/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Depressed(more detailed version)

falls
01-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Salam.. i made other post but this one ill explain more detailed.

I've been down in recent months and finds that while more and more difficult to assimilate me of school education. During lessons, it is perfectly still in my head. I feel like I get dumber and dumber, which worries me. The concern then save on the whole, and even a stop block for my disappearance intellect. It's hard for me to formulate sentences when I talk. Even my memory has become worse. Feels like it's something that blocks it. And to take in information o facts feels just as they disappear at the same time i recieve it.

I have often thought that I as a result of growing up missed mass education and why I'm so slow, but I've also recently started to realize that even if the part is something in it so often happens the same in the subjects I'm interested in and should be good.
If I compare myself with a normal person as normal may have been a bit half instresserad of a topic a few years ago and you start talking about the subject so will all the info he got up again and he can talk about it, but to me it is completely quiet in the head, as if I forget things I have and have never been interested in it and I stand silent / it stands still in the head.

I am a little uneducated, etc. I have always had problems with, that I have through life been in situations that I get embarrassed when substances and things that really ALL others but I have sat as a question mark and never heard of it before .

But there is more to my growing up to do and that I have not been through those things that people in normal families and therefore have no information from the activities and that my parents did not immediately have learned some general knowledge.

This with the brain's slow, I have always had problems with, for example, when I was 18 and someone asks me what the Prime Minister of Sweden is called, and I stand completely blank in the head and can not think of what he called and left to stand where as a question mark and say - I do not know. But in fact I know what his name is, I've read and heard about him 1000times earlier but it has not stuck in my head.

Or when I was around 15, and someone asks me what the King of Sweden called the same thing happens there. I'm just blank in the head and can not think of his name, but of course I have heard of him 1000 times.

It is just like many things do not get stuck in my head, and it has stuck I forget quickly.

At school I could get good grades when I performed the task, but I did them rarely as my 'performance-anxiety' was constantly in the way. If I could not go into full and conscious of the task was just as good to do nothing. Consequently, my performance in school very mediocre. I bet/focused on just to pass/finish all school-subjects and taught me almost nothing, especially not when I would show projects orally, in class - my worst fear. I'm useless to think of what to say and can not improvise at all. If someone tells me to tell you about what an apple is something I say something like, "Apple is a fruit ... which is sometimes green ... red ... * Blackout * ... apples have seeds. Apples grow on trees. "(Bad example but still.) It does not matter how much I read about a topic, I still forget me away. Knowledge is not stored.

So:
Well, as it goes for talking in public with stranger or something like that sometimes when i talk i hook up with some words or sentences and i cant express myself clearly and when that happens i get extra nervous and stressed and my thoughts are just going around.. And get nervous for simple small things just when friends calling me to come down to the streetdoor.. sometimes not.. I feel dizzy/tired in my head like my head is somewhere else in the world and when i play football it get worse(My head gets more heavy/dizzy/lost) .. I have much negative thoughts but since ive been "practicing" my religion, ive become sensitive, i have 'mental exhaustion' , it feels like i am in this world but yet in a other world in my head (as i explained above somewhere), cannot explain in a good way, i get nervous very easy i cant handle criticism whensomeone say something bad about me or smth. i am not productive, when im at school when we have workshops( im studying to be a mechanic) , they get finished fast and for me it takes ages it feels like im not good at anything and hard for me to learn. my friend tell me its a depression.. my main problem is this "mental exhaustion" i think, my head/brain feel heavy 24/7 like im not here in this world but still i am..

i dont talk much either, unsocial it feels.. lack of interests lack of passion i dont even read about islam or nothing.. lost it all.. i pray 5 times a day.. I loved to watch football earlier in times but only my favourite team, now i dont watch ive lost interest.. The only thing i feel normal in and "chilled" is when i play videogames at computer but lost passion for it too. i just play cuz ive got nothing to do.. im not hungry for knowledge, i dont read about islam neither school subjects.. I want to change and i hope i wrote the most stuff and didnt forgot to write the most important part.

This was it i think. Regards

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
falls
01-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Something happened with this thread, had to bump it.

falls
01-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Somebody who can help or have tips/advices for a young lost kid? ...

ardianto
01-09-2012, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by falls
Somebody who can help or have tips/advices for a young lost kid? ...
I don't think you are kid, because you wrote "when I was 18".

