/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Iblees in the world of Jin?

Samiun
01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
:sl: I asked this question to myself, if Iblees existed where would he be? Since he is a Jin, is he living in the Jin world right now? If so, is he oppressing the Muslim Jinns who are currently living there to worship Allah S.W.T.? I wonder if they(jin) can see Iblees and syaitan, how would the Muslims of that world fight them off then since Iblees wont die and be thrown to hell after the day of judgement and syaitan would also be there as a follower?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
He lives at a theatre near you..

CosmicPathos
01-02-2012, 03:16 AM
of course iblees is a jinn so I guess hes in the world of jinn.

~ Sabr ~
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
:wasalamex

Let us Insha'Allah concentrate on bringing our own deeds up to scratch, and not worry about who can/cannot see the shaytan. This is all in Allah's knowledge, and the knowledge that doesn't bring us benefit in this world or the Aakhirah, it is better to not gain it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu.Yusuf
03-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Agree with the above reply.

Although it may be interesting to know the world of the jins, we should not be concerned about it more than Allaah [swt] and His Messenger [saw] have informed. Like already said, we should focus on our deeds and focus how we can confront and challenge the Shayaateen of the humans.

Scimitar
03-17-2012, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
I wonder if they(jin) can see Iblees and syaitan
Iblees/Shaytaan - same devil, different names. I prefer calling him Shaytaan because he doesn't like that name.

Scimi

Signor
03-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Iblees,Lucifer,Satan,Shaytaan,Devil.......same character

Hulk
03-23-2012, 05:53 PM
They are certainly in the realm of the unseen. I thought I heard somewhere before that they live in your houses and that they will make their presence unknown whenever you are around. But I read something else that said that they are not supposed to be in people's houses. I think the interesting thing about it is that our belief actually has an explanation for supernatural occurrences. We are told not to be afraid of them.

Abu dujjana
08-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Theirs actually a lot of misconceptions about the jinn world but as far my limited knowledge goes he does live in the jinn world where we know he has many other small shayateen under him. As for the jinns they can see iblees and its not like they constantly fight each other a relative of my mine is a raaqi and over the years he has learned many things about the jinn world

Samiun
08-14-2013, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Iblees/Shaytaan - same devil, different names. I prefer calling him Shaytaan because he doesn't like that name.

Scimi
I thought Iblees is the leader of the Shaytaan and Shaytaan is the followers of Iblees? Iblees himself is the leader of the Shaytaan until the end of time.

Signor
08-15-2013, 08:04 AM
if Iblees existed where would he be? Since he is a Jin, is he living in the Jin world right now?
Jabir (Radi Allah Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Iblis places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating dissension) ; the nearer to him in tank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: I did so and so. And he says: You have done nothing. Then one amongst them comes and says: I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him.[Sahih Muslim: Book 039 'Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar', Number 6755]

If so, is he oppressing the Muslim Jinns who are currently living there to worship Allah S.W.T.?
In order to make a contact,Humans uses mediumship while Jinns have ability to shape shifts and/or taking materialized form.No matter who takes the initiative,its forbidden in Islam.We are not supposed to know whats going on in their realm because we are not allowed to do so.Any stories relating to Muslim Jinn to Muslim Human contact don't hold authoritative value.

I wonder if they(jin) can see Iblees and syaitan, how would the Muslims of that world fight them off then since Iblees wont die and be thrown to hell after the day of judgement and syaitan would also be there as a follower?
With this highlighted statement,I guess you know the following:

He said: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up."

(Allah) said: "Be thou among those who have respite."

He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way:
"Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude (for thy mercies)."

(Allah) said: "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee,- Hell will I fill with you all.
—Quran sura 7 (Al-Aʻraf), ayah 14-18

But you need to know this too:

Although his request was granted, Allah also warns Shaytaan that he would have no authority over his sincere ʻubūd 'devoted servants'.

"As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them:" Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs.
—Quran, sura 17 (Al-Isra), ayah 65

I thought Iblees is the leader of the Shaytaan and Shaytaan is the followers of Iblees? Iblees himself is the leader of the Shaytaan until the end of time.
Ibn Masud, Ibn Abbas and a group of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that Iblis had been the head of the angels in the worldly heavens. Ibn Abbas said in one narration that his name had been Azazil and in another narration he said it had been Al Harith. Ibn Abbas also said that Iblis was a jinn and that they had once been the keepers of Paradise, with Iblis the most honorable and the most learned and the most pious of them.

(Excerpt from Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir)

Shaytaan(plural:Shayateen) is the common name used for the followers of Iblis and often used interchangeably for Iblis himself.Lets not confuse yourself.

And Allah Knows Best

Assalamu Alaikum

h-n
08-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Already written about Devils if your interested;-

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134298162-devils.html

A
lso there are Muslims, but as the devils are openly evil in there world unlike this world, humans mostly hide behind good intentions. We have the same test in both of our worlds, the good jinn are not the bodyguards of humans, neither do we need their protection except Allah's. Why would they need to wage war against Satan and all the devils? They accept that Allah is testing people, and that this world is not a "safe haven" from evil accept in heaven.

Chase
07-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Iblees was definitely not one of the angels. Here is a verse and a Hadith that say so:

"And (remember) when We said to the angels: 'Prostrate yourselves unto Adam.' So they prostrated themselves except Iblees (Satan). He was one of the jinn"

[al-Kahf 18:50]

Al-Hasan al-Basri said: Iblees was never one of the angels, not even for an instant. He is the father of the jinn, just as Adam (peace be upon him) is the father of mankind.

This was narrated by al-Tabari with a saheeh isnaad as stated by Ibn Katheer in his Tafseer, 3/89.

Signor
07-20-2014, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chase
Iblees was definitely not one of the angels.
It seems you are pointing towards this:

format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Ibn Masud, Ibn Abbas and a group of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that Iblis had been the head of the angels in the worldly heavens. Ibn Abbas said in one narration that his name had been Azazil and in another narration he said it had been Al Harith. Ibn Abbas also said that Iblis was a jinn and that they had once been the keepers of Paradise, with Iblis the most honorable and the most learned and the most pious of them.

(Excerpt from Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir)
And this is why I've quoted my source....

If you wish to read more detailed reply,there you have a link

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1606088

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!