/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Poverty in Saudi Arabia

Samiun
01-06-2012, 08:09 AM
:sl: whenever I think of Saudi Arabia, I get a picture of well-fed people, rich people and car$ cuz they hv so mch m$nney & oil. The problem is........... the poor, no, the Ummah doesn't get attention. I hope they will try to help other Islamic Countries in the future, is there any NGOs over there that donates money to Gaza, Palestine or Iraq?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
01-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Theres enough Money in Saudi Arabia to support every single person in their kingdom but the Saudi's are more bothered about lining their own pockets, at the expense of leaving their own people for dead.

IslamicRevival
01-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Princess raps S Arabia on rights abuses

A Saudi princess has criticized the Riyadh regime for corruption, poverty and serious violations of human rights in the oil-rich Persian Gulf Kingdom.

Princess Basma Bint Saud Bin Abdul Aziz, who is a niece of King Abdullah and a social activist, told British media she would not remain silent about what is happening in her native country.

The princess, currently living in London, slammed what she called the lack of fairness in the distribution of wealth and power between the loyal family and ordinary people.

“You have 2,000 [royals] who are multi-millionaires, who have all the power, all the wealth and no-one can even utter a word against it because they are afraid to lose what they have," Princess Basma said.

"If you are poor man and you steal, your hand is cut off after three offences. But if you are a rich man, nobody will say anything to you," she added.

She also accused Saudi officials of ineptitude, adding they are not held accountable for what they do.

“We have ministers who are incapable of doing what has been ordered from above because there is no follow-up, because there are no consequences,” the 47-year-old princess said.

Several right groups and international bodies including the Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have frequently condemned the Saudi regime for their widespread violation of human rights.

Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world that bans women from driving. The ban is not enforced by law but is a religious fatwa imposed by the country's Wahhabi clerics.

In addition to driving prohibition, women in Saudi Arabia must have written approval from a male guardian, which could be a father, husband, brother or son, to leave the country, work or even undergo certain medical operations.

Source: http://www.presstv.com/detail/219556.html

Maryan0
01-06-2012, 11:32 AM
^It's heartening to find out at least one royal speaks out about injustice. Mashallah.
Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
01-06-2012, 02:49 PM
sometimes we are always find weird things about other country. i find it is weird for Switzerland to be dirty (main city forget the name) and full of illegal immigrants.
i always thought richest people stayed there.

Jedi_Mindset
01-06-2012, 03:12 PM
The puppet regime of saudi arabia will soon fall Insha'Allah.

Rhubarb Tart
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Poverty exists in every country in the world. Obviously some are not bad as others. You will never find someone in UK starving to death unless they are children, elderly or any other vulnerable people that meant to be look after but are neglected.

Samiun
01-07-2012, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Poverty exists in every country in the world. Obviously some are not bad as others. You will never find someone in UK starving to death unless they are children, elderly or any other vulnerable people that meant to be look after but are neglected.
:sl: True but as bro vision stated there is enuff money in the kingdom but they use it for their own personal use. But I can't say they're country is worse than others, they have one of the lowest crime rate in the world..

Ramadhan
01-07-2012, 02:52 AM
:sl:

There's also enough money and wealth in Indonesia for everyone in this country to live comfortably and more, and yet everyday there's always news about some poor people had to steal something to fulfill tehir basic needs, just like there are more than enough wealth in the USA and yet we hear news of americans died from poverty.

But I am glad that a saudi princess is speaking of injustice, may Allah SWT give hidayah to all the ruling royals of Saudi so they can use the money to benefit the ummah. ameen ya rabb al 'alameen.

asif1984
01-16-2012, 06:53 PM
can smell revolution in KSA like Libiya..

esperanza
01-16-2012, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asifsomy
can smell revolution in KSA like Libiya..
i dont think so wont happen

UmmuShaheed
01-17-2012, 05:19 AM
I agree. The pupet regime will end! May allah help them.! And I highly doubt a revolution will occur

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!