We live in the North Americas (many of us) or even in other parts of the world like UK and we tend to share experiences that the masses are enjoying.

I don't know why your bothered sister, if muhurrum got as much publicity as the Gregorian calendar does then I am sure people would make adhere to that and make a resolution...
I am surprised that if you are a product of your environment, why do not you go out and condone zina and booze?
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 07:10 PM
I told you why I'm bothered. Just because it's done in the west doesn't mean need to adhere to something that isn't ours. I'm sitting right now my dads left the TV on. As I'm typing this Im also hearing fireworks on TV...guess where from..PAKISTAN. Why? You're saying it as if it's bad that Muharram gets publicity. It SHOULD, because is pure by nature and it has relevance to our religion.

If Muslims can't be as excited for a time that has something to do with their deen, just as they are for gregorian new year, then I will always be bothered. FB status's are flooded with new years messages and resolutions but when Muharram rolled around..silence. My cousin messages me on FB, and says "happy new year" as soon as he gives salaam. Now where was he when Muharram approached? I wasn't going to reply to that with a similar response, so I said "yes our new years passed, Muharram Mubarak!"

I hope you won't ask me again, why I'm bothered.

BTW, I live in the west too. Let's all support the kaafirs in the things they do that are an enjoyment for them. Some Muslims are already ok with this.
Reply

syed1
12-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
I am surprised that if you are a product of your environment, why do not you go out and condone zina and booze?
because it's against Islam, just because your a product of your environment doesn't mean you adopt all the negatives ... how could you even ask that question when you already know the answer. Listen I am not advocating celebrating new years, Nor will I be "celebrating" it. But I don't see any harm in adopting western traditions if they by no means are contradicting our beliefs/values/morals. The "new year" is just a "new year" according to a type of calendar. since we live in north america and live day to day lives based on the Gregorian calendar, it makes sense to accept this as the NEW YEAR.. and if people want to get together, celebrate, have dinner whatever the case maybe , so be it.

Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
As I'm typing this Im also hearing fireworks on TV...guess where from..PAKISTAN. Why? You're saying it as if it's bad that Muharram gets publicity. It SHOULD, because is pure by nature and it has relevance to our religion.
Yes I got these emails to from Pakistan from cousins etc. The reason being is because the majority of the world has accepted the Gregorian calendar as a "standard".

And I don't know what made you think that if Muhurrum got more publicity it's a bad thing. I don't think it would be bad at all, if it got more publicity. GREAT!
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 07:34 PM
It's the way it was said, or at least how it came off to me :/.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by syed1
because it's against Islam, just because your a product of your environment doesn't mean you adopt all the negatives ... how could you even ask that question when you already know the answer. Listen I am not advocating celebrating new years, Nor will I be "celebrating" it. But I don't see any harm in adopting western traditions if they by no means are contradicting our beliefs/values/morals. The "new year" is just a "new year" according to a type of calendar. since we live in north america and live day to day lives based on the Gregorian calendar, it makes sense to accept this as the NEW YEAR.. and if people want to get together, celebrate, have dinner whatever the case maybe , so be it.



Yes I got these emails to from Pakistan from cousins etc. The reason being is because the majority of the world has accepted the Gregorian calendar as a "standard".

And I don't know what made you think that if Muhurrum got more publicity it's a bad thing. I don't think it would be bad at all, if it got more publicity. GREAT!
How many people "just" have dinner? The kuffar get drunk/high and God knows what else on new years. And sadly its not the non muslims who partake in this behaviour but muslims here as well.The months of the gregorian calendar are named after some kind of god, it's origins are all paganistic. Fireworks are used as means to "scare" off the evil spirits, originally. I can understand u have no choice to use the gregorian calendar when living in the west but what's the excuse in a muslim country? What's the excuse for celebrating New Years in Muslim countries, when it's all come out of the West?

It's stupid, that's all I know.
Reply

Beardo
12-31-2011, 07:54 PM
I wrote an entire blog post on this :D

http://invalidtruth.com/blog/new-year-resolutions/

*personal plug*

But I don't believe in resolutions. I believe in the here and now. Never delay doing a good thing.
Reply

~Zaria~
12-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Hmm....I think one of the resolutions we can make is to avoid adoptiing the ways of the kuffar.....

