/* */

PDA

View Full Version : WLAN Card ?

Beardo
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
My WLAN card is outdated or something on my old laptop so for internet, I have to use a cable directly to the router. Would it be possible to just add one of those wifi USB things which would replace the use of a WLAN card?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-01-2012, 08:37 PM
what standard is it?

b/g/n/a?

n : is the newest standard.

it could be that your laptop has an old standard which cannot function with your access point...so just buy a wireless USB adapter

Beardo
01-01-2012, 08:44 PM
So a wireless usb adapter would replace the use of my WLAN card, right?

Cabdullahi
01-01-2012, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
So a wireless usb adapter would replace the use of my WLAN card, right?
yup.shouldnt cost you more than ten dollars

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
01-01-2012, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cbdullahii
yup.shouldnt cost you more than ten dollars
Which one should I get?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...rnid=386442011

IslamicRevival
01-01-2012, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
My WLAN card is outdated or something on my old laptop so for internet, I have to use a cable directly to the router.
If you have a wireless card built in, try updating the drivers. Device manager > Network Adapter > Double click card device > Driver > Update

Would it be possible to just add one of those wifi USB things which would replace the use of a WLAN card?
Yup, Wireless USB dongle. (I'd recommend Netgear)

Beardo
01-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I tried updating but it didn't work. I just purchased it. Jazakallahu Khair, guys! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!