/* */

PDA

View Full Version : King AbdulAziz University, Jeddah - Scholarships for MS and PhD

AabiruSabeel
01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
:sl:

King AbdulAziz University, Jeddah is providing scholarship for graduate and doctoral programs for foreign students. If anyone is interested, please inform them. Visit this link for application: http://dgsscholarship.kau.edu.sa/Def...=306200&lng=EN

Admission Requirements
Interested candidates should visit KAU website http://dgsscholarship.kau.edu.sa for more details.
Online application form is usually available from November to February

Disciplines available for Ph.D

Faculty of Science
BIOLOGY, STATISTICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOCHEMISTRY, MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS

Faculty of Engineering
CIVIL ENGINEERING, THERMAL ENGINEERING AND DESALINATION, MINING ENGINEERING, ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING, CHEMICAL ENGINEERING,AERONAUTIC ENGINEERING

Faculty of Meteorology, Environment Arid Land Agriculture
ARID LAND AGRICULTURE, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES, METEOROLOGY, HYDROLOGY AND WATER RESOURCES MAN

Faculty of Arts & Humanities
ARABIC LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE, ISLAMIC LAW AND STUDIES, SOCIOLOGY , INFORMATION SCIENCE

Faculty of Marine Science
MARINE BIOLOGY, MARINE PHYSICS, MARINE CHEMISTRY, MARINE GEOLOGY

Faculty of Environmental Design
URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING

Faculty of Computing & Information Technology
COMPUTER SCIENCE

Disciplines available for M.Sc

Faculty of Science
BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, BIOCHEMISTRY, MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS,A stronomical Sciences

Faculty of Engineering
THERMAL ENGINEERING AND DESALINATION, MINING ENGINEERING, ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING, CHEMICAL ENGINEERING, AERONAUTIC ENGINEERING,Production
Engineering & Mechanical System Design,

Faculty of Meteorology, Environment Arid Land Agriculture
ARID LAND AGRICULTURE, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES, METEOROLOGY, HYDROLOGY AND WATER RESOURCES MAN

Faculty of Arts & Humanities
ARABIC LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE, ISLAMIC LAW STUDIES, SOCIOLOGY, PSYCHOLOGY, INFORMATION SCIENCE

Faculty of Marine Science
MARINE BIOLOGY, MARINE PHYSICS, MARINE CHEMISTRY, MARINE GEOLOGY

Faculty of Environmental Design
URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING, Architecture

Faculty of Computing & Information Technology
COMPUTER SCIENCE

Admission requirements

1. Age does not exceed (35) years for Ph.D, and (30) years for M.Sc..
  2. An approved official academic qualification of grade not less than "Very Good", if the degree offered in grades in the applicant home country.
  3. One of the following Score in English language exams:

Exam type Score
TOEFL (PBT) 500
TOEFL (CBT) 173
TOEFL (IBT) 61
IELTS 5
4. Fluency in Arabic Language is required for applicants applying for Islamic Law and Studies, Arabic Language, Psychology, and Information Science.
5. Good conductance and medical condition.
6. Two recommendation letters from previous instructors.
7. Applicant should not be dismissed from one of the educational institutions in Saudi Arabia.

Tasks and duties of scholarship student

In addition to joining graduate study programs, scholarship student should carry out suitable academic and technical work for his specialization, so that this will not affect his academic performance and education quality of KAU.

You can access the Application form by directly clicking on this link:

https://ags.kau.edu.sa/outpsgadm/INDEX.ASP

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
01-03-2012, 05:21 AM
my brother`s friend just graduated from KAUST. I am not too sure what to think of the uni.

Ramadhan
01-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I am surprised the required TOEFL and IELTS scores are that low.

AabiruSabeel
01-03-2012, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
my brother`s friend just graduated from KAUST. I am not too sure what to think of the uni.
KAUST and KAU are different universities. KAUST is King Abdullah University which is located some 70 Km north of Jeddah.

KAU is King AbdulAziz University located in Jeddah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I am surprised the required TOEFL and IELTS scores are that low.
Yes, since Saudi Arabia is not an English Speaking country.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
01-03-2012, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Yes, since Saudi Arabia is not an English Speaking country.
What is the language of instruction used in the KAU? Arabic or english?

For example: I know many universities in non english speaking countries where english is used as language of instruction, especially in advanced degrees programs.

Ramadhan
01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Anyway, this is very valuable information Jazakallah khayr, I will pass this info on to people I know who might be interested in applying.

AabiruSabeel
01-04-2012, 04:21 AM
Yes, medium of instruction is English for graduate courses.

CosmicPathos
01-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Oops, apologize for the confusion. Are you located in Saudi?

Ramadhan, I think they want to increase access to higher education and high toefl scores would be a hindrance since most students are not good in English. And to be honest with you, scoring low on TOEFL does not mean your English is poor. I got very high score on TOEFL but my English writing skills were really poor.

AabiruSabeel
05-02-2018, 07:13 PM
The first post is updated for those who are interested. Admissions are currently closed and they will re-open in November :ia:.

For those who want to study Arabic and get a 2-year diploma in Arabic Language, they can apply from this link: https://dcafl.kau.edu.sa/

Diploma Certificate in Arabic as a Foreign Language (DCAFL) Scholarship

This full scholarship is available to international students, based on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s relation with their countries. The DCAFL by the Arabic Language Institute at King Abdulaziz University is a two-year full time study program consisting of 60-credit hours. The program is designed to develop the students’ linguistic competence in Arabic in all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. It also focuses on using Arabic in real life situations. The program mainly employs Al-Arabiyatu Bayna Yadayk series “Arabic between your hands,” published by “Arabic for All,” a non-profit organization. Upon completion of the program requirements, students receive a Diploma Certificate in Arabic as a Foreign Language (DCAFL) and OUTSTANDING students have the opportunity to UPGRADE their scholarship and continue their Bachelor studies in any undergraduate program accept those offered in the following faculties: Medicine, Dentistry, Applied Medical Sciences, and Pharmacy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.