Yes, we follow Gregorian calender.
Because - we HAVE to.....we have no choice.

But, this is where it should begin, and this is where it should end for us.
January 1st - is just a day, like any other - to a Muslim.

To the kuffar - January 1st - is a day for partying, getting drunk and having a good time.....by any means necessary in most cases.
And in the midst of all this stupor - to try and reflect on the past God-forsaken year, and then try to make some 'resolution' to try harder in the next year......
But first, lets get drunk, high and way-ward before the clock strikes 12! ^o)

Brother, I understand the meaning behind this thread.
Please do not get me wrong.

I just think that perhaps its wrong timing......

Also, if we, as muslims, want to resolve to make any changes in our lives - we should do it NOW.
In fact 'now' is already too late.....we should have done it yesterday, if not last year......

Life is fleeting by.
Here today, gone tomorrow.

So, if you wish to make any changes - make sure your intention is sincere, that you are doing so for the pleasure of Allah (subhanawata ála)......and make that change NOW.....even if its still 31 December :)

Salaam
Reply

~Zaria~
12-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Just read something insightful on FB (:hiding:.....ok, so i still go there from time to time.....:hiding:):

Non Muslims - NEW Year & More SINS to Discover in Dunya

Muslims - FEW Years & NEW DEEDS to Earn In Dunya


Alhamdulillah, for our Imaan!
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by ardianto
That's what the khatib said in a juma'ah khutbah.
Who? In Indonesia? =D
Reply

♥ Sofia ♥
12-31-2011, 10:06 PM
:salamext:

can't stand relying on a calendar to change my ways... any changes i need to make will be down to myself and allah (swt) and will insha'Allah be made asap!
Reply

Tyrion
12-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Uhm, if you don't like new years, or the idea of Muslims using the gregorian calender, then get out of this thread. Does everything have to turn into an argument about following "kuffar" ways? Seriously, lets just stick to the topic and share new years resolutions.
Reply

♥ Sofia ♥
12-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tyrion
Uhm, if you don't like new years, or the idea of Muslims using the gregorian calender, then get out of this thread. Does everything have to turn into an argument about following "kuffar" ways? Seriously, lets just stick to the topic and share new years resolutions.
no offence akhi and i'm not trying to pick a fight but does imitating the kuffar not hold any significance in your life? it's a valid point people have raised, and new years has no basis in islam - same as christmas, easter, valentines day, etc.
Reply

~Zaria~
12-31-2011, 11:40 PM
Another jewel from FB (i know, FB is on fire tonight, lol :p )

One christian celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr...
One hindu Slaughtered A Goat On Eid-Ul-Adha...
One jew fasted in the month of ramadan...

Did you ever heard the above statements??
No isnt it...?

But You Will see This from your Own Eyes......

Muslims celebrated New Years day....Valentines day...Christmas...Diwali...April Fool...Raksha Bandhan...Fathers Day...Mothers Day...

Makes you think, doesnt it?
Reply

syed1
12-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by ♥ Sofia ♥
no offence akhi and i'm not trying to pick a fight but does imitating the kuffar not hold any significance in your life? it's a valid point people have raised, and new years has no basis in islam -
Do muslims imitate the kafirs' in regards to how they treat there parents, or how they are with there spouses or children or elders or what they eat/drink ?

The answer is no...We're muslims, we're not stupid and we are fully capable of picking the good from the bad.

So what if we are imitating them and making a resolution? who cares? do you see and negative outcomes of this? I can only see positives, that muslims among others are entering the new year with a positive attitude to bring some change in their lives.

I completely agree with Tyrion , stick to the topic...



Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
One christian celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr...
One hindu Slaughtered A Goat On Eid-Ul-Adha...
One jew fasted in the month of ramadan...

