/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to die early

ILuvAllah
01-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Salam everyone,

you know that I have seen some people become so much devoted to Islam at first then slowly their devotion decreases, some of them even falls into the traps of shaytan and go astray without even realizing it, some becomes arrogant and overconfident. This fears me. I dont want to be one of them. Im praying so that Allah protects me from all sorts of trick and traps of the shaytan. I really wish I could die early at a young age cause the early I would die the less sin I would commit. but Allah said not to wish for death. This dunya is so ugly, I hate this dunya and I feel like I dont belong here. (sound weird I know)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
01-07-2012, 11:01 AM
:sl:

There's a good du'a I read a while ago (roughly):
Ya Allah, please do not make me die before you make me haram for hell, and before you make me halal for jannah.

ILuvAllah
01-07-2012, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
:sl:

There's a good du'a I read a while ago (roughly):
Ya Allah, please do not make me die before you make me haram for hell, and before you make me halal for jannah.
what is the name of this dua? what is it in Arabic?

Hamza Asadullah
01-16-2012, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by luv4Allah
Salam everyone,

you know that I have seen some people become so much devoted to Islam at first then slowly their devotion decreases, some of them even falls into the traps of shaytan and go astray without even realizing it, some becomes arrogant and overconfident. This fears me. I dont want to be one of them. Im praying so that Allah protects me from all sorts of trick and traps of the shaytan. I really wish I could die early at a young age cause the early I would die the less sin I would commit. but Allah said not to wish for death. This dunya is so ugly, I hate this dunya and I feel like I dont belong here. (sound weird I know)
Or you could ask to live for longer so you can do more good deeds and ask for more forgiveness. Allah forgives more than he punishes. So the longer we live the more chance we have to do more good and for our sins to be forgiven This was also the advice of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when one of the companions asked him about dying early he replied that one should instead ask to live longer so that one can increase in good deeds. Also Aisha (Ra) mentioned that fortunate is the person who has much repentance in their accounts. So let us increase ourselves in good and in asking for repentance.

Surely in the hereafter our biggest regret will be that we did not do more good deeds. Then why do we not concentrate our efforts in doing good rather than thinking about how pathetic and cruel this life is. Who said we had to love this life? It is a good thing to hate this life as love for this dunya (this world) is a disease in the heart and so if we have hate in our hearts then we will keep our hearts safe from having love for this dunya. By having no love for this dunya and only love for the hereafter and meeting Allah we will enable our heart to be filled with the love of Allah and his messenger.

Therefore my sister concentrate your efforts on investing in your hereafter. Live for the hereafter. Live as though you are travelling to your final destination and this is just a stop off point as Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) advised of us to do. Do not think about how cruel this world is. We all know that and that is why this world has been described as a prison for the believers. This is our prison but it is in this prison that we can create our freedom which will be in Jannah. The more good we do in this prison the better our freedom will be. If we die now in this state then what kind of freedom can we expect?

So live for the hereafter and do as much good as you can. Ask for Allah to live as long as you can please him the most and achieve the best you can in the hereafter. Accept his decree and do not ask to shorten your life for that is what shaythan wants you to do because he never wants you to succeed in this life and especially not the next.

May Allah enable us all to live as long as we can please Allah the most and achieve the best we possible can in the hereafter. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tyrion
01-16-2012, 03:07 AM
Salam everyone,

You're just asking for an easy way out. Life is supposed to be a struggle, this is what you're here for. It's easy to die, or to die for Islam, but it's difficult to live for it. Try living for Islam first before you feel you're ready to die for it.

Also, those who you said become too devoted and turn arrogant are typically those who get over enthusiastic and put too much on their plates. Try living a balanced life, in every aspect, and don't try to bite off more than you can chew. When you find yourself straying, renew your intention and keep going. That should keep you from falling into the same traps.

ILuvAllah
01-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Thank you all for the helpful advices :) You know, actually my life was worse before my Repentance but as soon as I surrendered to Allah, my life became so much better than ever, I became stronger than I could ever imagine. I realized so many things. Alhamdulillah Allah saved me. Allahu Akbar :)

'Abd-al Latif
01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Salam everyone,

:salamext:

I believe the following hadeeth will answer your question.

The Prophet (:saws1:) said: "Let not any one of you wish for death because of some harm that has befallen him. If he must wish for something then let him say, 'O Allah, keep me alive so long as life is good for me, and let me die when death is good for me.'"

(Narrated by al-Bukhari (al-Fath), 11/154)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!