/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wife's rights in islam?

Masuma
01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Asalamu alikum wr wb!

Please help me with the topic. I read some texts but they don't seem satisfactory enough to me so need to know more. Please back it up with authentic ahadith or Quranic verses if it is possible. May Allah bless you sooooo much!

Jazakumullahu khairan!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Assalamu' alaikum, sis.

What do you want to know? and why? did you see some cases which made you want to know about wife's right in Islam?

Masuma
01-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Respected brother! ^_^

Need to know them so that i might fight properly latter on for them when the need arises, *you know preparation for a war*! :P nah just :D
...want to know them for knowledge's sake.I have read many articles about husband's rights and so now reading about this topic. I do realise that wife has less rights than husband cuz of financial responsibility and husband being a "qawwam". But i don't know exactly what does this topic include actually.

♥ Sofia ♥
01-04-2012, 04:26 PM
:wasalamex

the wife has financial rights over the husband which are mahr (dowry), spending and accommodation. her non-financial rights include fair division between co-wives, being treated in a decent and reasonable manner, and not being treated in a harmful way by her husband.

1. financial rights:

a) the mahr is the money a man is obliged to pay to the woman when the marriage contract is completed. the mahr demonstrates the seriousness and importance of the marriage contract and is a token of honour and respect to the woman.

“And give to the women (whom you marry) their Mahr (obligatory bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) with a good heart” [al-Nisaa’ 4:4]

mahr isn't an essential of the contract but it is a 'consequence'. if a marriage is done without mention of mahr it is still valid, but the fact that divorce is permitted before stipulating mahr means it is permissible not to state anything about mahr in the contract. however, if your husband has already stated mahr then it becomes obligatory upon him. if he is still with you but has not given mahr then he must give mahr of the amount that is given to women of similar status to his wife.

“There is no sin on you, if you divorce women while yet you have not touched (had sexual relation with) them, nor appointed unto them their Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage)” [al-Baqarah 2:236]

b) it is obligatory for husbands to spend on their wives but if the wife refuses her husband/rebels then she is not entitled to the spending. this is because of the marriage contract; she is available only to him and in return he provides for her, spends on her etc. spending includes food and accommodation.

“but the father of the child shall bear the cost of the mother’s food and clothing on a reasonable basis” [al-Baqarah 2:233]

“Let the rich man spend according to his means; and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allaah has given him” [al-Talaaq 65:7]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Hind bint ‘Utbah – the wife of Abu Sufyaan – who had complained that he did not spend on her: “Take what is sufficient for you and your children, on a reasonable basis.”

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “Hind bint ‘Utbah, the wife of Abu Sufyaan, entered upon the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, Abu Sufyaan is a stingy man who does not spend enough on me and my children, except for what I take from his wealth without his knowledge. Is there any sin on me for doing that?’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Take from his wealth on a reasonable basis, only what is sufficient for you and your children.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5049; Muslim, 1714)

It was narrated from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon:

“Fear Allah concerning women! Verily you have taken them on the security of Allah, and intercourse with them has been made lawful unto you by words of Allah. You too have rights over them, and that they should not allow anyone to sit on your bed [i.e., not let them into the house] whom you do not like. But if they do that, you can chastise them but not severely. Their rights upon you are that you should provide them with food and clothing in a fitting manner” (Narrated by Muslim, 1218)

c) accommodation is another right of the wife, which means her husband should prepare her for accommodation according to his means and ability.

“Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your means” [al-Talaaq 65:6]

2. non-financial rights:

a) fair treatment of co-wives, including nights spent with them, spending and clothing;

b) kind treatment. the husband must have a good attitude towards his wife and be kind to her and offer her everything that may soften her heart towards him.

“and live with them honourably” [al-Nisaa’ 4:19]

“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable” [al-Baqarah 2:228]

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Be kind to women.’”(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3153; Muslim, 1468).

there are many hadiths which narrate the kind treatment by the prophet towards his wives. there will be more in the source link at the end of this post.

c) not harming one's wife. this is one of the basic principles of islam because harming others is haraam even in the case of strangers. taking this into context, it is obviously even more so in the case of harming one's wife.

