/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guns & Hunting related questions

Nate
01-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Ok I have been researching things on some topics, I just got my FFL (Federal Firearms License) and I am still a new Muslim. I wanted to know if anyone knows anything wrong with Being a Gun Dealer. Issues I may have other than living in the Mid West & being Arab ;D

I have always hunted for food (deer) is this Haram and what is the proper way to hunt if so?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tyrion
01-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Do you have a local Imam you could ask? Nothing wrong with asking here, but IMO new (and not so new) Muslims shouldn't get into the habit of asking too many "is this haram?" type questions online...

Perseveranze
01-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Having a gun and being a hunter isn't haraam. However, there's specific rules for when you do hunt.

Check this out for an explanation - http://www.questionsonislam.com/ques...-hunting-islam

MustafaMc
01-06-2012, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Having a gun and being a hunter isn't haraam. However, there's specific rules for when you do hunt.

Check this out for an explanation - http://www.questionsonislam.com/ques...-hunting-islam
Thank you for the link. I, too, am a hunter and what I do is consistent with this article. I hunt with a muzzle-loader whereby you pour gunpowder down the barrel then ram a bullet down with a ramrod. I shot at a deer in December, but the gun misfired as the percussion cap didn't ignite the gunpowder.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nate
01-06-2012, 03:10 AM
great link thanks

ardianto
01-06-2012, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nate
I have always hunted for food (deer) is this Haram and what is the proper way to hunt if so?
Oh no, my brother, no. Please, don't shoot the deer or other animals. Let them live in their wildlife life.

If you want to shoot moving target, you can buy model planes.

Nate
01-06-2012, 03:19 AM
LOL I dont need moving target I need food to feed the family :statisfie

Ramadhan
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nate
LOL I dont need moving target I need food to feed the family
I can't remember any daleel that makes it haram to hunt for food, so you should be allright inshaAllah.

what is not allowed is to hunt for fun.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!