/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should i get my tattoo removed?

icscream
01-06-2012, 09:17 AM
At a young and foolish age of 15, i got a tattoo. At that time I was not as close to the teachings of Islam as i am now. I deeply regret it. Should i get laser tattoo removal? Does my prayer count? I always cover my tattoo when i pray. Again, please don't remind me how foolish it was, i agree, and deeply regret it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maryan0
01-07-2012, 03:59 AM
If you can afford to get it removed then do so. I don't know why your prayer would not be accepted if you've repented? Allah is the most forgiving/merciful.
Inshallah someone will elaborate...
Salam

Ramadhan
01-07-2012, 04:25 AM
:sl:

From http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/5452/tattoo

When I was kafir I got a tattoo on my shoulder.Alhumdillah I am now Muslim, My husband is fine about it Alhumdillah, however we would like it removed. To have it removed by laser is expensive and I believe it requires burning of the skin and I do not want to rule out for myself being of thoes who will enter Jena without account. Inshallah
I have repented, is there anymore I really need to do?
Jazak Allah Khair.

Praise be to Allaah.
Praise be to Allaah Who has guided you to His Straight Path. I ask Allaah to make you steadfast in following it. As for this tattoo which cannot be removed except through this kind of surgery, you do not have to do this, because it is too difficult and will cause pain and hurt. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning);
“… and [Allaah] has not laid upon you in religion any hardship…” [al-Hajj 22:78]. Your regret and dislike of that, and your determination never to do it again is sufficient. Also, Islam wipes out what came before, so in this case leaving it as it is should not cause you any harm, in sha Allaah. May Allaah help you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

icscream
01-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Thank you for your help. I will get it removed as soon as i can get enough money. I just hope i am forgiven. I will remember you in my prayer brother and sister.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!