It was narrated from ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled, “There should be no harming nor reciprocating harm.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah,, 2340)

among the things which were given attention to is the prohibition of hitting or beating in a severe manner.

It was narrated from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon:

“Fear Allah concerning women! Verily you have taken them on the security of Allah, and intercourse with them has been made lawful unto you by words of Allah. You too have rights over them, and that they should not allow anyone to sit on your bed [i.e., not let them into the house] whom you do not like. But if they do that, you can chastise them but not severely. Their rights upon you are that you should provide them with food and clothing in a fitting manner” (Narrated by Muslim, 1218)

~

i hope this helped, sis :) i spent a while rewriting everything in order to make it shorter... but i don't know if it made much of a difference, haha!

source: IslamQA

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Do not ever ask about our rights in marriage, but Always ask about our obligations in marriage.

Do not ever ask "what can we get from our spouses?", But Always ask ourselves "what can we give to our spouses, and have we give?"

This is the recipe to build a happy family. Of course, both sides should carry out their obligations.

:)

ardianto
01-04-2012, 05:07 PM
(Midnight here, but, okay, my wife doesn't mind if I sleep late tonight)

format_quote Originally Posted by sis chu chu
Need to know them so that i might fight properly latter on for them when the need arises, *you know preparation for a war*! :P nah just
...want to know them for knowledge's sake.I have read many articles about husband's rights and so now reading about this topic. I do realise that wife has less rights than husband cuz of financial responsibility and husband being a "qawwam". But i don't know exactly what does this topic include actually.
Naaaaahhhh. This is the big mistake of people who will getting married. They regard marriage as a war, and they entering a marriage with intention to defeat each other. The husband wants the wife always do what he command. The wife wants the husband always give what she wants. Of course they will focus on the rights they can get, not on the duties they should give.

No, no. Marriage in Islam is not a war. Purpose of marriage in Islam is to build a family that Sakinah (live peacefully in happiness), Mawadah (love each other), Wa Rahmah (and, Insha Allah, blessed).

Not easy to build a family like this, of course. The husband and the wife should learn how to build a family before they are getting married, and continue learn about how to maintain a family after they got married.

I don't know much about Islamic marriage lesson in your place. But in my place, maybe you will never heard about the wife's right or the husband's right. Because Islamic lecturers in my place are focus on what are the husband's duties, what are the wife's duties.

What I have written in my previous post is a lesson that I got from an Islamic lecture about marriage.

♥ Sofia ♥
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
No, no. Marriage in Islam is not a war. Purpose of marriage in Islam is to build a family that Sakinah (live peacefully in happiness), Mawadah (love each other), Wa Rahmah (and, Insha Allah, blessed).
i agree with the basis of what you're saying but based upon the little knowledge that i have i believe that rights aren't all about restrictions and it isn't necessarily a bad thing to want to know what you're obliged to... rights contribute to the happiness of marriage if you know them and abide with them accordingly.

it's like basic human rights, where someone has the right to access clean water. this isn't a burden on the giving person's side - rather it is something they should be willing to give and if they don't (providing they have the means to give clean water) then it is they who are in the wrong, and in no way is the receiving side being demanding for requiring one of the basics in life. they shouldn't even have to ASK for clean water.

that being said the rights of a wife in islam are not too much to ask for.

food, accommodation, love. if it's hard to give that or it's bound to start distaste between the spouses then was there really any mutual love growing after marriage at all?

if the rights of a woman were out of this world then that would understandably cause some uncomfortable tension between the couple. but this religion has been made easy for us to follow. we are required to give what is within our means, nothing more.

if you are a) willing to follow allah swt's commands and b) a person who understands what allah has prescribed for himself and his wife by allah swt in the quran then that's good enough to get by, right?

everyone has their rights and your rights are stipulated in the marriage contract. that is not hard to follow. rather, it is the people involved in the relationship who take advantage of their rights or give less than what is expected of them, which may cause 'rights of a spouse' to sound bad to some or even threatening.

