/* */

PDA

View Full Version : new teenage revert

AllahisGreatest
01-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Assalam'Aleykum!

I am 17. In order to remain anonymous I won't reveal my true name. I took my shahada with Allah and the angels as witnesses three months ago. I received a box of books free from islamreligion.com (they also helped me take my shahada) and I have been reading much. I may not know enough about Islam to teach someone else, but I know enough to be convinced of it's truth. Islam is what I have been looking for.

I was brought up in a non-religious home, but we called ourselves Christians. When I was 9, I made my dad drag me to a non-denominational Christian Church. I hated it, though, as even at that young age I could tell that they cherry-picked verses from the Bible and were intolerant when Jesus Christ called for them to love. Then I went to the Roman Catholic Church with my grandmother, and fell in love with all of the pomp and ritual. My mother was very against me becoming Catholic. I still wanted a church, so I went with my friend to the Russian Orthodox Church. I later converted, was a Russian Orthodox Christian up until a few months ago. I fervently prayed to the saints, and received sacraments. But then issues like why we even prayed to saints and why I had to go confess to a priest if God could truly knew all things. Then I began searching for a religion that was the right one, and I stumbled upon Islam (Mash'Allah!!!!!). After reading about the Islamic idea of tawheed, I was and still am hopelessly in love with this religion. I began reading about Jannah and the Prophet's (pbuh) message, and I can't believe it....Islam is what I've been looking for all along!

Also what I love about Islam is the utter modesty Muslims have. It mystifies me! I've never believed in dancing with the other gender or dating. I also don't find it appropriated for young ladies to claim to be "Christian" on Sunday and my Monday they are out in a bikini, it makes no sense. I love how Muslim women look. I absolutely love it, and respect them so much! I also love how we brothers also have hijab.

Also, I didn't know at the time, but when I was little my good friends were Muslims! A boy from Turkey and a Persian boy. Nicest people!

My biggest struggle right now is disconnecting from my old Church. I haven't been to services in over two months, but still they call me, facebook me, everything! I know they care, but just because I've stopped worshiping idols doesn't mean I've become evil (quite the opposite!). They are also very right-wing conservative, which is a BAD THING. If they found out I was Muslim, they'd think I was going around desecrating Churches or something.

I also worry about telling my family. They aren't closed-minded, just misinformed and uneducated about Islam. My mother has some idea that I'm very interested (no idea that I'm actually a Muslim!).

I plan to begin making regular Salah when I go off to college. right now, I strive to read Qur'an often and make salah once a week (I'm still learning how, I want to perfect my salah before I begin offering it 5 times a day.)

my other problem is that, even if I was able to attend Masjid, there is no Sunni masjid. Only one very small shi'a masjid in a converted apartment.

So, I've joined this forum to learn, seek advice and ask you wonderful people, my brothers and sisters, to please remember me in your du'a.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
01-04-2012, 02:51 AM
Subhanallah Allahu akhbar.

May Allah make it easy for you and show you the right path and have the highest eeman.

Akhi which area you are maybe someone can help you finding the nearest masjid. They are very good at it.

Dagless
01-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Welcome to Islam, and also to the forum ;) I hope you find lots of helpful knowledge here.

Aprender
01-04-2012, 04:20 AM
Welcome to the forum brother. Nice to see another convert from the USA.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
01-04-2012, 05:50 AM
:sl:
Attachment 4517
Mubarak Mubarak...
welocm to forum and welcom to islam.
i am sorry as i am not able to give u some advice regarding ur problem as i am born muslim and living in muslim country. so dont know hoe these issue can be handle in such socity. anyway stay here insh u wil be benfited.
:wa:

Samiun
01-04-2012, 07:16 AM
:sl: Mashallah.. I'm seeing so many reverts lately. The news keep coming about a new sist4h or broth4h coming to Islam . Glad to have you in Islam brother!

peace_maker
01-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the forums and most of all to ISLAM!! Mashaallah, Alhamdulillah, Allah has chosen to guide you to the right path. May Allah have mercy on you and us all. May He help you in every step of your life...Aaameen!