How old you age?. The answer, Insha Allah, can make other members easier to give you an advice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
falls
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I turn 21 this year ..

Dagless
01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
You're still young. Have you seen a doctor? There are various things that can be done for social anxiety and just to see if you're generally ok.

- Qatada -
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
:salamext: 1 - Akhee, take multi vitamin tablets, or iron tablets because you feel light headed and 'dazey' in your own world, maybe due to iron or vitamin deficiency. 2 - Also try to communicate with people more (like good islamic friends) because that will make it easier for you to communicate with people more, and information will quickly come to your mind and tongue (due to alot of practise talking.) 3 - Read the prayer of Prophet Moses which is in surah Taha 2:25-27 - http://quran.com/20/25-27) to remove your anxiety and speech problem.

Abz2000
01-10-2012, 12:41 AM
and listen to loads of motivating audio talks, they'll help educate you on Islam without even having to try much, just plug them into your ear:

http://www.islamictorrents.net/details.php?id=10008

Mayana
01-10-2012, 12:58 AM
:sl:

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I myself have gone through a similar phase in my life in which I was depressed and as a result of that depression, I performed very badly academically. It wasn't to the extent that you describe, but a lot of it occurred to me as well, e.g. loss of memory, not being able to retain new information, blacking out etc. As I got over my depression, my memory came back as well.

So I suggest two things to you: Firstly, talk to an academic counselor (someone with both, pedagogic and psychological background) about your struggles in learning. It's rather common and a lot of students go through it so they should be able to help you out. They will be able to figure out whether it's a learning disability or it's a result of depression. And if you think that your depression is the reason for the learning issues, then I suggest you speak to a doctor. I know people who had the same complaints about memory loss and such and they spoke to their doctors and were helped.

The problem you describe is a common one so don't be sad. It most requires professional attention from educators and/or doctors but that will solve it, inshAllah & bi idhnillah.

ardianto
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Assalamualaikum.

One of the bad habits in society is to compare a child who did not achieve the expected results with a child who achieve better results, sometimes even telling this child to be like other children who are better.

For example, if a child gets less good results in mathematics, then the people around him will say to him "look, Mr.Fulan children can achieve high score in mathematics, not like you who got low score. You have to be like him"

The intention is good, to motivate the child to get better. However, this can cause personality disorders in children, which this child will think of himself as a freak who will not be accepted by society. Will also make the child's loss of direction in his personality development, in which he will try to be like everyone else. This is not good, because this child will actually forget his potential.

I do not know for sure, if this happened to brothers Falls or not, although I see an indication to this assumption from what he had written.

format_quote Originally Posted by falls
If I compare myself with a normal person
Compare himself with other people, feel himself has many weaknesses while others are always perfect is a common behavior that shown by the who have much experience, people compare him with other children

In a certain stage, people who like this could lose the passion and interest to do something. Because he is at a crossroads that puzzled him. On the one hand he feels should be able to do things like other people, and on the other hand he wants to be himself.

Allright, now I want to ask brother Falls. Is my description close to your situation?

Riana17
01-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Asalam

If that is correct, I can relate to that, when I was not Muslim I always compare myself with others.
It's never ending gaga moments because in the end of the story, no one is better than anyone except in Imaan and there is no way to find out this.

Now Alhamdollellah feeling better and comfortable, I am thankful to Allah for who I am and I pray to have sabr and patience. Amen

'Abd-al Latif
01-11-2012, 11:52 AM
:salamext:i

I've skimmed over what you've wrote and I can give you general advice as to why you are forgetful, unable to learn new things or remember simple things like the name of the Swedish Prime Minister.

I will be as bold as to believe that your underlying depression problem is far more than just some small academic problems or even being unable to speak as fluently as you would wish to. Probably someone in your family or another person who has entered your life is influencing your thoughts. Do not make another person your only hope for normal life.

Whatever is really depressing you (and only you know the answer to this question), you must work to overcome it. You must remind yourself that there is far more in life than making another person an object of your happiness. Do something that you enjoy (or start to do something as such), something you believe will build a positive future for you. You must not allow yourself to sink beneath your anguish but carry on.

If you allow yourself to remain depressed than you will continue to be forgetful, your learning will be minimal because you can't learn if you have too much in your mind and you will not develop yourself to be who you want to be. Surfacing from your depression, and staying above the surface, is the first step to being the kind of person you want to be.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!