... but maybe there's more to it and i simply don't know what i'm talking about, since you're the one who's married! lol :)

syilla
01-05-2012, 01:42 AM
everything and mostly are about intention intention intention :D

Marriage or anything in this world we ourselves need have basic knowledge (Islamic or not) but at the same time its endless of learning, full of hope and faith in Allah swt which will leads to full of confidence on oneself. By having confidence you have higher spirit, happier and makes you better in handling conflict or problems. Actually you know that all problems can be solved and made you a better wife.

When you are not sure of yourself you tend to have negative thoughts and solutions are not easy to come by.

So remember knowledge is power and have confidence. Magnetising all the positive energy surrounding you.

ardianto
01-05-2012, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ♥ Sofia ♥

... but maybe there's more to it and i simply don't know what i'm talking about, since you're the one who's married! lol
I know you are teenager. And as a daughter of your parents, do you know? you have rights to get food, accommodation, education, and many things from your parents. But did you ever asked about your rights?

I am sure, no. It's because your parent have given you all of your rights without you ask them. That's what Muslim parents must do to their children.

Same like Muslim husbands must do to their wives, give all the wives rights without their wives ask them. Same like Muslims wives must do to their husbands, give all the husbands rights without their husbands ask them.

That's why ulama in my place did not say wives have rights in marriage, or husbands have rights in marriage. But ulama said, husbands have duties, wives have duties, because in Islamic marriage, husbands and wives are obligated to give their spouses rights without their spouses ask them.

Might be you didn't know what you were talking about. But you have a will to know. Very good. That's what the youth must do, asking and learning.

:)

Masuma
01-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Asalamu alikum wr wb!

Oh sho many replies! heehehe! :D i'll read them latter but this is something i wanted to add. Sis Sofia, thank u so much for your effort and time. ^_^ You know i read that article of Islamqa already. (remember i said that i read some texts but didn't find them satisfactory? It was one of them :D)

Sis Sofia,
If you go down that page and read husband's rights in islam, you'll find this written in there
‘Ali ibn Abi Talhah said, narrating from Ibn ‘Abbaas: "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women" means, they are in charge of them, i.e., she should obey him in matters of obedience that Allaah has enjoined upon her, and obey him by treating his family well and taking care of his wealth. This was the view of Muqaatil, al-Saddi and al-Dahhaak.(Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/492)

Now which family is this? The husband's father and mother (i.e mother-in-law) or his children?

Secondly
It was narrated from Sulaymaan ibn ‘Amr ibn al-Ahwas: my father told me that he was present at the Farewell Pilgrimage (Hujjat al-Wadaa’) with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] praised and glorified Allaah, then he preached a sermon and said: "Treat women kindly, for they are prisoners and you have no other power over them than that, if they are guilty of open lewdness, then refuse to share their beds, and hit them, but not severely. But if they return to obedience, (then) do not seek means (of annoyance) against them. You have rights over your women and your women have rights over you. Your rights over your women are that they should not let anyone whom you dislike sit on your bed and they should not let anyone whom you dislike enter your house. Their rights over you are that you should feed and clothe them well".
What does it mean by prisoners here?

(d) Not going out of the house except with the husband’s permission. One of the rights of the husband over his wife is that she should not go out of the house except with his permission.
The Shaafa’is and Hanbalis said: she does not have the right to visit (even) her sick father except with the permission of her husband, and he has the right to prevent her from doing that… because obedience to the husband is obligatory, and it is not permitted to neglect an obligatory action for something that is not obligatory.

(e) Discipline. The husband has the right to discipline his wife if she disobeys him in something good, not if she disobeys him in something sinful, because Allaah has enjoined disciplining women by forsaking them in bed and by hitting them, when they do not obey.
The Hanafis mentioned four situations in which a husband is permitted to discipline his wife by hitting her. These are: not adorning herself when he wants her to; not responding when he calls her to bed and she is taahirah (pure, i.e., not menstruating); not praying; and going out of the house without his permission.
The evidence that it is permissible to discipline one's wife includes the aayahs (interpretation of the meaning):

"As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful)" [al-Nisaa’ 4:34]

"O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones" [al-Tahreem 66:6]
Ibn Katheer said:

Qutaadah said: you should command them to obey Allaah, and forbid them to disobey Allaah; you should be in charge of them in accordance with the command of Allaah, and instruct them to follow the commands of Allaah, and help them to do so. If you see any act of disobedience towards Allaah, then stop them from doing it and rebuke them for that.

