/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is haram to kill bugs?

Moneeb
01-06-2012, 12:10 AM
I know if it is haram to kill bugs? What type I cant kill and what type I can? I wanna know the circumstances if it is halal to kill him. I saw a spider coming down and killed it(A fast kill) because I might be afraid it will come to my parent's ears and live in their head because I heard a story of a boy who eats on his bed and ants came to eat the crumbs of the food and went inside his head and eat his brain(I know this might scare you but I wanna tell you the reason) and killed him. So what should I do to the bugs in my house if it is haram to kill them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
01-16-2012, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Moneeb
I know if it is haram to kill bugs? What type I cant kill and what type I can? I wanna know the circumstances if it is halal to kill him. I saw a spider coming down and killed it(A fast kill) because I might be afraid it will come to my parent's ears and live in their head because I heard a story of a boy who eats on his bed and ants came to eat the crumbs of the food and went inside his head and eat his brain(I know this might scare you but I wanna tell you the reason) and killed him. So what should I do to the bugs in my house if it is haram to kill them?
:sl:

Regarding spiders:

The Ulama have differences of opinion with regards to the killing of spiders. Some Ulama dislike the killing of spiders due to it having made a webb at the cave of Thawr for the protection of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). This is also the view of Hadhrat Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu). However, Tha'laby and ibn Atiyya have narrated another narration of Hadhrat Ali (Radhiallaahu Anhu), "Cleanse your homes from the webbs of spiders as leaving it creates poverty.? The second view is supported by those Ahaadith which suggests a person to keep his homes and courtyards clean." (Ma'ariful Qur'aan part6 pg.682; Darul Kitab)

Source: http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...=4975&act=view

Regarding Mice and other pests:

Abu Hurayra related that,

"The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him) forbade making animals suffer." [Bukhari]

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

To kill animals and insects which are harmful to one's self or belongings (such as pests) is permissible.

However, maximum effort should be made to minimize the suffering and pain. There is a whole chapter in the famous Hanafi Fiqh reference Fatawa al-Hindiyya regarding the killing of animals and what may and may not be done.

Therefore, to keep traps which kill the animals is permissible, although traps which disable them or cause slow, painful death may not be kept as harming the animal and making it suffer is not permissible.

Abu Hurayra related that, "The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him) forbade making animals suffer." [Bukhari]

The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, " Do not harm the creation of Allah." [Abu Dawud, from al-Ma`rur ibn Suwayd. Imam Jamal al-Din al-Zayla`i declared it to be a rigorously authenticated (sahih) hadith in Nasb al-Raya.]

This is why Ibn Hajar al-Haytami (Allah have mercy on him) mentions in his work on the major sins, al-Zawajir, that the scholars have explicitly stated that causing animals undue harm, such as hitting them painfully, without a sound reason is a major sin (kabira). [Ibn Hajar al-Haytami, al-Zawajir `an Iqtiraf al-Kaba'ir, 2.140]

And only Allah knows best.

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?id=680

What i would personally advise is if it is not harmful then try to avoid killing it if you can and put it outside instead, but if you cannot possibly do that and it is really bothering you or anyone else then you can kill it. Only as an absolute last resort though.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!