/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to interpret this ?

syed1
01-06-2012, 09:31 PM
One of my Muslims friends once told me that it says in the Quran, for example in surah Kahf it says:

Chapter 18: 59
Sahih International
And who is more unjust than one who is reminded of the verses of his Lord but turns away from them and forgets what his hands have put forth? Indeed, We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if you invite them to guidance - they will never be guided, then - ever.

So what he said is.. "what if I am one of those people who Allah has chose to "misguide" and I will never be guided"...

I obvisously told him that there is no way of knowing, and that you have free will so you ultimately make the decision if you want to pray or not etc..

I guess my question is- what is meant by these verses? Not only in this chapter but other parts of the quran I have seen a similar verse..
"whom so ever allah guides, none can misguide, and whom so ever allah misguides none can guide"..

Also, why would God want to deviate one of his servants purposefully?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-07-2012, 01:36 AM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

"And who is more unjust than one who is reminded of the verses of his Lord but turns away from them and forgets what his hands have put forth? Indeed, We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if you invite them to guidance - they will never be guided, then - ever." [Al Qur'aan 18:59]

Well, firstly, it would be better to look at this ayah in context, but for now do focus on the part i've highlighted, it states that 'And who is more unjust than one Who is reminded of the verses of his lord but turns away'

Truely, Allaah is all just, and he is not injust, he knows the hearts of his servants and doesn't judge anyone wrongly. It speaks in regards to those who have turned away after being reminded, now we have free will to believe what we may, but clearly it states in the ayah that they were told yet they rejected the message by their own will.

format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
So what he said is.. "what if I am one of those people who Allah has chose to "misguide" and I will never be guided"...
Heres's a link, i hope it answers your question inshaa'Allaah

--->>> http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/wh...whom_he_wills_ <<<---

format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
Also, why would God want to deviate one of his servants purposefully?
Allaah SWT does not deviate his servants, they choose their own ways, has he not taught you that you are enabled to free will?

.. peace ..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!