/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Introvert or extrovert?

Ramadan90
01-10-2012, 06:00 PM
ASA

Are you introvert or extrovert?

I have personally an introvert personality. Dont like to be in the spot light or attention, quite, dont like to socialize(I like to be myself, too many people drains my enegy), dont like to have many friends, I am more spiritual than materialistic(I would be depressed without Islam).

The most problem I face everytime is when people percieve me as stuckup and conceited because I dont talk that much. If someone dont want to talk about something beneficial. I just dont like to talk that much, I am more of the person who talks one in one conversations.

Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
joyous fairy
01-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Walaikum salam,

I am introvert and people generally think Im shy/quiet but when I get to know someone, I start talking a lot more.

I dont think its necessarily a bad thing being an introvert or extrovert, everyone has a different personality, this makes the world a much more interesting place.

Also, being an introvert does not mean you wont have many friend, in fact, it can mean you have more friends because you listen more and people come to you to talk. Or even have more meaningful friendships.

There are a lot of psychological tests you can do to find out what kind of personality you have, maybe the thread starter can add some links in the OP, so people can find out what they are?

serena77
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Assalamu-alaikum

I"m both. I have aspergers syndrome and so its harder for me to be in social situations but i've often worked jobs dealing w/ people and the public and really enjoy that for the most part.. however... amongst a peer group that i don't know well.... I tend to keep a lot of things internal ....
serena

Flame of Hope
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
ASA

I have personally an introvert personality. Dont like to be in the spot light or attention, quite, dont like to socialize(I like to be myself, too many people drains my enegy), dont like to have many friends, I am more spiritual than materialistic(I would be depressed without Islam).

The most problem I face everytime is when people percieve me as stuckup and conceited because I dont talk that much. If someone dont want to talk about something beneficial. I just dont like to talk that much, I am more of the person who talks one in one conversations.

Salam
:wa:

I'm an introvert of the intense kind. I can so relate to what you're saying.

I don't like crowded places. They are kind of scary to me. :nervous:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
01-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Assalamualaikum,

Sometime my wife, my relatives, or my friends were surprised when they knew I am a 'popular' person. There are many people who know me, although I could not recognize them.

I have many friends. This is one of happiness in my life.

format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
Also, being an introvert does not mean you wont have many friend, in fact, it can mean you have more friends because you listen more and people come to you to talk. Or even have more meaningful friendships.
True.

I am a type of person who listen more than talk, I can not speak in front of public (even I am a stutterer). I don't like to be The Star of the Party, but I prefer to sit alone in the corner. And I always want to have a time when I enjoy being alone.

That's because I am an introvert person.

But I am not a person who spend the time with stay on the room. I have many activities that made me meet many people, and meet many people made me have many friends.

So, it's not true that the introvert can not have friends.

Ghazalah
01-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Introvert and Extrovert are very broad and general terms, they're just a bunch of traits clustered together. I think the question should be are you more introverted than extroverted, vice versa. Because in some situations you can be extroverted and some situations introverted.

Personally, I believe I'm more introverted than extrovert. :hmm:

Reflections
01-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I think I've become more extroverted as times has gone by. I quite enjoyed being introverted- to an extent.

syilla
01-12-2012, 05:30 AM
i don't know...maybe i am and sometimes i think ppl don't like it so its better for me to introvert in the sense but i think it hindered my talent and creativity huhu

Muslim Woman
01-12-2012, 07:13 AM
:sl:

a poll should be added with the topic.

Introvert.

Al-bint
01-12-2012, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
ASA

Salam
salaam alikum!
your description describes me too completely! Introvert! :)

shehzad.sattar
07-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

Muhammad
07-20-2013, 02:55 PM
:threadmrg

aflawedbeing
07-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Too extroverted for my own good at times. :(

ardianto
07-20-2013, 05:07 PM
People say if we are not talkative person we will not able to sell something. But from my experiences in sales and marketing, it's not true.

Actually the customers do not want to meet someone who talk much and try to convince them to buy something. But they want to meet someone who can listen to them and understand what they need/want.

So, don't worry if you are a introvert and want to work in sales and marketing. What you should do is develop your "listen and understand" skill.

RuralMuslimah
07-20-2013, 05:47 PM
It entirely depends on who I am with. If I know you, if I am comfortable with you, I am an extrovert. If I don't know you very well, I am very much an introvert. For me, it's not a matter of being shy, it's a matter of self-preservation because of some issues that have gone in over my life, and the fact I just flat out don't trust people because of those incidents.

Abdul Fattah
07-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Aselam
I'm introverted myself, and I don't think people think I'm stuck-up because I refuse to talk. Perhaps that's the reason they give you when you ask them, but most likely it has nothing to do with wheter or not you talk, but moreso wtith your bodylanguage. Most of the time it's not so much what we say that matters (or in this case what we don't say) but the way we (don't) say it!

sister herb
07-20-2013, 10:59 PM
I am not introvert or extrovert. I dislike to categorize myself to some limits.

:hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!