/* */

PDA

View Full Version : KN-OW: Clarity about Reality: Imran Hosein live link up in the UK!

Scimitar
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM
The legendary Shaykh Imran Hosein has confirmed his participation in a UK Conference for the first time!

http://www.kn-ow.com

Clarity about Reality: the inaugural KN-OW Conference. Take off the blindfold!

This is a can-not-miss event that will change the way you see the world in 2012!

January 21st 2012, 4pm

The Nottingham Bluecoat School and Technology College, Nottingham, NG8 5GY

Confirmed speakers include:

Shaykh Imran Hosein - live from Kuala Lumpur
Imam Khalid Hussain
Shaykh Abu Jafar al-Hanbali
Shaykh Waqas Amir

Register online at http://www.kn-ow.com

Very limited seats available

Attachment 4525
Attachment 4526

Insha-Allah, I have already had my place confirmed here and will be hosting the videos of the lectures on my youtube channel too insha-Allah. And no, they wont be in 15 minutes segments, I have a priveleged account so you can view the lectures in their entirety there insha-Allah.

But if you can, please attend the conference, it will be very beneficial.

EDIT: If you can't attend, you can still catch the LIVE STREAM at the link here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/theicemaker

Scimi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samiun
01-07-2012, 01:57 PM
:sl: it's times like this when I wish I was in Kuala Lumpur... but I won't be sad!

Scimitar
01-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Imran hosein will be be broadcasting his lecture LIVE to Nottingham UK (details in first post) So... as long as you are in the UK, you can attend insha-Allah.

Scimi

IslamicRevival
01-07-2012, 04:23 PM
SubhanAllah. Thanks for the info brother
May Allah give the Sheikh a long life, Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
01-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Ameen.

Bro, I live in London UK and I have already confirmed my place there. infact, I may be meeting with the organisers this evening insha-Allah, to discuss the propagation of the video lectures from this event on my channel (since its priveleged) as well as other avenues to help increase awarenesss for KN-OW events.

If you live in the UK, and can get to Nottingham with a brother, please attend. It will be very beneficial insha-Allah.

Scimi

syed_z
01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
SubHan Allah. Finally the Brothers and Sisters in UK get to hear Shaikh Imran Live and ask him questions. I am sure they must be very excited.

joyous fairy
01-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Assalam alaikum,

This is just down the road from me!!! Ive booked my place :D

And I went to that college, nobody stalk me. :nervous:

Scimitar
01-09-2012, 12:35 AM
See you there then sister... not that we'll recognize eachother lol...

I just got back form a meeting with the brothers who are organising this event. Alhamdulillah, they are good brothers, and my time with them was very informative.

Turns out - there's a small chance I may be presenting shaikh Imran N Hosein to the audience, for his live satellite link up.

Also, the other three shaikhs have never spoken to an e-audience before - so when the videos get hosted on my youtube channel, it will be the first time they would have been seen by a worldwide audience... turns out that these speakers are going to cover some amazing topics that other shaikhs don't usually bother with...

...this is going to be a really good event. And the best part is - it's FREE... limited seats - 250 only. If you are from the UK, I advise not to miss this opportunity. Shaikh Imran Hosein has never addressed a UK audience before - and to think, there will be the QA session afterwards aswell... Too tempting, right?

Right!

Scimi

joyous fairy
01-09-2012, 12:50 AM
^ Now that you have mentioned that, I will be able to recognise you, but you wont be able to recognise me!

Scimitar
01-09-2012, 01:04 AM
I really need that "facepalm" smiley - the one I keep requesting lol

Scimitar
01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
SubHan Allah. Finally the Brothers and Sisters in UK get to hear Shaikh Imran Live and ask him questions. I am sure they must be very excited.
Bro you coming to this event? Say you are!!! Say it... SAY IT ;D

Scimi

syed_z
01-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Salaam.

Brother i am far from UK. But i would actually love to meet the shaikh. InshA'Allah one day i will.

Scimitar
01-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Where in the UK? If you are in London, or nearby - or even on the way to Notts from London - book your place (it's free to attend) and insha-Allah, once I work out who I am going with, you can jump in with us (I don't have a car at the moment) and we'll take you there.

Scimi

syed_z
01-10-2012, 08:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Brother i am far from UK

;D Jazak Allah khayr for the invite may Allah (swt) Bless you but what i was saying was that i am far away in another land i.e. Pakistan.

Scimitar
01-10-2012, 02:35 PM
;D OK. I got that wrong BIGTIME. lol

~Zaria~
01-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Alhamdulillah!

This is great stuff! :)

Im actually wishing that I was in the UK too (ermm......cant really think of anything else worth-while in the UK tbh :p).