Did you ever heard the above statements??
No isnt it...?

the above statements have no merit here... those are religious or holy days, ex. example easter and Eid where as new years is a tradition, it is cultural so please don't compare the two..
Reply

Marina-Aisha
12-31-2011, 11:56 PM
idont see any point in it,everyone seems to break them anyways...i just want to try and do more good deeds and try to be better person..buti try do that anyways not just for new year hehe
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tyrion
Uhm, if you don't like new years, or the idea of Muslims using the gregorian calender, then get out of this thread. Does everything have to turn into an argument about following "kuffar" ways? Seriously, lets just stick to the topic and share new years resolutions.
We are on an islaamic forum. If we can't talk about it here, then where do you want us to talk about it, to the wall? It's not about arguments, but the reality of these issues. Truth is, a lot of Muslims look at is as a day where they can't do "anything" fun, which is sad. Instead of promoting a day that doesn't belong to us, but promote a day that does.

Don't expect it to be swiped under the carpet just because you probably like taking some part in it. You are no one to kick anyone out of any thread.

Id like to see people this excited for Muharram. Ridiculous. I will probably leave now because I'm not Gunna waste a couple more moments of my life explaining something that should be understandable to a Muslim. Khalas!

:sl:
Reply

Rhubarb Tart
01-01-2012, 12:16 AM
:sl:


People should create a different topic about whether people should have New Year resolution.

My overall goal this year is to:
Change my job
Find good primary schools in my area and start applying
Visit relatives in Japan
Teach my nephew to drive a car
Seek my hours in my volunteering job
Reply

GuestFellow
01-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Tyrion
Uhm, if you don't like new years, or the idea of Muslims using the gregorian calender, then get out of this thread. Does everything have to turn into an argument about following "kuffar" ways? Seriously, lets just stick to the topic and share new years resolutions.
Salaam,

Members are allowed to express their opinions and engage in a debate...of course accordance with the forum rules.
Reply

ardianto
01-01-2012, 03:31 AM
New Year means:
- New spirit
- New motivation
- New business
- New car
- New house
- New wife

That's common resolution of Indonesian men. Just kidding, of course.
Reply

ardianto
01-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by sweet106
My overall goal this year is to:
Change my job
Find good primary schools in my area and start applying
Visit relatives in Japan
Teach my nephew to drive a car
Seek my hours in my volunteering job
Actually these are not resolution, but plans.

Example of resolution : I should be better next year, I should be success
Reply

~Zaria~
01-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by syed1
Do muslims imitate the kafirs' in regards to how they treat there parents, or how they are with there spouses or children or elders or what they eat/drink ?

The answer is no...We're muslims, we're not stupid and we are fully capable of picking the good from the bad.

So what if we are imitating them and making a resolution? who cares? do you see and negative outcomes of this? I can only see positives, that muslims among others are entering the new year with a positive attitude to bring some change in their lives.
Assalamu-alaikum,

Akhi, are serious when you say this?
Really?

If so, all I can say is: Wake Up please, and look around you.



the above statements have no merit here... those are religious or holy days, ex. example easter and Eid where as new years is a tradition, it is cultural so please don't compare the two..
Akhi, again.....please consider what u are actually saying.

The examples I have given above is the sad reality of the state of the ummah.
Yes - its SAD that we find ourselves imitating the kuffar in just about EVERYTHING in life.

What we eat, the way we dress, the activities we engage ourselves in.....if a muslim was to walk down the street, we no longer can even recognise him as such - as a MUSLIM - reflecting the sunnah of our Nabi (sallahu alaihi wasalam).

And now we have muslims who say, 'so what if we are imitating them and making a resolution......'

The problem is not making a resolution.

The problem is imitating them.....we have lost our identity as muslims in just about everything else in life.

And do not under-estimate seemingly 'small' things such as this.
Every sin starts off as something 'small'.....this is how Shaytaan works.
And it is bit by bit that our imaan gets eroded in the process.

What sounds like a small/ insignificant deviation from the practises of Islam, holds the cards to many other fitnahs <-- Please contemplate on this, insha Allah.


And lastly, New Years day does indeed have its foundations deeply rooted in paganistic beliefs......if only we but knew, before we went about whistling 'Happy new year' to everyone.




