/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The F1 Thread(vrmmmm!)

Samiun
01-08-2012, 01:42 PM
:sl: does any1 watch f1 here? I was reading the comments on youtube the other day and I saw lots of fans saying that the skill level in f1 has dropped since they used KERS and DRS. What do you think about it? Does it destroy the level of competitiveness that they once use to have in the era of Jackie Stewart, Gillues Villeneuve, Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell and Jaques Villeneuve? I think F1 are now relying more on computer as demonstrated by Red Bull this year when they gain first place in almost grand prix. Whereas during the old f1 drivers, they had to rely not just speed but their skills in pulling the gear box at the right time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
It's boring when Vettel wins everything thanks to superior technology and preferential treatment by his team over webber.

Abdul-Raouf
01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Even i had created a post related to F1 ...long back..

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-accident.html

aadil77
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
KERS and DRS has nothing to do with computers

Traction control has already been banned and so has launch control, so I don't think there are any computer driver aids left. We can't have manual gearboxes like in the old days, its too dangerous to be driving one handed. Semi automatics are for safety and quick gear changes.

The reason red bull have won races is because of their aerodynamics in their wings and diffusers, nothing to do with drivers using computer aids.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
KERS and DRS has nothing to do with computers

Traction control has already been banned and so has launch control, so I don't think there are any computer driver aids left. We can't have manual gearboxes like in the old days, its too dangerous to be driving one handed. Semi automatics are for safety and quick gear changes.

The reason red bull have won races is because of their aerodynamics in their wings and diffusers, nothing to do with drivers using computer aids.
Maybe it has n0thing to d0 with comput4h a!ds..

Rules on use

DRS zones on the Sepang circuit in 2011. 1: DRS detection point. 2: DRS activation point. 3: approximate DRS deactivation point (braking zone before Turn 1)
The usage of DRS is limited by the F1 rules. It is allowed to be used only when:
The following car is a maximum of one second behind the leading car (the FIA reserves the right to alter this parameter, race by race).
The following car is in an overtaking zone as defined by the FIA before the race (commonly known as the DRS Zone).
Further:
The system may not be activated on the first two laps of a race.
The system cannot be used until two laps have passed after a restart or safety car appearance.
The system may not be enabled if racing conditions are deemed dangerous by the race director, such as rain as was the case at the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix.
The drivers are able to use the system without restriction during practice and qualifying. A dashboard light notifies the driver when the system is enabled. The system is deactivated when the driver releases the button or brakes.
There are lines on the track to show the area where the one-second proximity is being detected and a line later on the track where the drivers whose system is deemed valid to be armed may deploy it. These lines are more commonly referred to as the 'detection point' and the 'activation point'.
Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) are automotive systems whereby the kinetic energy of a moving vehicle is recovered under braking and stored in a reservoir (for example a flywheel or a battery) for later use under acceleration.
Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) were used for the motor sport Formula One's 2009 season, and are under development for road vehicles. KERS was abandoned for the 2010 Formula One season, but re-introduced for the 2011 season. As of the 2011 season, 9 teams are using KERS, with 3 teams having not used it so far in a race.[1]
SOURCE#1 SOURCE#2

I'm rooting for K.Kobayashi This year.. Hopefully he'll be the first asian to win the GP11! or at least win poles.

IslamicRevival
01-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Massive fan of F1 but lost passion for the sport as of late.

I wasn't a supporter of DRS when it was introduced, (not a fan of artificial overtaking) but i kind of warmed to it as the season progressed. Last season was pretty dull..yes but there were some great races, Suzuka, Montreal and Monaco for example. Red bull clearly had the fastest car.. but no one can take anything away from Vettel, He is the next Schumacher, no doubt about it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
fans saying that the skill level in f1 has dropped since they used KERS and DRS. What do you think about it? Does it destroy the level of competitiveness that they once use to have in the era of Jackie Stewart, Gillues Villeneuve, Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell and Jaques Villeneuve?
Utter rubbish, Formula one cars might have been harder to drive back in the days but that's doesn't mean the level of skill needed to drive these beasts is any less.

I think F1 are now relying more on computer as demonstrated by Red Bull this year when they gain first place in almost grand prix. Whereas during the old f1 drivers, they had to rely not just speed but their skills in pulling the gear box at the right time.
Formula one has moved on, its not 1990, its 2012. Red Bull won the title last season because they built a car which was engineered to perfection, I'd say it was as good as the Ferrari Schumacher drove in his days of Dominance. Its a rare phenomenon to build a car THAT good.

Salahudeen
01-08-2012, 10:57 PM
The lack of competitiveness made it boring for me, it seems every season there's just one guy who wins every race and is a cut above the rest by a mile. :hmm:

IslamicRevival
01-09-2012, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
The lack of competitiveness made it boring for me, it seems every season there's just one guy who wins every race and is a cut above the rest by a mile. :hmm:
It may seen that way but From 2005 till 2010, i believe the championship has been won in either of the final two races.
Pretty competitive i'd say

CosmicPathos
01-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Been a fan of F1 as a child purely from aesthetic point of, just wanted to see cars racing and engines humming, never looked into technical stuff. Not a fan anymore.

I do like normal cars though. I am waiting for Subaru BRZ Sti, soemthing I probably can afford to buy hopefully in real life (inshAllah!) and drive in real life. Unlike a F1 car.