(On a more serious note - not sure when I'll be able to watch the vids for this event......Iv managed to deplete almost 2gig band-width in 10 days! :heated::cry::cry:.....facepalms with both hands!)

Btw. bro syed_z, i too thought that u are from UK.....^o)

To all attending: have a wonderful, safe and inspiring time!
And bring back some pearls of wisdom to share with all of us, insha Allah......(i.e those with no band-width to download mega-vids :hiding:)

Salaam

Scimitar
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Don't worry sis, there's always next month.

Btw, has anyone heard of this Imam Abu Jafar? Some say he's not a good guy. check this out. But first, run to your kitchens and grab some popcorn and fizzypop - this is quite the uhm, discussion (to put it mildly)

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...-hosein-54979/

Scimi

joyous fairy
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
I have heard of him and been to quite a few talks by him. All I can say is he has a lot of haters but also many people who look up to him.

I dont think you should listen to others, listen to him before making any judgements because some people have gone to the extreme, trying to force their opinions of him on others.

Scimitar
01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Indeed. I totally agree sister, which is why on that other forum, I had to repetitively make it clear that I am reserving my judgement on him until I have heard him speak - and even then, I will take that which is beneficial and discard that which may be doubtful.

Either way, I don't think he'll be lecturing on sectarian issues, atleast I hope not. As far as I'm aware he'll be talking about the Food and Health industries...

So many haters in the interwebs.

Scimi

IslamicRevival
01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Imam Khalid Hussain is attending too? MashAllah, another great Scholar who knows how to connect with the youth
Is there any chance this conference will be a streamed live, online? I wont be able to attend sadly :hmm:

joyous fairy
01-10-2012, 05:48 PM
^ Yep, to Bro Scimi, I read youre comments and MashaAllah, good that youre not being swayed.

These days, whichever Shaykh you come across will have some people that dislike him, and some that love him. Its difficult, but inshaAllah we stay on the correct path.

Scimitar
01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Is there any chance this conference will be a streamed live, online? I wont be able to attend sadly
there is a small possibility it will be streamed live, the brothers I met up with (organisers) were discussing this possibility.

Also, I will have the whole event available for viewing on my youtube channel as discussed with the organisers of the event on Sunday. Not the limited 15 minute versions either - but the whole thing, however many hours long it is.

Insha-Allah I'll break it down into lectures by speaker and the final vid will be the QA session.

To be notified of the upload, you can subscribe here: www.youtube.com/gangstrous - hope this helps bro.

Scimi

IslamicRevival
01-11-2012, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
there is a small possibility it will be streamed live, the brothers I met up with (organisers) were discussing this possibility.
Thanks for the info Brother. Do inform us if there will be a live stream, it sounds too good to miss!

Btw, has anyone heard of this Imam Abu Jafar? Some say he's not a good guy. check this out. But first, run to your kitchens and grab some popcorn and fizzypop - this is quite the uhm, discussion (to put it mildly)

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...-hosein-54979/
'One mans good man, is another mans bad man'
Replying to people like that is a waste of time.

Scimitar
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Too right bro, ignoring the ignorant is a good way to go I think.

I'll let you know if I hear anything about the event being streamed live. I really hope it does get the live stream treatment insha-Allah. Thanks for the interest akhi.

Scimi

joyous fairy
01-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Tomorrow! Cant wait! :D

Scimitar
01-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Me neither.

If you see some guy with a beard scuttling around some cameras, it'll probably be me... I'm gonna try and get involved as little as possible coz I want to (selfishly) enjoy the lecture and the QA session.

Oh, small update - the QA session was originally planned for only 15 minutes with Sheikh Imran Hosein, but has now been increased to a whopping 45 minutes... That's pretty awesome.

It should be getting a live stream too, so if you can;t make it but want to watch it as it happens, check out the KN-OW website tomorrow (link first post) for more details.

Scimi

EDIT: Live stream tomorrow from here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/theicemaker

Scimitar
01-20-2012, 07:47 PM

syed_z
01-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the updates i will be looking forward inshA'Allah to watch his lecture online. Please keep us updated and jazak Allah khayr

Scimitar
01-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Alhamdulillah, I just got back from Nottingham... Event was very well organised, food was excellent, and the lectures were very good too alhmadulillah. All in all, I'd say I was quite impressed with the whole day. The only downside was the live stream from Imran Hosein. It kept cutting out every ten minutes or so (facepalm)... So apologies to all who tried to watch this via the link above.

As way of compensation, I will be hosting the lectures in their entirety on my youtube channel as soon as I receive the raw footage and my team gets to work getting the edits finished.

Scimi

joyous fairy
01-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Yeh I agree bro, the event was awesome Alhamdulillah!

