/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What can I buy for my 2 year old and 3-4 year old cousin?

Salahudeen
12-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Want to get them both something but don't know what. Last time I got her a gift it was ages ago and she still remembers me from that gift, whenever she see's me which is not often, she gets them out and goes "look this is what you bought me remember" ;D

They have enough clothes, their mum went crazy on boxing day sales.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-31-2011, 07:54 PM
I just give people money and let them buy whatever they want. Makes my life so much easier. I hate shopping.

Beardo
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
I just give people money and let them buy whatever they want. Makes my life so much easier. I hate shopping.
Yes, Tragic. She's going to give her 2-year-old cousin some money along with a bus pass so he can buy whatever he wants. :exhausted ^o)

Well, you know those sketchadoodle type things? Here's an example. You can get a small one for the little one a bigger one for the older child:
Attachment 4502

GuestFellow
12-31-2011, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

Yes, Tragic. She's going to give her 2-year-old cousin some money along with a bus pass so he can buy whatever he wants. :exhausted ^o)
Well it depends on the age. I give the money to the parents if the child is very young. They will buy toys/clothes for the kids. It works all the time for me.

I have a 9 year old nephew and gave him £300. He decided to buy an Xbox 360.

I have noticed people tend to be more happy if you give them money LOL.

It is not conventional but very effective.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Reflections
12-31-2011, 10:24 PM
AsSalaamu 3alaykum,

Oh the boxing day sales :wub:

You can get her some islamic toy/book or on the girly side of things, buy her little accessories for her hair or jewellery, or buy her a barbie doll..(not). Or like someone suggested, give her money..alternatively you can take her to Toys 'R Us and let her choose something.

♥ Sofia ♥
12-31-2011, 10:26 PM
:salamext:

i like interactive books where you press buttons and sounds come out :D my lil cousins seem to have a lot of those. lol. i probably enjoy them more than they do

Abz2000
12-31-2011, 10:33 PM
i get islamic cartoon dvds at the mosque bookshop

Ramadhan
01-01-2012, 01:38 AM
What a coincidence! Two days ago I bought my 2 yo nephew Thomas the Tank Engine toys, also operable with batteries.

He loves it!

Haya emaan
01-01-2012, 05:31 PM
few days back i visited a book fair and there was some Islamic stuff for children at one stall.. they had such a brilliant education stuff for kidz; personality building folders, manner folders, wall charts (of hadiths quotes) quizes and puzzles books on different Islamic topics, stickers with Islamic expressions and more and all were so beautifully designed. Much stuff was for those children who just started their education. i wanted to buy that all but what was i going to do with it. i dont have any one of that age in my family:hmm:. i wished i had little cozns whom i can gift all that :heated:

you can give some thing like that stuff

Huzzy_786
01-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I'll be honest, Dont give them something 'big' because as they grow up they would expect you to give them something even more bigger... So stick to something there age..

You get these small cute laptops which say arabic letters etc.. Could be usefull.

Beardo
01-01-2012, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ♥ Sofia ♥
:salamext:

i like interactive books where you press buttons and sounds come out :D my lil cousins seem to have a lot of those. lol. i probably enjoy them more than they do
'

lol, I can relate. I love those too.

My favorite are trains. o.o Get them trains. And then I can come over for a play date.

questions123
01-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Just get something similar like you have before. Its the thought that counts. She still remembers and likes what you gave before, so whatever you get will be good =).

sis muslimah
01-03-2012, 12:31 AM
pop-up books :D

syilla
01-03-2012, 05:40 AM
I don't like buying toys to my children they don't appreciate it. it only last a few weeks then the parts are everywhere. :heated:

buy them educational dvds, diy like puzzles/blocks/arts, bubblez (oops wrong spelling ;D caught in the act), samsung tab or iphone (thats the trend now :phew)

Beardo
01-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Puzzles are good. Or even a plushy pillow or something. Balls?

IslamicRevival
01-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Attachment 4516

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!