Riana17
01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Subhanallah brother, you left me in tears!!!

This is so emotional, what a beautiful story and writing, I remember when I was newly converted, I feel the same way, I feel I'm flying, I feel I wanted to tell everyone about ISLAM and till now I still pray that everyone of us are truly Muslims. Amen

Islamicboard has helped me alot during the transition, I hope you'll stay with us and inspire us more. You are so mature in my eyes young brother. Allah love you & protect you and guide you as well as all your love ones. Amen Ya Raaabbb

P.S. I understand about the Shiaa thing, I am not against any sects or religion but I dont know why I am not comfortable with Shism and when I read a book I could immediately sense that they are for Shiaa, and when I would give it to husband he would confirm me its for Shiaa (from the Author etc)

Ramadhan
01-04-2012, 12:31 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulillaah. Another wonderful news.

May Allah have mercy on everyone of us and may He (swt) make us see each other again in jannah. ameen.

Please make lots of du'a (supplications) for your own self brother, and your family, and remember us too in your du'a insha Allah.

alhamdulilaah
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM

Wa alaikum as salam,

to Islam,

Read your beautiful story and deep thoughts. You had purity of thought from yearly childhood years, and Allah showed you the Path of Truth.

May Allah give you His love, and love of those who love Him, and deed that would get His love, ameen.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism)
and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,
etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism);
and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). Surah An-Nisa' (The Women) surah no.4 :ayah 125

And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.
And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.Surat Luqmān 31 ayah 22

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold
that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256

Galaxy
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Masha Allah, we will remember you in our duas and things will get better insha Allah.

sis muslimah
01-04-2012, 11:19 PM
mashallah, may allah make it easy for you and keep you firm on the deen

Haya emaan
01-05-2012, 11:18 AM
welcome to the Islam, the path of truth and jannah..
SubhaAllah! your story says Islam was in your nature from the beginning..

INSHAALLAH you will find this forum beneficial..

elina
01-13-2012, 02:24 PM
wa'alaikum salam brother

what a lovely post and Alhamdulillah at your reversion.

When I first reverted I struggled to do salat, I have problems with my memory due to a medical condition and I found it really confusing. I am in no way at all pulling you up about this but if you did it more than once a week it would come together so much quicker. As a sister I found that after not doing salat sometimes for a week I would be stumbling when I was okay to do it again. May Allah guide and protect you Ameen.

zakirs
01-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Congratulations and salaam brother,

Regarding the masjid, I would suggest any masjid is fine as long as you read in a congregation. Shia or sunni is a divide only when you think of it as a divide.

Muslim Woman
01-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Salaam

welcome to Islam bro. may Allah bless u always.

U are sinless now . Pl. remember us & the Ummah in your dua .

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-13-2012, 09:13 PM
wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Welcome to the Islaam! and also Welcome to this forum!

Glad to have you here, I hope that you will enjoy your stay here and find this forum beneficial towards yourself inshaa'Allaah.

And Allaah SWT is indeed the greatest as he guided you, alhamdulilaah.

may Allaah SWT make it easy upon you and keep you steadfast upon his deen, Aameen.

Also Please remember us us in your prayers.

Scimitar
01-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Assalaam Alaikum Warahamatullahi Wabarakatuhu.

Brother is only 17 Allahu Akbar. HE guides whim HE wills, and this young brother got that "special" invite direct from Allah - to his heart. Wallahi, this is beautiful.

I know one thing - you are at your purest at that moment when you have reverted. All your previous sins / errors are forgiven. A clean slate... now, it's all about maintenance. Keep that slate clean my brother.

As for learning how to perform salah. Bro, in your own time. Don't learn too hastily, learn with meaning instead. Your journey has only just started. So keep on, keeping on.

In Arabic, there is a word "istikhaamah" - it means "steadfastness". So, when you pick up one good habit (for example - being able to keep one salah a day) you never let it go. And once that habit has become second nature to you, you can concentrate on another good habit, and make that second nature too. This is true steadfastness.