The Romans dedicated this day to Janus, the god of gates, doors, and beginnings. After Julius Caesar reformed the calendar in 46 BC and was subsequently murdered, the Roman Senate voted to deify him on the 1st January 42 BC [1] in honour of his life and his institution of the new rationalised calendar.[2]

The month originally owes its name to the deity Janus, who had two faces, one looking forward and the other looking backward.

This suggests that New Year's celebrations are founded on pagan traditions.

Some have suggested this occurred in 153 BC, when it was stipulated that the two annual consuls (after whose names the years were identified) entered into office on that day, though no consensus exists on the matter.[3] Dates in March, coinciding with the spring equinox, or commemorating the Annunciation of Jesus, along with a variety of Christian feast dates were used throughout the Middle Ages, though calendars often continued to display the months in columns running from January to December.

Among the 7th century pagans of Flanders and the Netherlands, it was the custom to exchange gifts at the New Year.

This was a pagan custom deplored by Saint Eligius (died 659 or 660), who warned the Flemings and Dutchmen, "(Do not) make vetulas, [little figures of the Old Woman], little deer or iotticos or set tables [for the house-elf, compare Puck] at night or exchange New Year gifts or supply superfluous drinks [another Yule custom]." The quote is from the vita of Eligius written by his companion, Ouen.

Most countries in Western Europe officially adopted January 1 as New Year's Day somewhat before they adopted the Gregorian calendar. In England, the Feast of the Annunciation on March 25, was the first day of the new year until the adoption of the Gregorian Calendar in 1752. The March 25 date was known as Annunciation Style; the January 1 date was known as Circumcision Style, because this was the date of the Feast of the Circumcision, being the eighth day of Jesus' life, counting from December 25 when he was believed to be born. This day was christened as the beginning of the New Year by Pope Gregory as he designed the Liturgical Calendar.




(Im unable to posts links as yet......from: Wikipedia)


Salaam
Reply

ardianto
01-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Although I do not celebrate Gregorian new year I have resolution and plans for 2012. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Yes, we follow Gregorian calender.
Because - we HAVE to.....we have no choice.
No one forbid us to use Hijri calendar.
Reply

♥ Sofia ♥
01-01-2012, 11:24 AM
there's nothing wrong in planning forward... that's just being organised. it doesn't need to be associated with the new year at all.
Reply

IslamicRevival
01-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Too much hate in this thread. If you dislike the Gregorian Calendar, why the hell are you following it? why don't you Migrate if its bothering you so badly? My resolution? Like every other day..become a better Muslim and a person.

Happy New Year!
Reply

ardianto
01-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Even this forum use Gregorian calendar. Look at our "Join Date" in the left side.
Reply

peace_maker
01-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh, it's time to change the calendar already..... :hmm:
Reply

ardianto
01-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by peace_maker
Oh, it's time to change the calendar already.....
No. Just use dual calendar, like in Indonesia.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Vision
Too much hate in this thread. If you dislike the Gregorian Calendar, why the hell are you following it? why don't you Migrate if its bothering you so badly? My resolution? Like every other day..become a better Muslim and a person.

Happy New Year!
That's such a bad comment to make. Seeing as you fail to realize how many of us didn't choose to be in the West nor how many of us unable to leave. How many of us are still under the roof of our parents and cant just get up and leave. Also you just knocked out the whole fact that they aren't Gunna just let u get up. Leave n fly to wherever u want nor step into any country you want! So before u get emotionally haywired over somethin like new years, think a little.

When Muharram next approaches, I'll be looking forward to a thread thr same people that love new years, with all it's crud involved in it. Let me start writing my dates islaamically in uni, hey my professors will have learned something! Alhamdulillaah! Actually not a bad idea...

If people cant express these same feelings here for our year as they do for a day where people behave like lunatics :P then that's a sad problem. You don't see the world working to use our calendar or anything, but we do a pretty good job of promoting theres.

At least if someone is going to respond to any of the points against new years celebration, have a good point to make, not the usual emotional bashing.

