/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teach our daughters...

jameelash
01-05-2012, 11:52 AM
salam

teach our daughters
salam,

We need to teach our daughters to distinguish between,
A man who flatters her and a man who compliments her,
A man who spends money on her and a man who invests in her,
A man who views her as property and a man who views her properly,
A man who lusts after her and man who loves her,
A man who believes he’s a gift to women and a man who believes she’s a gift to him.
And then we need to teach our sons to be that kind of man.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
01-06-2012, 01:25 AM
subhanallah it is so true... if you teach your daughter the best thing about being a muslim women and one day the daughter will make her son the best khalifah in this world

sis muslimah
01-06-2012, 01:31 AM
subhanallah so true
jazakallahu khair for sharing this sis :)

~Zaria~
01-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

JazakAllah for this beautiful reminder to all our sisters :)

Just wanted to add to the above advices:

We need to teach our daughters how to become the woman......that will match the above type of man:

How to adopt hijab.
How to lower their gazes.
How to be modest in their behaviour and speech.
How to be obedient to her husbands and safe-guard his secrets and trust.
How to put her family and kids before any other desire for this dunya.

So, while we all desire to meet the type of man described above.......we have to realise too, that we need to BECOME the person that we want to attract.

Remember: it takes two hands to clap.

Salaam :muslimah:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
01-18-2012, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
We need to teach our daughters to distinguish between,
A man who flatters her and a man who compliments her,
A man who spends money on her and a man who invests in her,
A man who views her as property and a man who views her properly,
A man who lusts after her and man who loves her,
A man who believes he’s a gift to women and a man who believes she’s a gift to him.
I do not have daughter. But if I have, I must be a super-protective father, who will always be with her when a man try to approach her.

General weakness of the women is easily deceived by sweet words. And unfortunately there are men who are expert in deceiving women with sweet words. many women are difficult to distinguish which the "right man", which the "wrong man", because they never really be in the world of male. Different than the father who is living in the world of male.

Who Am I?
01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
:sl:

This reminds me of something I once heard Neuman Ali Khan talk about when I attended one of his lectures last year.

He was talking about how there is a crisis of confidence among young women in the Muslim community. He mentioned that there are a lot of fathers that don't know how to relate to their daughters. Consequently, these girls grow up not having a good relationship with their fathers. This has dangerous consequences when the girls become teenagers and seek the attention of other men in their lives to replace the lack of attention they receive from their fathers.

I have seen this myself even in secular society. There are a lot of women with father issues even among non-believers, and it just reinforces my theory that our society does not teach men how to be leaders. I myself struggle with this even now, as I try to become the person I am supposed to be. But I'm having to learn this on my own, because no one else is going to teach me. Society has failed. The schools have failed. And unfortunately, religious communities have by and large failed.

Sothis Girl
01-29-2012, 04:52 PM
subhanallah, this is so beautiful....

I think we must also teach our daughter to :
1. never offend husband's self pride
2. make your husband a leader and respect him.....his pride will be raised, and so does his love.
3. appreciate your husband and do not deny his goodness when he did something wrong
4. don't feel guilty when your husband spoils you (i.e. "but this is so expensive, can we really afford this romantic dinner?", or "this jewellery looks pricey, how much does it cost?")
5. have your best appearance for him. Men are visual creatures!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!