We had to leave a bit earlier, just before the QnA started but I got home within 10 minutes and watched it online lol. You know the live stream of Shaikh Imran Hosein was really good quality! It didnt cut out like it was doing at the school. I think because it as connected from their side?

I really liked Imam Khalids lecture, MashaAllah, he is a really clear and funny speaker.

I liked the food too :p and I think I know what you look like LOL.

joyous fairy
01-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Oh and I mean the live stream on the KN-OW link.

joyous fairy
01-22-2012, 03:01 AM
Oh and Bro Scimi how comes it took you so long to get back home? They did say people came from all over the UK though, but 4 hours, you sure you didnt come from a different country? Lol.

Scimitar
01-22-2012, 03:23 AM
Oh so you made it? lol... Excellent... LOL @ the chicken biryani man. Best things in life are free hahahahaa

Ok so which one was I then? Bet you got me wrong lol (I wouldn't really be coz betting is haram), ;D

Scimi

joyous fairy
01-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Hmmm,

You know what I didnt even finish the biryani man, I wasnt hungry, but it was niiice.

You were the one with a beard LOLOL.

Scimitar
01-22-2012, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Oh and Bro Scimi how comes it took you so long to get back home? They did say people came from all over the UK though, but 4 hours, you sure you didnt come from a different country? Lol.
we stopped twice on the way home sis. Thought the car was playing up on us... had to rest it for a bit. actually one time we stopped to eat more of taht biryani (we took some home).

Scimitar
01-22-2012, 03:37 AM
There was like... a majority of beards there though hehe

joyous fairy
01-22-2012, 04:56 AM
we stopped twice on the way home sis. Thought the car was playing up on us... had to rest it for a bit. actually one time we stopped to eat more of taht biryani (we took some home).
Oh right, Haha, you really loved that Biryani didnt you? :p

There was like... a majority of beards there though hehe
Yep, I was just joking. But what you said in the other post means that you were definitely the person that I am thinking you were, if that makes sense lol.

Scimitar
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I didnt play with the cameras actually... I was the one with the grey felt topi and long grey coat. With black Thowb and blue jeans that are cut above the
ankles. Grey boots.... white hairs in my beard lol.

Oh, and glasses... sat in the first row, left side facing the stage, 3rd seat from the middle isle.

Was you right? :hiding:

Imam Khalid is a funny guy, made me laugh quite a bit.

syed_z
01-22-2012, 08:10 PM

Asalaam o Alaikum brothers/sisters.... Its on Sheikh Imran's channel.

Salaam. :)

joyous fairy
01-22-2012, 09:39 PM
I didnt play with the cameras actually... I was the one with the grey felt topi and long grey coat. With black Thowb and blue jeans that are cut above the
ankles. Grey boots.... white hairs in my beard lol.

Oh, and glasses... sat in the first row, left side facing the stage, 3rd seat from the middle isle.

Was you right? :hiding:

Imam Khalid is a funny guy, made me laugh quite a bit.
lol, I was wrong then. And what a descriptive description lol. I didnt notice that much of the bros :p

Yep, Imam Khalid did another small talk today at the Masjid. It was really good.

joyous fairy
01-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Assalam alaykum,

Do you know if anyone will be uploading the other talks? They were pretty good too, MashaAllah.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 05:19 PM
hmm, yes. Good point. Let me check to see if they are up on youtube.

Scimi

EDIT: apparently not. I've asked the brothers on their youtube channel if they are uploading soon... but if they are having trouble with the edits, then I'll offer to do the edits for them.

Scimitar
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Good news: They finally uploaded the videos of the lectures to their website. Speakers include:

Imran Nazar Hosein
Waqas Amir
Abu Jafar al Hanbali
Khalid Hussain

Here is the link: http://www.kn-ow.com/events

I've been told that the lectures will also be on youtube within the fortnight insha-Allah.

Scimi

joyous fairy
02-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Good news: They finally uploaded the videos of the lectures to their website. Speakers include:

Imran Nazar Hosein
Waqas Amir
Abu Jafar al Hanbali
Khalid Hussain

Here is the link: http://www.kn-ow.com/events

I've been told that the lectures will also be on youtube within the fortnight insha-Allah.

Scimi
Thats awesome, JazakAllah Khair bro!

Scimitar
02-07-2012, 12:00 AM
You're welcome sis.

The lectures were good to watch again.

Khalid Hussain made me laugh so much... what a character, masha Allah.

Scimi

joyous fairy
02-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Oh I just checked my e-mails and I got an e-mail from them with a link to the site and with the lectures up lol. I need to check my e-mails more often :p

KN-OW
03-19-2012, 08:59 PM
The videos are now available on the official KN-OW YouTube Channel and our website!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!