FYI, the issue is with new years not the gregorian calendar per se. You have no choice for that, living in the west.
Assalaamu alaykum!
Reply

♥ Sofia ♥
01-01-2012, 02:54 PM
imo the problem isn't the gregorian calendar. most of us have no choice but to follow it because that's the time system that our daily lives are scheduled around.

we don't not celebrate christmas because it falls on december 25th... rather, we don't celebrate it because of the kufr associated with it. and i'm sure i won't have to explain what's wrong with celebrating christmas.

planning something for your life isn't wrong, but new year resolutions... i personally find them distasteful because life in this world is too short to depend on a certain day to progress in your life. you may die on new years day, who knows? you'll die before you complete a deed that depends on your akhirah, then what? you'll say to allah (swt) that you were waiting for a certain date after the new year to complete such and such a deed?

CELEBRATING the new year is the problem. going out, getting drunk, partying... why? all over a date change? please. even returning the greeting is a sign of approval. now, you may say that not all kuffar celebrate the new year in such a way, but we can't make exceptions for that handful because new year celebration IS all about partying, etc - that's the first thing that comes to most people's minds. also; true, not all people who celebrate christmas believe in jesus, but we still don't return their greeting upon the same basis that the holiday itself holds NO BASIS in islam and is not prescribed in islam in ANY WAY.

as for new year resolutions, do what you wish according to your own belief. but taking part in new year celebrations is something that we shouldn't have to pick and choose - we just shouldn't celebrate it. i'm not a scholar but i feel that new year resolutions (aka plans that are associated with the arrival of the new year!) sort of feed in to approval of such a celebration.

the Prophet (saw) said: "Whoever imitates a people is one of them."

loads of you may not agree with me and think my stance is 'extreme' but take what i've said into consideration, jazakallah khayr.
Reply

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-01-2012, 02:58 PM
It's not extreme, people are just losing touch on things...
Reply

GuestFellow
01-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Here's my new year resolution:

To establish a good sleeping pattern.

To ignore annoying people.
Reply

Salahudeen
01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Here's my new year resolution:

To establish a good sleeping pattern.

To ignore annoying people.
I slept properly for 3 days at the same time every day, then last night I just lay in bed trying to sleep and consequently got up late :(
Reply

peace_maker
01-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm sure Syed had no bad intentions behind this thread. He only started it to share each others resolutions, and perhaps this is a way of motivation too. He is not supporting the celebration either. I don't see what the big deal is, why everyone is making a big fuss. The topic is not 'to celebrate new year or not' instead it's about new year resolutions. If you have any, just mention it. If not don't.... Or if you have made resolutions on the Hijri new year, go ahead and share them. Nobody stopped you...... Now, stop making off-topic posts, and stick to the topic.
Reply

Pukandi baba
01-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by ardianto
The common but unrealized mistake that committed by many people in the world is, they made promise "In the next year, I want to be a better person"

My question. If they wanted to be a better person, why did they wait until January 1 ? why didn't they make themselves become a better person since they said that promise ?

:)
Some people use it as a method of beginning what they want to use/achieve. Sadly most fail by the time it's February! ^o)
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-01-2012, 07:07 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Personally, everyday is a day for one to improve, and not just some specific year or date to improve ourselves..We never know if will ever live till the following day. Wa'Allaahu Alam.

However, our main goal is for the ummah to unite at the moment, we need to focus on improving ourselves before we focus on others, but ofcourse to warn others if they are doing wrong to the best of our abilities inshaa'Allaah ..

Originally Posted by Tyrion
Uhm, if you don't like new years, or the idea of Muslims using the gregorian calender, then get out of this thread. Does everything have to turn into an argument about following "kuffar" ways? Seriously, lets just stick to the topic and share new years resolutions.
There is no need to be rude, as muslims are we meant to be causing peace between one another or hate? Subhaan'Allaah, we should be careful in how we speak to others.

However, I remind myself before I remind others.

Originally Posted by syed1
Do muslims imitate the kafirs' in regards to how they treat there parents, or how they are with there spouses or children or elders or what they eat/drink ?

So what if we are imitating them and making a resolution? who cares? do you see and negative outcomes of this? I can only see positives, that muslims among others are entering the new year with a positive attitude to bring some change in their lives.
Isn't there a hadeeth that states that 'One who imitates the kuffar is one of them'? So i believe we should care as muslms, those whom submit to the will of Allaah SWT.

.. peace ..
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!