Now I'm more interested in the NON-INANCIAL rights of wives in Islam.
Brother ardianto, I know that and agree with what you've said. ^_^
And that is why searching first for husband's rights and then one's own. heeheh! :D

I'll latter ask some more questions if these are anwered. :)

Jazakumullahu khairan!

ardianto
01-05-2012, 12:13 PM
(d) Not going out of the house except with the husband’s permission. One of the rights of the husband over his wife is that she should not go out of the house except with his permission.
The Shaafa’is and Hanbalis said: she does not have the right to visit (even) her sick father except with the permission of her husband, and he has the right to prevent her from doing that… because obedience to the husband is obligatory, and it is not permitted to neglect an obligatory action for something that is not obligatory.
Suppose, there is an case. A wife parent get sick while the husband is in duty in a place and can not be contacted to be asked for permission, may she still going to see her father?.

Yes, she is allowed to see her father, because her husband has given her permission to leave home for something that really necessary or emergency. And her husband gave this permission before he's going to his duty on another place.

This is what Muslim husband in my place do.

(e) Discipline. The husband has the right to discipline his wife if she disobeys him in something good, not if she disobeys him in something sinful, because Allaah has enjoined disciplining women by forsaking them in bed and by hitting them, when they do not obey.
The Hanafis mentioned four situations in which a husband is permitted to discipline his wife by hitting her. These are: not adorning herself when he wants her to; not responding when he calls her to bed and she is taahirah (pure, i.e., not menstruating); not praying; and going out of the house without his permission.
The evidence that it is permissible to discipline one's wife includes the aayahs (interpretation of the meaning):
There are many domestic violence cases in my place. But the perpetrators are not religious people who beat their wives because the wives violate the rules above. Those domestic violence cases committed by non-religious people, usually because their wives remind them when they did something wrong.

Religious Muslim husbands never beat their wives because they never have any reason to beat. Their wives never do something wrong. And those religious husbands always treat their wives nicely. If their wives can not do their duties on the bed because those wives too tired, they never forced their wives. They know, oppression is not allowed in Islam.

Masuma
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Brother ardianto! may Allah bless u!

M adding some more questions. They are 3 in number. :(

Is there something like a husband can order his wife to offer prayer or keep a fast and if she doesn't, she is twice guilty? One for disobeying Allah and second for disobeying the husband?

What about hajj or Umra for a housewife? She wouldn't have money of her own so does it ever become obligatory for her to perform it?

If she wants a separate house and don't want to live with her in-laws, is she permitted for that? asking for a separate house in her mahar or marriage contract?

We know that if person find one or both of his parents in old age and serve them right, then he earns jannah in that way. So a married son can easily do that but what about the married daughter? How is she going to fullfill that if her husband is not good or understanding? What about a wife's wish to serve her parents? What does islam say about it?

Jazakumullahu khair! :)

syed_z
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum Sister Chu Chu. Hope your doing fine :)

I would just like to add on these...

If you go down that page and read husband's rights in islam, you'll find this written in there
‘Ali ibn Abi Talhah said, narrating from Ibn ‘Abbaas: "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women" means, they are in charge of them, i.e., she should obey him in matters of obedience that Allaah has enjoined upon her, and obey him by treating his family well and taking care of his wealth. This was the view of Muqaatil, al-Saddi and al-Dahhaak.(Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/492)
Now which family is this? The husband's father and mother (i.e mother-in-law) or his children?
The answer is in this Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (saw) i believe

"Every one of you is in charge and everyone of you will be accountable for those given in his charge...The man is in charge of the household and the woman is in charge of the home of her husband and his children" (Bukhari, Hadith #4801)

So i believe it's their children the above hadith is pointing towards and not husband's parents. But if the parents are living together then from Islamic point of view there is no obligation of wife towards them but Islam also teaches kindness towards each other and respect for elders.

