/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lessons from Quraan – Most of them Commit Shirk

Abu Muslim
01-04-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.dhikrullah.com/blog/lessons-from-quraan-most-of-them-commit-shirk/

Lessons from Quraan – Most of them Commit Shirk

Filed under: Dhikrullah Reminder — Tags: Allaah, christians, shirk — | December 30, 2011

“It is not for a human [prophet] that Allaah should give him the Scripture and authority and prophethood and then he would say to the people, “Be servants to me rather than Allaah ,” but [instead, he would say], “Be pious scholars of the Lord because of what you have taught of the Scripture and because of what you have studied.” Nor could he order you to take the angels and prophets as lords. Would he order you to disbelief after you had been Muslims?” [ale Imraan 79-80]
  • This is a direct refutation by Allaah of the Christians who believe in the trinity and believe that Jesus is the son of God
  • On the day of Judgement, Allaah will ask Jesus/Isa (alayhi salam) if he ordered the people to worship him and he will, of course, deny this lie made against him.
  • Allaah (subhanahu wa ta’la) says in surah Maa’idah: “And (remember) when Allaah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): ‘O ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: “Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allaah?”’ He will say: ‘Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen). Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allaah) did command me to say: “Worship Allaah, my Lord and your Lord.”’ And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world). If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily, You, only You, are the All Mighty, the All Wise” ’[al-Maa’idah 5:116-118]
  • The Prophet (salAllaahu alayhi wa salam) warned us in following the footsteps of the Christians in their exaggeration of the Prophet Isa (alayhi salam). The Messenger of Allaah (salAllaahu alayhi wa salam) said: “Do not exaggerate about me as the Christians exaggerated about the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, so say, ‘The slave of Allaah and His Messenger.” [Bukhari]
  • The Christians who believe in the trinity commit shirk (associating partners with Allaah). Many of the Muslims nowadays also commit shirk such as when they worship graves or call upon the dead to answer their prayers etc. Allaah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) says in surah Yusuf: “And most of them believe not in Allah without associating (other as partners) with Him!” [Yusuf 12:106]
  • Tawheed (oneness of Allaah) comes first – to commit shirk and associate partners with Allaah is the greatest and most major of all sins. Allaah will forgive all sins except shirk if one dies upon that. Allaah (subhanahu wa t’ala) says in surah Nisaa: “Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills” [Nisaa 4:48]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!