/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Free will but no motive to do bad?

Masuma
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
of course not in human's case as we are always driven by motives but suppose, hypothetically if this happens, will the world be a better place to live in, and boring? Good? what? and anything wrong with the concept of having a free will but no motive to do bad? :hiding:

Jazakumullahu khairan! :skeleton:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed1
01-04-2012, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis chu chu
and anything wrong with the concept of having a free will but no motive to do bad
if there was not motive or instinct to do bad, so in essence the concept of good or evil doesn't exist and hence there is no heaven or hell... so then what would be the point out our existence ?

syed_z
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum ...

I agree with the brother.

Also even if i agree that we can only do good and theres zero motivation to do any bad then we would be considered Angels or there wouldn't be any difference between us and Angels ? Right ? Because they don't disobey and all that is bad comes under disobedience. And in that case then yes the world would be a very peaceful place to live, no doubt about that but the world will not fulfill it's purpose of existence.

Ghazalah
01-04-2012, 05:57 PM
In the context of Islam, bad would mean anything that goes against Islamic rulings.

So if we had no motive to do bad, that means our will would be in line with the will of Allah and it would be as though we had no free will, to begin with.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
01-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you sis chu chu;

We might expect heaven to be like this, and I am sure that if God felt we could go straight to heaven and bypass this unjust life, he would have made it so. I sense that any type of free choice leads us to sin against God in some way, we constantly repeat our mistakes, and at the tender age of 62, I still have much to learn.

In the spirit of praying for God's mercy

Eric

Masuma
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
jazakumullahu khairan for all the replies.

Good replies! ^_^

And yeah want to add that having no motive to do bad does NOT make us like angels because angels don't have any FREE WILL. We have. And welcome back to the forum brother syed_z! Sis Ghazalah that is exactly what i was trying to tell my sis! :D thanx for putting it in short. heehe! Thanx bro syed1! I also thought of that. totally agree with u. and bro Eric H, you've mentioned a brilliant point about "heaven". Yes good humans will be there who have free will but will not do evil. I don't know whether there will be motivation at all or not. :/

:) again thank you all so much. I still would be waiting for more of your points :D

syed_z
01-05-2012, 09:53 PM
And welcome back to the forum brother syed_z!
Thanks for the welcome :)

Dagless
01-05-2012, 10:04 PM
In an Islamic context I think people would probably still do bad even without motive (if they had free will). If you tell people "don't do this" some people will do it just for the sake of it. Of course if there was no motive then a lot more of us would be better Muslims so it would be a good thing :p

Ramadhan
01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
of course not in human's case as we are always driven by motives but suppose, hypothetically if this happens, will the world be a better place to live in, and boring? Good? what? and anything wrong with the concept of having a free will but no motive to do bad?
:sl:

well, it seems to me that it just wouldn't fit the laws of this universe that Allah has created. We will have free will but no bad desires in heaven insha Allah.

Masuma
01-07-2012, 07:37 AM
^ but brother Ramahan (:D heehe! this username kinda funny... i mean people keep fast in u :p shorry! )
i wasn't talking about "bad" motive. in jannah people might have a motive (to keep Allah happy) but m not sure about this part (:

And good points my brother Dagless and Ramadhan! may Allah bless u both sooo much! ^_^

and u r welcome repected brother syed_z! :D thank YOU for coming back. now u better reply to all my posts or else ....:raging:
heehe!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!