There is no rush, just do things right.

We're all here and we all help eachother. So if you have any questions, just ask. We will answer you as best as we are able.

And as for breaking it to parents - well, that's always been a difficult one. Trust in Allah, and when the time is right, HE will make it easy for you to tell them. Insha-Allah, your parents will find it easy to accept your reversion and may even ask you questions which you may find quite... cute :statisfie

Scimi

Good brother
01-13-2012, 11:51 PM
You are welcome brother

serena77
01-14-2012, 12:00 AM
salaams brother
so much of what you wrote i have experienced only difference is no masjid near to me... my parents are a bit closed minded and they don't know... only important because i live w/ my mom and step dad so i can be aroud when they need anything.. my Allah (swt) guide you... may your prayers be answered and may you be blessed as you follow this path.
Serena

Scimitar
01-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Ameen.

Abu Taj al Deen
01-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Masha'Allah! Welcome to Islam! :D

Abdullahi E
01-15-2012, 02:44 AM
[QUOTE my brothers and sisters, to please remember me in your du'a.[/QUOTE]

Inshallah u also plz make dua for me inshallah ask Alah for me to make me ore and more storng

Snowflake
01-15-2012, 04:05 AM
Masha Allah, al hamdulillah, Allahu akbar! :statisfie

Hello and welcome to islam - assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh! Loved reading your story. Masha Allah, you are so blessed and one of the chosen ones by Allah. Al hamdulillah. May Allah make practicing the deen easy for you and keep you and us rightly guided. Ameen :wub:

Recite after every Salah

Subhan Allah 33x
Alhamdulillah 33x
Allahu akbar 34x

quote3112111?w640 -

Txyib
01-31-2012, 12:27 AM
salam
i think it is great that you have been offered books for free and that you also have read the shahadah and i think disconnecting from the previuos church may be hard howeva you can overcome this or else you may go for the good and if they tell you to commit sins just think of allah and refuse if possible
hmm i think it is not a good idea to tell your mother that you are a muslim but however since you say she has hints of islam perhaps you could persuade her into islam with proven miracles in islam proven by science and ask her about her knowledge in islam and maybe you could convince her however just remember that she may find it curious and may suspect something so you may consider keeping low and i would not conisder telling other members unless your mother knows and approves because if your mother knew and approved then you would have backup in case of arguments (not that im saying there are any)
is there any chance you could travel to other mosques elsewhere via bus or car or could you not ask one of the local muslim brothers .i think that it is great that you want to perfect your salah before praying five times a day in that way you will get more good deeds and your salaah will be accepted
i also think that if your church did find out you could tell them that that is not true and you could tell them why you became a muslim and you could say that this is the one and only true religion(only do this if its appropriate)wa
wasalam
محمد طيب

UmmuShaheed
01-31-2012, 04:19 AM
Asalamu Alaikum
Welcome to the forum and most importantly welcome to Islam
Were more than glad to have you here and hope you have a beneficial stay.
Remember us in your dua and we will remember you Inshallah
Asalamu Alaikum

Souljette
01-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Asalamualaykum welcome to this beautiful religion and may Allah reward you inshallah Ameen and may Allah keep you on the straight path inshallah

Sumaiya54
03-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Asalaamu Aleikum brother,

Your story is so beautiful Masha'Allah. I am a soon reverted teenager (one week).
May Allah SWT guide you and best of luck telling your family, Insha'Allah they will understand.

Salaam :)

Muslim Woman
03-19-2012, 08:24 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Sumaiya54
... I am a soon reverted teenager (one week).
Salaam :)

sis , are u talking about ur official declartion ? If u are sure about Islam , then don't delay about accepting it :)

Official announement can be delayed but uttering the Shahada is important as soon as u understood the truth :)

So , declare the Shahada right now ; u don't need any witnesses ; Allah will watch u :statisfie

Sumaiya54
03-19-2012, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
sis , are u talking about ur official declartion
Yes, I was talking about my official declaration :) The words just kind of came out wrong!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!