Tilmeez
01-09-2012, 08:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
Been a fan of F1 as a child purely from aesthetic point of, just wanted to see cars racing and engines humming, never looked into technical stuff. Not a fan anymore.
Vvrrmmmm! Vvrrmmmm!
I mean, F1 Language, Same here :X

Samiun
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Massive fan of F1 but lost passion for the sport as of late.

I wasn't a supporter of DRS when it was introduced, (not a fan of artificial overtaking) but i kind of warmed to it as the season progressed. Last season was pretty dull..yes but there were some great races, Suzuka, Montreal and Monaco for example. Red bull clearly had the fastest car.. but no one can take anything away from Vettel, He is the next Schumacher, no doubt about it.

Utter rubbish, Formula one cars might have been harder to drive back in the days but that's doesn't mean the level of skill needed to drive these beasts is any less.

Formula one has moved on, its not 1990, its 2012. Red Bull won the title last season because they built a car which was engineered to perfection, I'd say it was as good as the Ferrari Schumacher drove in his days of Dominance. Its a rare phenomenon to build a car THAT good.
:sl: So uhmmm when is the last time you see someone win first prize with only 0.014 seconds ahead of the second place driver? Or the tyres of the F1 touch each other as demonstrated by Gilleues Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux when they constantly overtake each other? Or Mika Hakkinen's amazing overtake in 2000 against Shumacher? Okay I admit that 2005-2010 was a pretty good year for F1 but cmon dude! 2011 is just ridiculous.. I don't think MSC in his prime had ever lead the grand prix by such a larGeeee margineeeeeee(192 point difference from second place position). Btw, this particular driver kept on crashing onto F.Massa and they had a rivalry but they realized that vettel was their true rival and reconciled..

sabr*
01-09-2012, 04:26 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Didn't realize submitting our thread topic from BS to MF
would happen.

Sebastian Vettel is an excellent driver but we are inclined
towards Lewis Hamilton. (He will do better than fifth place this season)

66 days until the season opener in Melborne, Australia. (16-18 March 2012)

We will attend two races on the circuit. Insha Allah.

Force India is completing the crash test before entering.
They are with the Silverstone based team. Who is going
to be the driver? Is Micheal Schumacher and Nico
Rosberg on this team? There are only two Mercedes
teams. The other is McLaren Mercedes.

IslamicRevival
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
:sl: So uhmmm when is the last time you see someone win first prize with only 0.014 seconds ahead of the second place driver? Or the tyres of the F1 touch each other as demonstrated by Gilleues Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux when they constantly overtake each other? Or Mika Hakkinen's amazing overtake in 2000 against Shumacher?
No offense but you're living in dream land, its rare to have two cars finish within 1 second of each other never mind 0.14.
As for wheel to wheel racing. Mark Webber's overtake on Alonso through Eau rouge was as good as any move ive ever seen. Again..its rare to see these kind of magic overtaking moves

Most races last season were pretty drab (Valencia especially :heated:) but that's not to say it was a bad season, far from it.

$tranger
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM

http://youtu.be/gS8p68xWBOc

aadil77
01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
F1 is crap now, gets crapper every year with uglier and slower cars.

I just hope the teams will eventually have enough and make their own series; back to the V10 engines, 1000 bhp, 20,000 rpm, fat tyres etc etc

Samiun
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
No offense but you're living in dream land, its rare to have two cars finish within 1 second of each other never mind 0.14.
Yeah maybe I was living in a dream land after seeing Ayrton Senna's lap record. Then I remembered I watched two of these really close finishes...

Enjoy~
Skip to 7:26

Skip to 4:00

syilla
01-12-2012, 10:50 AM
the groupon online deals got a special discount for F1 sepang circuit go cart. 70%discounts *wink. ii think probably has sold out sorry

syilla
01-12-2012, 11:08 AM
updated : actually its still on at www.ilovediscounts.my 4 hours to go lol

http://www.ilovediscounts.my/selango...g-for-10-mins/

Samiun
02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
:sl: is this the upcoming Muslim f1 driver? I would sure like to see him getting pole position. It's curious to know what would he do on grand stand :P

$tranger
02-15-2012, 12:26 PM
It's curious to know what would he do on grand stand :P
ask for sparkling water-what they use in Middle East

Samiun
02-16-2012, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by $tranger
ask for sparkling water-what they use in Middle East
but how about if the others started to pop up their champagne? He would be in the middle of that, and you'll know what comes next..

Paprika
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Sorry to interrupt but that heading should read, Vrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmm

Samiun
02-24-2012, 11:59 AM
:sl: I never knew that there was a Muslim test driver in Lotus...

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/moto...ath-in-ramadan

Samiun
06-12-2012, 09:42 AM
:sl: Time to relive this thread @_@ Btw did anyone watch the Canadian Grand Prix last weekend? Schumy had tough luck and Alonso and Vettel suffered because of team orders :O

Samiun
12-12-2014, 04:20 PM
:sl: this thread should be revamped! Finally a NEW world champion is crowned in Abu Dhabi, no more Seb.

Great partnership next season

LH vs NH (PART TWO)

Kimi vs Seb

ALO vs JB

Dan vs Kvyat

Hellooo? Anyone? >_<

greenhill
12-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Problem was, for a few years I followed F1 and motoGP, which meant that nearly every weekend I would be glued to the TV. And when that season ends, that football season starts....and I follow that too! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!