Is there something like a husband can order his wife to offer prayer or keep a fast and if she doesn't, she is twice guilty? One for disobeying Allah and second for disobeying the husband?
From what i know if this is the Fasting of the month of Ramadaan, then wouldn't she be disobeying Allah (swt) 1st and wouldn't the husband be right if he pushes her to fast. Obviously not unless she is in good health.

If shes not in good health and/or is sick then she wouldn't be disobeying God if she refuses and her husband would be wrong for forcing her to fast.

It was narrated from Sulaymaan ibn ‘Amr ibn al-Ahwas: my father told me that he was present at the Farewell Pilgrimage (Hujjat al-Wadaa’) with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] praised and glorified Allaah, then he preached a sermon and said: "Treat women kindly, for they are prisoners
See what we're dealing with over here is an English translation of Original Farewell sermon in Ancient Arabic language. So one can translate this word in to 'Prisoners" and another translation can be "with you under Allah's security" or "under Allah's security"

Sayyidina Amr ibn Ahwas (RA) narrated: I was with Allah’s Messenger (SAW) during the farewell pilgrimage. He praised and glorified Allah, gave advice and delivered the sermon, asking, “Which day is it that I declare sacred?” He asked this thrice. The people responded, “The day of Hajj Akbar (great pilgrimage), O Messenger of Allah (SAW) .” He said, “Your blood, your property........Know that I instruct you about women be good to them, for, they are with you under Allah’s security.You own nothing of them save that if they commit open indecency. If they do that then separate them from your bed and beat them lightly" (Tirmizi, Book of Exegesis of the Quran, Chapter 10)

Also if you look at the tradition that you posted simply says "Hit them" and the one i posted says "beat them lightly."

What about hajj or Umra for a housewife? She wouldn't have money of her own so does it ever become obligatory for her to perform it?
From what i know Islam allows woman to have and own her own property i.e. the one she had before her marriage as well as whatever she owns after her marriage, which includes her mahr or whatever other wealth she owns. Not even her husband has any right over that.

Since it is her's and she may spend it on what she likes and if she wants to go to Umrah/Hajj then im thinking it makes it obligatory for her but then to go for hajj or Umrah she and her husband have to make sure they have taken care of everything before they leave. And Allah (swt) knows best.

ardianto
01-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Brother ardianto! may Allah bless u!
jazakillah khayr, my sister.

Not only can. If the wife never perform salah and never fast in ramadan without "uzur" that prevent her to do these ibadah, the husband is obligated to order his wife to perform salah and fasting, because this is a duty of the imam in the family.

Hajj is obligated for every Muslims who able/afford to do hajj. Poor people who have no enough money to go hajj is not obligated to go hajj.

But I understand what you are talking about.

Housewives do not work to make money. But who said they don't have income?. Their husbands income are their income too, because husbands are obligated to make money not for the husbands themselves, but for their families.

If a family has enough money to go hajj at least for the husband and the wife, the wife is obligated to go hajj because she is categorized as a Muslim person who able/afford to go hajj. But if the wife cannot go hajj because the husbands refuse to use this money to go hajj and choose to buy something, like car, this is not the wife fault, but the husband fault.

If she wants a separate house and don't want to live with her in-laws, is she permitted for that? asking for a separate house in her mahar or marriage contract?
There is no any rule in Islam that mention, after getting married husband and wife should live in .......

If you want to have your own space and do not want to live with your in-laws, just talk to your husband.

But sis, not every husband afford to buy or rent a house. If your husband has not afford to buy or rent the house and decide to live with his parent, you should live with him. And always support him to make money and always make du'a wish Allah give him enough income to buy or rent a house, and then you can move to your own space.

We know that if person find one or both of his parents in old age and serve them right, then he earns jannah in that way. So a married son can easily do that but what about the married daughter? How is she going to fullfill that if her husband is not good or understanding? What about a wife's wish to serve her parents? What does islam say about it?
A difference tradition between Indonesia and Pakistan. In Indonesia, a man comes to his wife family. In Pakistan, a woman comes to her husband family. In Indonesia, a new family that build by new married couple is closer to the wife family, in Pakistan a family like this is closer to the husband family.

Both traditions are only tradition because there is no rule in Islam that mention, after getting married, the husband and wife should closer to ........

But the husband is not allowed to cut the wife family tie and relationship with her family. And the wife is not allowed to cut the husband family tie and relationship with his family. Forbid the wife to meet or make a contact with her family is wrong.

The good husband will not forbid his wife to serve her parents. And the good wife will not spend her time only to serve her parents and neglect her duty to her husband.

So, sis, if after getting married you want to serve your parents you can talk and discuss with your husband to find the best way, how to serve your parents without neglect your duties as a wife.

Jazakumullahu khair!
Waiyyak.

ardianto
01-06-2012, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Also if you look at the tradition that you posted simply says "Hit them" and the one i posted says "beat them lightly."
Assalamualaikum, brother syed_z

Suppose, in duhr time you see my brother tell me "Salah time, lets we perform salah", but I reply "I don't want to salah". Then my brother warn me "I give you two chances to perform salah or I will beat you. And this is the first warning".

At ashr time. My brother order me to salah but I refuse again. Then my brother tell me "This is the last warning before I beat you". Maghrib time. My brother order me to perform salah, but I refuse again. Then my brother beat me.

Bro syed_z, in this case, will you blame my brother who beat me after he gave me two warning? or you will blame me who neglect his warning?

Now we notice this ayaah.

"As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful)" [al-Nisaa’ 4:34]

Can you see something?. The husband are not allowed to beat their wives without they gave (at least) two warning before. That's why, religious Muslims in my place never beat their wives, because their wives never neglect their husband warning.

Masuma
01-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Brother syed_z and brother ardianto!

Jazakumullahu khairan sooo much (if thats the right sentence) but i really m grateful for the clarifications!
I mean subhanAllah! :uuh:
That helps alot. points about living where and wife's parents and hajj etc...

Ok so just some more things i wanna add.

brother ardianto, the husband can't beat his wife after two warnings for not offering salah!!! I mean look at the context of the ayahs in Quran. There is only one case (although some school of thoughts say 4 but Quran only mentions one in which a wife can be admonished.)
and THAT is when "u feel that she is guilty of OPEN LEWDNESS or ill conduct".

i mean its not like in EVERY case it i allowed to beat wife after 3 or 4 warnings even lightly!!!! the context of Quran only mentions ONE case!

And the point about hajj and own home i totally agree with! well explained my respected brother! ^_^ *yay!* :p

And one question.
How are the rights of "people of righthand" different than those of wives? They are less? I know its not the case anymore but just wanted to know the difference. :/

And in Quran i found somewhere written that even women had "people of right hand" too. so any idea about that? ^o)

ardianto
01-07-2012, 10:58 AM

brother ardianto, the husband can't beat his wife after two warnings for not offering salah!!! I mean look at the context of the ayahs in Quran. There is only one case (although some school of thoughts say 4 but Quran only mentions one in which a wife can be admonished.)
and THAT is when "u feel that she is guilty of OPEN LEWDNESS or ill conduct".

i mean its not like in EVERY case it i allowed to beat wife after 3 or 4 warnings even lightly!!!! the context of Quran only mentions ONE case!
"Nusyuz" has the 'wider' meaning than Ill-Conduct. Also, that analogy just to explain, is not true that in Islam husband are instructed to be cruel to their wives.

But, sis, Why you looked scared as if your husband in the future will beat you?. Don't worry, if your husband in the future is a good man, and you always try to be a good wife, your husband will never beat you.

And one question.
How are the rights of "people of righthand" different than those of wives? They are less? I know its not the case anymore but just wanted to know the difference. :/

And in Quran i found somewhere written that even women had "people of right hand" too. so any idea about that?
Do you mean "people of right hand" like mentioned in surah An-Nissa?.

Sister, if you have a question about how to build and maintain a marriage, you can ask me. Insha Allah, I will try to answer. But if you have a question about Fiqh, you must ask a Fiqh Aleem, or Islamic teacher.

But if you cannot find an Aleem or Islamic teacher near you, and you want to get answer in this forum, I recommend Akhee Hamza Asadullah, if he doesn't mind. Maybe he just a student, not teacher, but I saw he can find the right references.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!